The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Mrs C14 seems OK. Her symptoms started yesterday, but she is doing alright.

We aren't isolating, but she is wearing a mask when we are in the same room etc.

And yeah, triple vaxxed.
Exact same situation for me this week also Cruffy, missus tested positive yesterday coming back from a trip she couldn't get out of. I tested negative yesterday and feel fine, but more worried about my kid who isn't vaxxed....

Exact same situation for me this week also Cruffy, missus tested positive yesterday coming back from a trip she couldn't get out of. I tested negative yesterday and feel fine, but more worried about my kid who isn't vaxxed....
I did a PCR this morning and again negative.

Oh, hopefully the little one is OK.

My wife is pregnant but the OB is not concerned (triple vaxxed etc)

Household has been torn to shreds with the "normal" flu the last 2 weeks. I thought for sure it was COVID. 5 negative RAT tests. 2 negative PCR tests and 2 trips to the hospital for 2 of us. 2 days bed bound, 2 days where I tried WFH but could barely manage half a day. Eventually the missus and 2 of the 3 kids got it off me.

Got back from Melbourne 2 weeks ago and was thinking I better get my flu shot ASAP. Turns out it beat me to it and I caught it either on the flight back or on one of my final couple of days over there.

Household has been torn to shreds with the "normal" flu the last 2 weeks. I thought for sure it was COVID. 5 negative RAT tests. 2 negative PCR tests and 2 trips to the hospital for 2 of us. 2 days bed bound, 2 days where I tried WFH but could barely manage half a day. Eventually the missus and 2 of the 3 kids got it off me.

Got back from Melbourne 2 weeks ago and was thinking I better get my flu shot ASAP. Turns out it beat me to it and I caught it either on the flight back or on one of my final couple of days over there.
I tested negative again this morning, but I have felt very lethargic and achey today. Very sapped of energy.

Its going around everywhere because immunity has not been built up to it with a few years of lockdowns.

Its going around everywhere because immunity has not been built up to it with a few years of lockdowns.
Yeah I noticed the messaging around it a few weeks back when over. And then all the AFL players who have been struck down. Know of a handful of family and friends over there who got it and then obviously myself at the end of the trip. After never having had the flu or COVID, I know for sure the comment "it's just a cold" for either is more luck than anything.

Took me a good 5 days to come good. But even now 12 days later I've only just started to clear this smokers cough
Positive test for me this morning.

I feel better than yesterday but I slept for 10 hours so I assume that's a big factor.

Yesterday (on a negative test) was bad.

God that Vardy/Rooney case is ridiculous. I get everyone deserves their day in court but...well come on.

I saw a comment saying 'the only way anyone wins out of this is if the lawyers donate all they're making to charities at the end of it'. Hard to disagree (noting that it's not the lawyers fault of course).

Everyone knows Rebekah Vardy is a snake that tries desperately to stay relevant.

God that Vardy/Rooney case is ridiculous. I get everyone deserves their day in court but...well come on.

I saw a comment saying 'the only way anyone wins out of this is if the lawyers donate all they're making to charities at the end of it'. Hard to disagree (noting that it's not the lawyers fault of course).

Everyone knows Rebekah Vardy is a snake that tries desperately to stay relevant.
Vardy v Rooney.
Depp v Heard.

Have your day in court. I just don't need a running commentary of it on TV/Paper.
Who the * cares? Other than themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vardy v Rooney.
Depp v Heard.

Have your day in court. I just don't need a running commentary of it on TV/Paper.
Who the fu** cares? Other than themselves.
TBF, any victims of domestic abuse would take an interest in Depp vs Heard. It's horrifying to watch if you have ever been the subject of it yourself.

TBF, any victims of domestic abuse would take an interest in Depp vs Heard. It's horrifying to watch if you have ever been the subject of it yourself.
Fair.

Guess I'd rather just find out the result at the end.

My housemate got it as well and it wiped her out completely for a week, and she's typically a very active person.

Brought forward my flu shot ASAP after talking to her about it, sounded like a nightmare.

Vardy v Rooney.
Depp v Heard.

Who the duck cares? Other than themselves.
The Depp v Heard one deserves it's day in court but I agree, the coverage shown is unnecessary.

I really don't love that there's video footage from inside court room's. That should be kept for record purposes only imo. There's no reason the rest of the world needs to see what's happening in there.

The Depp v Heard one deserves it's day in court but I agree, the coverage shown is unnecessary.

I really don't love that there's video footage from inside court room's. That should be kept for record purposes only imo. There's no reason the rest of the world needs to see what's happening in there.
That was at Depp's request I believe.

Yeah that was more my point. I don’t need a nightly update on the news bulletin where they give a play by play commentary.

Cliff notes of the pertinent violence incidents would suffice.

Which I guess makes sense from his point of view due to the negative impacts the first lot of trials had on his public image but I still think they should just be told no in that instance.

Can't believe the amount of people still taking Heard's side.

I think there's an automatic sympathy that can come from the feminine side (and this is why it's so destructive, what she's doing).

For the record, he's no saint either. I think they're both pretty average humans.

They are, but his reputation has taken a hammering while she's still squeaky clean somehow. Sounds like that's shifting now though.

They are, but his reputation has taken a hammering while she's still squeaky clean somehow. Sounds like that's shifting now though.
That's well and truly shifted. Way beyond where he now sits.

Which is fair. But there does seem to be this feeling of 'poor Johnny'. Yes domestic violence against men is real and it happens. But those two are very average.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back