The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Hands up if you're hitting those trees more than once and getting negative distance... still in the long grass.

I've legit hit a ball backwards out of long grass, barely got the ball, it went up in the air and as I followed through the club hit it backwards.

I've legit hit a ball backwards out of long grass, barely got the ball, it went up in the air and as I followed through the club hit it backwards.
Most shattering one for me.
Played at Creswick Golf Club, just outside Ballarat.

There's a hole that it's gradient resembles a shallow U. You tee off from the high point and the fairway goes downhill and then you have to go back uphill to get to the green. Roughly the same altitude as the tee box. But long enough of a fairway that you can't reach the other side in one shot. Narrow fairway too.

Absolutely nail the driver. Dead straight and looks to be reasonable distance.
Well two thirds of the way along the fairway just as it bottoms out there is a massive gum tree, easily decades old based on its size... With one branch hanging over the fairway.

My ball hits the branch flush (it's probably 20m from the ground). The loudest THWACK sound. The ball ricochet's at speed back in my direction and lands on the fairway and rolls onto the ladies tee box 40m in from of me.

Is that the trailer for Season 3? I have never watched the show but have heard good things and I got 20 seconds into the trailer before deciding it’s something I have to watch.
There's been a few trailers so far. You've got until June the 3rd to catch up mate. Only two seasons. It is amazing

With nothing on the watch list after Ozark I'm going to finally get around to Better Call Saul. Tried giving it a go early on but didn't get into it. And then for years it's been on a platform I've never had

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With nothing on the watch list after Ozark I'm going to finally get around to Better Call Saul. Tried giving it a go early on but didn't get into it. And then for years it's been on a platform I've never had
The Boys
The Staircase
The Lincoln Lawyer
The Stranger
The Affair (5 seasons, will need to download)

The Boys
The Staircase
The Lincoln Lawyer
The Stranger
The Affair (5 seasons, will need to download)
I've watched the boys.

Will give the staircase and stranger a go. Lincoln Lawyer didn't rate after 2 eps, his voice is like nails on a blackboard.

Better call Saul should pass enough time until some big shows come along

I've watched the boys.

Will give the staircase and stranger a go. Lincoln Lawyer didn't rate after 2 eps, his voice is like nails on a blackboard.

Better call Saul should pass enough time until some big shows come along
LL is fantastic, his voice is fine lol :p

Most shattering one for me.
Played at Creswick Golf Club, just outside Ballarat.

There's a hole that it's gradient resembles a shallow U. You tee off from the high point and the fairway goes downhill and then you have to go back uphill to get to the green. Roughly the same altitude as the tee box. But long enough of a fairway that you can't reach the other side in one shot. Narrow fairway too.

Absolutely nail the driver. Dead straight and looks to be reasonable distance.
Well two thirds of the way along the fairway just as it bottoms out there is a massive gum tree, easily decades old based on its size... With one branch hanging over the fairway.

My ball hits the branch flush (it's probably 20m from the ground). The loudest THWACK sound. The ball ricochet's at speed back in my direction and lands on the fairway and rolls onto the ladies tee box 40m in from of me.
You owe a slab for not making it past the ladies tee then?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back