The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh man we are just getting over it x 5. Hit me so much harder than covid. The kids struggled with it big time unlike covid.

Yeah unfortunately hadn't had the flu vaccine so it's hit me pretty hard.

I dont think it's an easy debate but for me Messi is better.

Messi has more natural talent. Ronaldo is the better goal scorer as strange as it is to say, with Messi having scored 750 career goals lol.

It’s going to be a sad day when they have both retired and football supporters look back and wonder why we didn’t all just appreciate both careers.

Messi has more natural talent. Ronaldo is the better goal scorer as strange as it is to say, with Messi having scored 750 career goals lol.

It’s going to be a sad day when they have both retired and football supporters look back and wonder why we didn’t all just appreciate both careers.
I definitely appreciate both careers. They've been enormous.

I dont know if Ronnie is a better goal scorer though, he has 698 in 935 compared to Messi who has 694 in 844.

I dont really count International goals as too many poor opponents where blokes fill their boots.

Messi is stupidly gifted though, Ronaldo more of an athlete.

Ronaldo could head well past 1000 goals if he is happy to start dropping down to the likes of the Indian League, Portugese 2nd division etc as he ages.

Somehow I don't see that in him though. Surely after United he heads home to Portugal - or also home to Perf where he has plenty of family and signs for the Glory where unlike Sturridge he does't pull a muscle every 5 minutes and goes to plunder many goals in the A League.

Ronaldo could head well past 1000 goals if he is happy to start dropping down to the likes of the Indian League, Portugese 2nd division etc as he ages.

Somehow I don't see that in him though. Surely after United he heads home to Portugal - or also home to Perf where he has plenty of family and signs for the Glory where unlike Sturridge he does't pull a muscle every 5 minutes and goes to plunder many goals in the A League.

”In my mind I want to finish in the top level, I want to finish with dignity so in a good club. It doesn't mean that to go USA or Qatar or Dubai is not good but I don't see myself [going there]." Ronaldo being interviewed by Jonathan Ross when he was 30. I doubt that stance has changed.

It's kind of like the Messi/Ronaldo debate.

How many sports can you think of that there is undisputed no 1 GOAT ? Can only think of Cricket and American Football (Bradman and Brady)

Also I do believe Jordan is the GOAT of Hoops, but you can also make a case for Kareem or LeBron etc too

As for Messi v Ronaldo, Ronnie was better longeivity wise, but Messi's prime was clearly superior..

Maradona the GOAT though of football in my opinion.

It's ducked. How long did it last for you?

Came down hard with it Sunday morning and didn’t come good until last Friday, so almost 1 week, still have a cough though that I can’t shake.

The Monday and Tuesday was the worst, literally couldn’t get out of bed, was freezing my ass off, then sweating bullets, multiple naps throughout the day. I was convinced it was covid but all tests I did were negative.

So many people I know are being smashed by the flu right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Came down hard with it Sunday morning and didn’t come good until last Friday, so almost 1 week, still have a cough though that I can’t shake.

The Monday and Tuesday was the worst, literally couldn’t get out of bed, was freezing my ass off, then sweating bullets, multiple naps throughout the day. I was convinced it was covid but all tests I did were negative.

Sounds identical to me. Tuesday and Wednesday I could barely get out of bed, would go from being freezing cold to soaking through my shirt with sweat. Now it's easing off a bit but the cough is still sticking with me.

The COVID testing site near me tests for the flu as well so that picked it up.

ScoMo's final legacy.

How many sports can you think of that there is undisputed no 1 GOAT ? Can only think of Cricket and American Football (Bradman and Brady)

Also I do believe Jordan is the GOAT of Hoops, but you can also make a case for Kareem or LeBron etc too

As for Messi v Ronaldo, Ronnie was better longeivity wise, but Messi's prime was clearly superior..

Maradona the GOAT though of football in my opinion.
Slater & Serena too.

Sounds identical to me. Tuesday and Wednesday I could barely get out of bed, would go from being freezing cold to soaking through my shirt with sweat. Now it's easing off a bit but the cough is still sticking with me.

The COVID testing site near me tests for the flu as well so that picked it up.

The Omicron variant tends to cause a relatively mild dose of Covid-19 so with those symptoms it was likely you had the flu. But once you were given the information that you had the flu not Covid-19 did it change anything for you? I mean, in terms of trying to treat the disease, reduce the symptoms or having to isolate etc.

I'm just thinking back a couple of years when we didn't have testing for the flu. Does it help people with the symptoms you had to have that confirmation from the test?

It's the right thing to do but as I'm going to the the tournament it's pretty gutting from my POV. Especially with Tiger already withdrawing.
Majority of the players on the list are over the hill or nobodies so really it's not a huge thing.. YET.

Slater & Serena too.
I dont reckon Serena is a clear GOAT. She doesnt even have the most Grand Slams career wise. Court has 24 compared to Serena's 23 and Graf is right there with 22 also. So definitely a debate to be had there.

I dont know much about the NFL but the positions are so different and the game is so different it's difficult to say one player is the greatest. I mean doesnt Brady only play one side of the game. Offence? He sits on the bench when his team doesnt have the ball. Also how different is a quarterback to a running back, a wide receiver or one of those, erm really huge dudes who do blocks and stuff. What is a tight end? The game is too weird. You can definitely argue he's the GOAT quarterback but how do you compare him to someone like Jerry Rice, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Jim Brown or Emmit Smith etc...

I think clear GOAT's with no real debate is Michael Jordan, Michael Phelps, Magnus Carlsen, Usain Bolt and Muhammed Ali.

I dont reckon Serena is a clear GOAT. She doesnt even have the most Grand Slams career wise. Court has 24 compared to Serena's 23 and Graf is right there with 22 also. So definitely a debate to be had there.

I dont know much about the NFL but the positions are so different and the game is so different it's difficult to say one player is the greatest. I mean doesnt Brady only play one side of the game. Offence? He sits on the bench when his team doesnt have the ball. Also how different is a quarterback to a running back, a wide receiver or one of those, erm really huge dudes who do blocks and stuff. What is a tight end? The game is too weird. You can definitely argue he's the GOAT quarterback but how do you compare him to someone like Jerry Rice, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Jim Brown or Emmit Smith etc...

I think clear GOAT's with no real debate is Michael Jordan, Michael Phelps, Magnus Carlsen, Usain Bolt and Muhammed Ali.

?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back