The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

get outta there man
I think we probably will be in a couple of years. The housing market in Austin has gone up so much in the past 18 months it makes sense to stay here for a bit longer, but post Uvalde I pretty much decided I ain't putting my kid through school in the US.

Got married on the Saturday just gone. Was already getting bossed around so doesn't feel any different..

Went without a hitch until the photographer got COVID on the morning of so we had to find a new more expensive one...

Really liked Kenobi, another quality Star Wars series by Disney. They do these so well.

Yeah was awesome, really enjoyed it. Don't get why so many didn't like it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RPCB, UnitedWarrior93 have you got/played MK11/Ratchet & Clank/Guardians of the Galaxy?

Recommend any if so?

I’ve played R&C of those games and it’s fantastic, it shows the full power of the PS5. Highly recommended, as good as the originals.

Is the game a decent length?

About 10-15 hours, give or take 3-5 more hours if you play on the highest difficulty. So standard R&C really.

This is a really accurate website if you want to know how long a game would roughly be.

About 10-15 hours, give or take 3-5 more hours if you play on the highest difficulty. So standard R&C really.

This is a really accurate website if you want to know how long a game would roughly be.

Great, thank you sir!

Really liked Kenobi, another quality Star Wars series by Disney. They do these so well.
Yeah was awesome, really enjoyed it. Don't get why so many didn't like it.

I enjoyed it but begrudgingly at times. I just thought it felt cheap. It frustrates me that having pulled in the big name actors, Disney didn't throw more money at it to give it the production quality it deserved.

I'm also pretty over the current nostalgia fad/obsession in Hollywood and the cringe worthy way it's handled in most instances. Star Wars, Spiderman, Matrix, Jurassic World, Ghostbusters, Sex and the City, Ghostbusters, etc. The market is totally saturated, it's too much. On any given weekend you go to the cinema and it seems like half the films are sequels or reboots crammed with in your face cameos and easter eggs that often don't actually contribute to the plot or character development in any meaningful way.

I haven't seen Top Gun yet but by from what I've heard this is the only production to successfully execute the nostalgia factor without burying it under mountains of cheese.

Last edited:
Yeah Top Gun Maverick was excellent. Well balanced with new and nostalgia.

I just finished Obi Wan Kenobi and I'm mixed on it. I thought it was alright, but could have been waaaaay better. I agree that it felt cheap, like the production budget just wasnt there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back