Status
Not open for further replies.

Well no, not technically ;)
tongue.gif

embarrassed.gif

SM said:
I loved The Jungle Book.

And now we test it.

The CG is excellent, no question there, but the writing... passable.

I saw earlier about a series where the writing was terrible, but enjoyable. Works like that do exist, but you're not going to take it seriously, and unless its especially So Bad It's Good, it snot really worth another look.

I've watched four versions of the Jungle book, two of them being Disney versions. I will say it's better than the 1963 animated one, but it leaves a lot to be desired. There is a good story in the Jungle Book, but in this version, there's not really any development with Mogwli, which was a similar problem with the animated one. This one has a little more development, but still not much. The kid actor is a bit awkward, but the writing doesn't help him at all.

I'm not one to just merely be wowed by a setting or graphics, I want the complete lot, and this version leaves a lot to be desired.

It's alright, but more could've been done. (I liked Bill Murray, was much more likeable than the animated Baloo for sure.)

And now we test it.

I saw earlier about a series where the writing was terrible, but enjoyable. Works like that do exist, but you're not going to take it seriously, and unless its especially So Bad It's Good, it snot really worth another look.

I've watched four versions of the Jungle book, two of them being Disney versions. I will say it's better than the 1963 animated one, but it leaves a lot to be desired. There is a good story in the Jungle Book, but in this version, there's not really any development with Mogwli, which was a similar problem with the animated one. This one has a little more development, but still not much. The kid actor is a bit awkward, but the writing doesn't help him at all.

I'm not one to just merely be wowed by a setting or graphics, I want the complete lot, and this version leaves a lot to be desired.

It's alright, but more could've been done. (I liked Bill Murray, was much more likeable than the animated Baloo for sure.)

Nah didn't get a notification.

I don't think it's the writing that makes the kid awkward, keep in mind he's literally the only actor in the entire movie. You think Hayden Christensen had it bad in Star Wars, this kid was acting with just a green screen for the entire movie.

And now we test it.

Are you excited by the Beauty and the Beast live action? Coz I am

I loved The Jungle Book.
How about now? That should link it back nicely to the source.

He's awkward enough without the writing, but the writing does not help him at all.

It's a fair enough point, but what does the kid for the most time do? Explain things to others rather than go through any development himself. It's very lacking.
Are you excited by the Beauty and the Beast live action? Coz I am

Emma Watson as Belle, that's a really good choice there, lol.

Ho ho, it's got a lot to live up to in the origination animation (while I think the characterisation of Belle is flawed, that's not a fault of anything. The story was very well executed to Disney standards.) Haven't seen the trailers myself, but it looks like they've got a lot of the right stuff.

Many people I know have Beauty and the Beast as their all time favourite Disney film, so a lot of eyes will be on this one.

Emma Watson as Belle, that's a really good choice there, lol.

Ho ho, it's got a lot to live up to in the origination animation (while I think the characterisation of Belle is flawed, that's not a fault of anything. The story was very well executed to Disney standards.) Haven't seen the trailers myself, but it looks like they've got a lot of the right stuff.

Many people I know have Beauty and the Beast as their all time favourite Disney film, so a lot of eyes will be on this one.

I'm one of those people. Alan Menken back scoring it, Emma Watson as Belle, it's gonna be more of a musical, I can't see how it can possibly go wrong. If it does then Disney should just stop making live actions forever

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody got a fair idea how offset accounts work re: mortgage?

For arguments sake, let's say we have 50k by the time of settlement. If we want to throw 35k straight onto the mortgage, spend 10k on furniture etc, and keep 5k in the bank - does all of it become redundant as it's an offset account and goes straight to the mortgage anyway, and we just take out what we need/want?

Done a bit of a s**t job at explaining it, sorry if I am unclear. Any advice would be appreciative. Cheers fellas.

For arguments sake, let's say we have 50k by the time of settlement. If we want to throw 35k straight onto the mortgage, spend 10k on furniture etc, and keep 5k in the bank - does all of it become redundant as it's an offset account and goes straight to the mortgage anyway, and we just take out what we need/want?

Done a bit of a s**t job at explaining it, sorry if I am unclear. Any advice would be appreciative. Cheers fellas.

An offset account basically replaces your savings account. At least that's my understanding. So you'd basically have all your pay and everything going into it, and you'd just withdraw what you need. Basically means you're paying as little interest as possible.

An offset account is like a savings account of sorts, where whatever you save in that account is offset against your mortgage in this case, which means you’re only charged interest on the amount that isn’t covered. (Say you have a $500k loan and you have $100k in the offset account, you’re only charged for the interest on $400k.)

In this example, you’ve basically got it in the fact you’re taking $10k from the account to pay on furniture. $35k went direct to the mortgage, and well, $5k is still in the bank. So you're paying interesting on $10k more on that loan by those actions.

Of course, needless to say, once you commit that payment, you can't take it back. At least with the offset account, it's flexible whenever you're in need of an emergency.

The only reason why you’d want to pay off directly now is if you’ve got a variable rate and you feel that the rate is going to be higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back