Other The Off-Topic Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone have a recommendation for a laptop. By PC died today and going to buy a laptop to replace it tomorrow.
jb hi fi, acer intel chipset not amd chipset, around 750+ or so dollars, should have 1Tb hard drive, 16gb ram, 14 or 15 inch screen.... those are the specs you need to ensure.

if you have money to spend, then ask the salesperson for top of the range (2k+ cost)

I need something that can support 4k output to my TV for streaming. Dont really want to spend much. I have my ps5 that I'm also playing off tomorrow and getting a custom entertainment unit built. Hoping to spend under 1500. So I'm not broke headding into Xmas.

Just something good that will get me everything my tower did before till I have the cash to build a new pc nextyear. And don't have to time to start a new build with basics since I don't want to be without a pc for a few weeks and had been needing a new laptop for years since mine broke and my partner can't lend me hers because she needs it for everything

jb hi fi, acer intel chipset not amd chipset, around 750+ or so dollars, should have 1Tb hard drive, 16gb ram, 14 or 15 inch screen.... those are the specs you need to ensure.

if you have money to spend, then ask the salesperson for top of the range (2k+ cost)
You're a little behind the times with that recommendation. AMD has had the better mobile CPUs for about a year now

And as for recommending "1Tb hard drive", most laptops would have either a 256 or 512GB SSD these days. If you don't have external storage (either external HDDs, or a NAS) then most people find 256GB not enough

How technologically savvy are you aussiedude? If you'd be willing to add in an extra RAM stick and can cope with what sounds like might be a sub-par screen, this looks like a decent deal

although you might be without a computer for a few days given its an online store (NB: Adding extra RAM isn't a necessity, but if you were to be multi-tasking or are the sort of person to have 10s or more Chrome tabs open, then 16GB of RAM is preferable)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back