Other The Off-Topic Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Been looking into John Bois.

He did a hugely famous web series called 17776, about the future of football, a distant time where humans cannot die or get injured, theres no war, people are bored, and football has now become a communal game, where the field can span whole states and even years, etc. He did a sequel to it 20020 and 20021. Havent read it all, but have seen snippets and the gist.

But i just wanted to also post this video of someone mocking John Bois videos he does for Dorktown and Chart Party, how all his videos are the same style. Funny.

People involved in grading companies buying up tons of sealed video games 6 months before grading them became a thing, on the stock market they call that insider trading.

So many other dodgy things in the video.

Pretty much makes me doubt the whole grading of collectibles, it looks like a massive scam, buyers beware.

I can't stand US College and High School Football, watched a few games on Kayo and it's boring.

Anyone else think it's not worth your time or am i alone in this?
I like college and high school football because coaches often are very creative with offensive formations, using very old formations from bygone eras, even inventing new ones. The NFL wouldnt be without the innovations from these levels of competition. As spectacles tho, most games are lop-sided, and defense is an after-thought, a lot of programs that just cant compete. Only a handful of teams that are elite. No parity.

I like college and high school football because coaches often are very creative with offensive formations, using very old formations from bygone eras, even inventing new ones. The NFL wouldnt be without the innovations from these levels of competition. As spectacles tho, most games are lop-sided, and defense is an after-thought, a lot of programs that just cant compete. Only a handful of teams that are elite. No parity.

For sure it reminds me of the CFL where there's so many in motion and hardly any on the D line.
I suppose if i was more intune with the game it would be ok but it just reminds me of Junior Aussie Rules where there is limited structure.

The game i watched in the High Schools was Red against Dark Blue and they danced around a fair bit, with and without the ball and in the touchdown area and on the sideline. I switched it off when the Red coach walked onto the ground to talk to the players, thought it was halftime.

Boring, and very ordinary.

It is s**t boring , too lopsided talent wise like GG said, players leaving after 2 years and such so you struggle to develop a love for certain teams with the constant revolving door, and the way they do things such as the playoffs is absolute garbage.

Very hard to get enthusiastic about I find unless there is a particular player youre keen to watch.

I dont have a college team and doubt I ever will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is sh*t boring , too lopsided talent wise like GG said, players leaving after 2 years and such so you struggle to develop a love for certain teams with the constant revolving door, and the way they do things such as the playoffs is absolute garbage.

Very hard to get enthusiastic about I find unless there is a particular player youre keen to watch.

I dont have a college team and doubt I ever will.

Yeah i have noticed slight differences between High School and College, both in the game play and the support and supporters.
There also seems to be certain areas where the game is totally different in play and standard.

For me it looks like Texas is big on High School and some areas for College while Dakotas and Wyoming are less good standard High school and more College oriented. Not sure why?

Amazing homes. Guy on youtube goes around to massive expensive homes, asks what people do for a living, asks if he can walk around filming it.....obviously its pre-planned, scripted, the point is, the actual homes themselves...

A bit like this?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back