Other The Off-Topic Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I must say that the itch for the 2018/19 NFL season is starting to fare more stronger with each passing day until kick off. After NBA season finishing up and the World Cup gone by, my love for the game is starting to come back and will add a little extra spice to the sporting world. August-September is pretty cool with finals football around the corner, EPL and Champions League kicking off, spring Racing, US Open tennis and of course this means, American Football. At times I do get frustrated with the duration of games, more so the time outs, flags and video replays. I do enjoy it however even if there is a love-hate relationship with the sport. I love NFL Red Zone on ESPN where most of you are well aware they just jump from game to game with all the major plays that occur during live matches. LOVE.IT.

Pre season Starts next week and just saw the Hall of Fame game swas played yesterday which Baltimore edge past the Bears by a solitary point. Once again it's good to have a sport to talk about, as well as following games on a Monday Morning, Tuesday and Friday.

Bring it on!

I think you guys need to get out more. You're afraid of a thread on a forum.
We just have a system that works well. and leads to the forum being easier to navigate since all the news that week and the games will be talked about in the same thread rather than jumping between 10 threads.

perhaps we slightly tweak the header of this thread to: 2018/19 NFL Board General Discussion Thread. That way, GG will finally have somewhere to put all his videos of women talking about yeast infections in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alcohol consumption per person. (liters per year)

Russia: 15.1
France: 12.2
Australia: 12.2
Ireland: 11.9
Germany: 11.8
UK: 11.6
Canada: 10.2
Nigeria: 10.1
US: 9.2
Brazil: 8.7
Japan: 7.2
Italy: 6.7
China: 6.7
India: 4.3
Israel: 2.8
Turkey: 2
Indonesia: 0.6
Saudi: 0.2
I can see why France won the World Cup.

Music videos keep pushing the envelope on sexual content. Soon there'll just be literal pr0n going on with the singer rapping in the foreground.
Rammstein - Pussy. I can't link the proper version as I'd get banned for pr0n.

Greg Hardy wins another UFC fight by first-round knockout
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 8, 2018, 5:16 AM EDT
gettyimages-500354344-e1533719754654.jpg

Getty Images

Former Panthers and Cowboys defensive end Greg Hardy has won yet another UFC fight by first-round knockout.

Hardy needed just 17 seconds to knock out opponent Tebaris Gordon at the UFC’s Tuesday Night Contender Series. He has now won two UFC fights by first-round knockout, and previously won three amateur mixed martial arts fights, all by first-round knockout. He has not faced any particularly strong competition.

The UFC has faced criticism for giving Hardy a chance at all, given the domestic violence accusation that has led NFL teams to steer clear of him. But it appears that the UFC is ready to move forward with Hardy and put him in bigger fights going forward.

Hardy said after his fight that he’d love another chance in the NFL, however unlikely that is.

“If the Cowboys or the Panthers call, I’m on my way,” Hardy said.

Hardy was drafted by the Panthers in 2010 and was a Pro Bowler in 2013. He played in just one game in 2014 before being placed on the commissioner’s exempt list over a domestic violence accusation, and he missed the rest of that season. He signed a contract with the Cowboys in 2015 and started 12 games for them, but other NFL teams have shown no interest since.

It was a shocking turn of events for a 48-year-old dad who lost his hands and legs after doing something so many of us do every day: getting licked by a dog. Greg Manteufel is also bracing for more loss because his nose is about to fall off. Greg's life changed forever when he went to a neighborhood party at a park near his home in Wisconsin. Greg's doctors believe he contracted bacteria from one of the dogs that licked him.

Crazy story in Northern NM, three black dudes from Georgia abducted 11 kids and three women (who all wore Egyptian/Muslim like clothing and scarves and had the same last names) built a compound on someone else's land for a few months, and finally got arrested and taken into custody.

NO running water, no bathroom, kids starving, a huge cache of guns, rumors of cannibalism and today one of the older teenage kids said they were training a few weeks ago with assault weapons to do multiple school shootings ahead.

Wild story, starting to get national headlines.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back