Other The Off-Topic Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I liked Love and Electric. Couple of mates are big fans and we saw them at Festival Hall just a couple of years ago. Singer and guitarist still very good.

They’re touring again November along east coast.

I liked Love and Electric. Couple of mates are big fans and we saw them at Festival Hall just a couple of years ago. Singer and guitarist still very good.

They’re touring again November along east coast.
You should give their post-Electric albums a real listen then. Sonic Temple is fine, but it's still mostly utensil-rock like Electric. But from Ceremony onward, wowsers. I think I might go see them then if they're out here in November :thumbsu:

ok this is the greatest individual song ever recorded. bar none. you cannot nominate anything better. what makes it so great, the meaning is one thing, but the huge grand scope of it all as a music, all the instruments, styles, genres, all mixed into one song. its like an everlasting anthem, like "smells like teen spirit" etc, but far grander. as always, must listen to it on a loop for ages, youll never get bored and pick up more subtleties. if you dont agree you can go * yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The YouTube recommendation algorithm strikes gold

watched the first four episodes of season of the following last night.

was pretty good, keeps you wanting to watch the next episode.

its not the best show tho, a number of production, acting, scripting, etc issues that make it a bit tacky or b-grade but certainly will be continuing the journey

sorry bro A11dAtP0w3R

i started to find The Following really annoying and aggravating from about episode 6 of season 1 onwards.

really b-grade acting, script-writing, etc. it was the same thing over and over again. each episode a rinse-repeat. same exact thing happens constantly.

but i watched the whole 15 episodes of season 1, and started episode 1 of season 2 to see where they take the story....i really can't see this story lasting long, no wonder it only survived three seasons before getting canned. it's a wonder it even had a full third season, given where season 2 is going is very limited, predictable.

but i'll persevere and then move onto the other recommended shows, ozark, etc.

but if i have to grade this show, so far, it's a 2/10 for me.

sorry bro A11dAtP0w3R

i started to find The Following really annoying and aggravating from about episode 6 of season 1 onwards.

really b-grade acting, script-writing, etc. it was the same thing over and over again. each episode a rinse-repeat. same exact thing happens constantly.

but i watched the whole 15 episodes of season 1, and started episode 1 of season 2 to see where they take the story....i really can't see this story lasting long, no wonder it only survived three seasons before getting canned. it's a wonder it even had a full third season, given where season 2 is going is very limited, predictable.

but i'll persevere and then move onto the other recommended shows, ozark, etc.

but if i have to grade this show, so far, it's a 2/10 for me.

It's fine mate dont watch it if you hate it on behalf of me...move onto athe next series, see if that's more tolerable.

Who knows, I might not find it good anymore either, was a long time ago when I watched it, 6 or 7 years ago... I do find myself far less tolerable of things than I used to be nowadays.

I remember Dexter being pretty dumb with poor acting and story lines, a fair bit of the time too. Talk about dragging that out beyond its shelf life. But I was commited to the finish after putting so many hours into it.

Last edited:
no i have to ride it out and see where it goes. already halfway thru season 2.

i dont hate it, its interesting, just flawed, aggravating.

You're mental bud. If you told me about a book you enjoyed 6 years ago and I didn't enjoy the first chapter or found the author annoying I'm not finishing it. Not a chance in hell, even if it was a recommendation by a mate.

You're mental bud. If you told me about a book you enjoyed 6 years ago and I didn't enjoy the first chapter or found the author annoying I'm not finishing it. Not a chance in hell, even if it was a recommendation by a mate.
im a man of honor :moustache:
like i said too, im invested in the story still, keen to see where it goes.
dont worry, i can/will abandon a show the minute it jumps the shark or loses me.
eg...handmaidens tale, westworld. i invested and tho i found then aggravating i kept going until they broke the camels back and then i dumped them.
so far this show hasnt lost me yet. its limited, aggravating, but it hasnt broken my back yet

I've really been getting into Francesa getting trolled by talk back callers lately but this is something a lil bit different, yet even funnier, what an unprofessional jackass chewing out his staff live on air to start the show..."Ray's gotta calm down" ..."you didn't get the thing fixed? I gotta watch the thing for the thing, unbelievable".... I'm crying 😂😂

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back