Other The Off-Topic Thread

for $750 you’re probably looking for a laptop that doesn’t exist. Do some research into driving 4K video from a laptop and you’ll see what I mean.

A MacBook Pro will do it, but they start at 2 grand.

Gentech have hdmi 2.0 laptops starting at just over a grand (can’t vouch for the graphics performance though)

I've caved and going to buy a tower. I've been wanting to build a gaming pc now in most of the way there with a new tower. Just means I've spent way too much this week
Good move, there’s heaps of graphics cards that will do 4k, and you can connect directly to the card, usually via a Display Port 1.4 connection rather than the hokey way laptops do it.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
Yeah. I'm not that into pc gaming. Prefer console which is why I'm getting a ps5 nextweek. But it helps with editing videos and stuff. And can now checkout some of the xbox games I've missed since I sold by Xbox one.

Had to have a convo with the missus before I spent the money since it cost me more than I wanted. But also paid for 1-2 day shipping so hopefully ots here Friday

Amazing , off topic thread with a meaningful discussion. Mine and GGs year of s**t posting to keep this thread on life support all worth it in the end. We are saints.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
Out of curiosity, what did you get? The quality and value of pre-builts can vary significantly
I could of got it for much less if I built my self and shopped around. Kinda needed it now. I'll upgrade the memory and graphics card nextyear sometime after more research but it's a good enough starting point for now since it's going to mostly edit and convert stuff while the ps5 is my main gaming machine.

Last couple I've dont from scratch so hope it's a decent one. Didn't really habe time to research all the parts. And was kinda an impulse buy.

Hoping it gets shipped out today so I can have it by the weekend

I could of got it for much less if I built my self and shopped around. Kinda needed it now. I'll upgrade the memory and graphics card nextyear sometime after more research but it's a good enough starting point for now since it's going to mostly edit and convert stuff while the ps5 is my main gaming machine.

Last couple I've dont from scratch so hope it's a decent one. Didn't really habe time to research all the parts. And was kinda an impulse buy.

Hoping it gets shipped out today so I can have it by the weekend
Looks like a solid build for the price - nothing wrong with the GeForce RTX 2070 graphics card, it's far from entry level - firmly in the mid range for graphics cards.

If you upgrade the graphics card later you'll probably need a bigger power supply - 650W is the minimum required for the 2070

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
if you know, theres massive voting fraud getting exposed on twitter occurring, with trump saying he'll take the matter to supreme court.....

guy on tik tok who claimed to be a time traveler, during april/may, said Biden would win fraudulent election, Trump would take it to supreme court and refuse to give up the white house, but is "forcibly" removed, but Biden doesnt even last that long as President a couple months, but its all moot as by early 2021 global war starts and global economy utterly collapses

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
No there isn't.

For a conspiracy theorist, you fall for some pretty obvious misinformation

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Looking through that echo chamber of a thread, it appears you and others have posted tweets from nobodys claim one of two things:
1) More votes have been cast than there are voters in Michigan and Wisconsin
2) Democrats have "found" 1000s of votes in their favour overnight

Have you stopped to think that
1) Michigan and Wisconsin both have same-day voter registration, so any tally of the number of voters in a state will not be showing those that signed up on the day?
2) these "found" votes are mail-in and early voting ballots and that the reason they favour Democrats is because Trump has spent months urging his supporters to vote on the day while Dems were urging mail-in voting to avoid needlessly spreading SARS-CoV-2? And that the reason they are counted relatively late is because they aren't pre-processed in anyway unlike other states that are more organised?

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Looking through that echo chamber of a thread, it appears you and others have posted tweets from nobodys claim one of two things:
1) More votes have been cast than there are voters in Michigan and Wisconsin
2) Democrats have "found" 1000s of votes in their favour overnight

Have you stopped to think that
1) Michigan and Wisconsin both have same-day voter registration, so any tally of the number of voters in a state will not be showing those that signed up on the day?
2) these "found" votes are mail-in and early voting ballots and that the reason they favour Democrats is because Trump has spent months urging his supporters to vote on the day while Dems were urging mail-in voting to avoid needlessly spreading SARS-CoV-2? And that the reason they are counted relatively late is because they aren't pre-processed in anyway unlike other states that are more organised?

Back