FTA-TV The Office: US or UK?

Remove this Banner Ad

Buy and watch the UK version first. Study it. Learn it. Love it.

Then move onto the US version. Just dont pay much attention to the first episode of the US office.

US version is good

UK version is the best show evah!!

Though i often find expectations play a role in how you experience/like something.

Key would be to get the UK Office and approach it with a "whatever, it's probably s**t" attitude.

Do that and you'll totally love it!

I would recommend you eventually watching them both.

I watched the UK one first, loved it, then watched the US one, and also loved it.

This is the order I would recommend.

I have friends who watched all of the US one first, and didn't enjoy the UK one at all.

Ricky Gervais >>>>>>> Steve Carell.

I'd say Dwight Schrute and an increased imput from secondary characters make the US version superior.

:thumbsu: This.

Best way to go about it is to look at them as totally different shows.

English humour is different to american. It seems that lots of people think it makes them sound more intellectual to say the UK version is so good and the US one sucks. What you really need to do is ignore the fact that they have the same name and premise, and look at them as 2 separate shows and you will enjoy both.

What one lacks, the other one has in excess and vice versa in my mind.

I never got round to watching either of them when they were on.

ABC2 are showing the UK version on Sunday nights at the moment. I am watching it on iView and it is extremely funny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

guess im the only one who thinks the american one craps all over the uk version.

ricky gervais is just a stuttering boofhead, dont get his humour

I have watched a few of the US episodes, and I tried real hard not to be prejudiced against it seeing how much I loved the original office, but I gotta say I only found it mildly amusing. Maybe if I went back and watched the UK office again it wouldn't seem as funny now - but at the time it was must see TV and one of the funniest shows ever.

The UK Office is just hilarious. There was a scene between David Brent the new Slough office boss Neil. Listening to Brent try to explain what he has brought to the organisation just reminded me of some of my own managers!!

And seriously, how many IT Guys are like this in your office

[YOUTUBE]geZoES9KQ-Q[/YOUTUBE]

Stephen Merchant is just terrific, and he is absolutely brilliant as the agent in Extras.

[YOUTUBE]KmGaW-z2g3Y[/YOUTUBE]

if you watch the us one first it ruins the uk one

if you watch the uk one first it ruins the us one

haha fair point

Buy and watch the UK version first. Study it. Learn it. Love it.

Then move onto the US version. Just dont pay much attention to the first episode of the US office.

first episode of US is bad

but it definitely has some brilliant episodes, the longer it goes the more it develops its own style
THATS WHAT SHE SAID!!!!!!

[YOUTUBE]VNQ6nRstc8w[/YOUTUBE]

The UK is amazing, close to a perfect series of TV.

The first season of the US is trash, so keep going, get into the second season. View it as a different show, with different humour, and you will love it too.

No need to choose between the two.

I just like them both never really choose when people ask. If I had to I'd go UK just because it was more consistently good.

US version isn't even funny IMO. For me, its in the same massively overrated category as Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond and 30 Rock.

Friends is good. Not groundbreaking, but incredibly solid writing, very likable characters, it's just plain good. I avoided it like a plague for many years, thinking that it was massively overrated, but when I actually started watching it (thanks to 111 Hits) I realised that it's actually worthwhile watching.

30 Rock is clever. It's rarely laugh-out-loud sort of stuff (then again, neither is Friends), but it's well written, subtle, cynical.

Everybody Loves Raymond is a crock.

On topic, I haven't seen much of the US office, but I wasn't all that impressed. Steve Carrell just doesn't make me laugh.

guess im the only one who thinks the american one craps all over the uk version.

ricky gervais is just a stuttering boofhead, dont get his humour

some people think that about steve carrell.

IMO if you don't like carrell, you will no tlike the us version and vice versa with gervais.

I don't find carrell as funny as Gervais so its the UK version for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back