The official 2011/12 nPower Championship thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Over 1000 posts in the last thread, and only 144 were mine. :p

When you consider what's at stake, this weekends local derby between Saints and Pompey is possibly be one of the biggest in the history of the two clubs. Saints can edge closer towards automatic promotion while Pompey has the opportunity to move out of the relegation zone.

This has been a great season so far. Cmon you irons!

Big weekend all round coming up - what with about 17 teams on the same points around the playoff zone :p

Looking forward to getting to my first games in a while - Boro v Cardiff and Hull v Boro. Not entirely confident of a result in either, however. We have been pretty terrible this calendar year, save for a 4 match spell in early Feb. Hopefully we can finish the season strongly and give the play offs a crack.

When you consider what's at stake, this weekends local derby between Saints and Pompey is possibly be one of the biggest in the history of the two clubs. Saints can edge closer towards automatic promotion while Pompey has the opportunity to move out of the relegation zone.

It'll be the last one for some time that's for sure/

Looking forward to Barnsley West Ham on telly tonight, though fear we may be smacked :( Wheels have completely fallen off, have lost possibly our 3 best players (including 1 to West Ham) and since then have possibly been the worst performed side in the league :( Still u never know :thumbsu:

APRIL 6

14:00 Reading ? - ? Leeds U.
15:00 Burnley ? - ? Brighton & Hove A.
15:00 Watford ? - ? Blackpool
17:15 Barnsley ? - ? West Ham U.

COME ON LEEDS!
COME ON BARNSLEY!

And then tomorrow is Derby Day! :thumbsu:

Reading's Brian McDermott has been named Manager of the Month for a second time this season. The Player of the Month went to Gareth McClearey from Nottingham Forest. Not surprising after his four goal effort against Leeds.

Quite bizarre that the manager of the team that has led the table for most of the season hasn't won the award, especially considering his team weren't considered a promotion chance before the start of the season.

I really don't like Reading btw. Good luck Leeds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny how Mcanuff was able to get up as soon as the red card was given.

I didn't think it was that bad, ok he was off the ground but hardly touched Mcanuff in the end and I think the Reading players surrounding the ref and the crowd influenced the decision.
Reading now have this in the bag.

EDIT: Pugh just commited a worse tackle and not even a foul was given, joke so far.

Honestly, I cant see how our boys can pull off a result on your patch. Passion and endeavour will only bring you so far. Thorne has been sent back to the Baggies due to injury and it leaves the squad even more threadbare than before.

Still its a derby so there is always hope. PTID!

BTW Go Reading!! :p

Great performance from us considering the sending off and the depleted squad. Thompson's tackle was never a red. McAnuff's dive and the squealing from the Reading players influenced the decision. Pugh was probably lucky to stay on, but if I had to listen to Sky Sports bang on about Karacan's ripped sock again...

Reading are soft and showed they don't like it a little physical. Couldn't fault our commitment one bit.

Oh, and why were we wearing our away kit at home?

Great performance from us considering the sending off and the depleted squad. Thompson's tackle was never a red. McAnuff's dive and the squealing from the Reading players influenced the decision. Pugh was probably lucky to stay on, but if I had to listen to Sky Sports bang on about Karacan's ripped sock again...

Reading are soft and showed they don't like it a little physical. Couldn't fault our commitment one bit.

Oh, and why were we wearing our away kit at home?

We weren't at home mate. Thompsons red I thought was a little stiff, but Pugh was lucky to stay on.

Snodgrass really should've done better around the 80 minute mark. Open goal and ages to take his shot - straight at federici. Oh well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back