The Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

welcome to LA Robert Sacre

Can see the headlines after his game winning shot:

SACRE COEUR!

Not bad... but the headlines will be dominated by the Clippers when Furkan Aldemir comes over and domintaes. I can see the healines now:

FURKAN BRILLANT! La Lakers get Furkaned!

big winners out of today? think houston drafted very well with all their picks and the warriors got some solid pieces they needed

big winners out of today? think houston drafted very well with all their picks and the warriors got some solid pieces they needed

I think that Warriors did very well, Boston as well did a good job and the Thunder would have to be laughing their arses off that they got PJ3.

I htought the Rockets stunk it up... how many guys do you need to be able to play PF? Their has to be a deal in the works somewhere, hopefully for the Rockets. White over Zeller when they could use a centre was baffling to me.

I think that Warriors did very well, Boston as well did a good job and the Thunder would have to be laughing their arses off that they got PJ3.

I htought the Rockets stunk it up... how many guys do you need to be able to play PF? Their has to be a deal in the works somewhere, hopefully for the Rockets. White over Zeller when they could use a centre was baffling to me.
Yeah I assume they are going to be making trades with some of their picks. However still acquired a lot of talent. But Warriors certainly did very very well with the picks they had

Yeah I assume they are going to be making trades with some of their picks. However still acquired a lot of talent. But Warriors certainly did very very well with the picks they had

If they dont trade them then I think its terrible... its one think pooling talent but at some stage you have to surely loook at whats available and try to balance your team out. If they make a trade down the line I will think their draft was good... if not their draft stinks.

Also the Cavs reached for Waiters.... think it may come back and bite them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Rockets selections are just weird.

Lamb selection is obviously for the future and not too bad with Martin likely gone and Lee a free agent. Another scrawny guard though.

Jones is a value pick but White I don't get. As you said they already have Scola, Peterson, Morris and now Jones and White. All of those guys are a bit undersized at PF.

OKC is laughing all the way to the bank. PJ3 could well bust but at that pick you pick a player with that much potential. If he works out, you potentially have a steal of the draft. If he bust, no big deal as that late in the draft you will struggle getting a productive player.

GWS did well and I reckon Portland did as well.

Even though I am not a fan of the Cousins-Robinson pairing, its very nice value for pick 5. I reckon the Kings would be stoked with that. Personally I would have traded the pick for a veteran and a pick of 2 in the teens.

Looks like the Magic did an ok job getting Dwight some help inside. Nicholson and O'Brien seem to have some offensive game.

Personally, have never been a Houston fan, but reckon I'm gonna like Royce White. Looks so unique. And c'mon- an NBA player thats scared of flying? Who likes irony? :D

Yeah Rockets selections are just weird.

Lamb selection is obviously for the future and not too bad with Martin likely gone and Lee a free agent. Another scrawny guard though.

Jones is a value pick but White I don't get. As you said they already have Scola, Peterson, Morris and now Jones and White. All of those guys are a bit undersized at PF.

OKC is laughing all the way to the bank. PJ3 could well bust but at that pick you pick a player with that much potential. If he works out, you potentially have a steal of the draft. If he bust, no big deal as that late in the draft you will struggle getting a productive player.

GWS did well and I reckon Portland did as well.

Even though I am not a fan of the Cousins-Robinson pairing, its very nice value for pick 5. I reckon the Kings would be stoked with that. Personally I would have traded the pick for a veteran and a pick of 2 in the teens.

Not sure if Patton has NBA size though... :p

AHHH, just remembered we drafted Sergei Gladyr and stashed him in Europe a couple of years ago, he's basically this Jenkins guy except white.

Also liked Hollinger's comment that the Hawks must not be bringing back Willie Green because they just drafted him.

Looks like the Magic did an ok job getting Dwight some help inside. Nicholson and O'Brien seem to have some offensive game.

Personally, have never been a Houston fan, but reckon I'm gonna like Royce White. Looks so unique. And c'mon- an NBA player thats scared of flying? Who likes irony? :D

Magics did absurdly bad in my opinion. O'Quinn will be D-Leaguer as we tend to not like 2nd rounders playing and have no use for the big fella. Nicholson... Well, he will not be an inside player, he is basically a clone of Justin Harper and Ryano! We should have gotten Sullinger who is the best post player in the draft... BUT NOOO, WE HAD TO MESS THINGS UP LIKE ALWAYS! I thought Otis Smith actually left, guess he has his ghost still around haunting people like Alex Martins and the DeVos family!

Royce White seems like a player that will be the next Ron Artest, dunno why, but he jumps out as a guy who will do antics left, right and centre! However, he is a very bad fit for the Rockets as so many other 4's in their team like Patterson, Scola, Morris et al. that it is gonna mess up their rotation.

All in all a very good/interesting draft I thought.

Started with the Bobcats choosing MKG which shook everything up, pretty happy with the Cavs choice of Waiters, he seems to have some swagger to him, and him along with Irving will be very exciting. Also happy that the Cavs got Zeller in a trade... Irving, Waiters, Thompson and Zeller all possibly starting, thats a YOUNG team.

So happy Barnes fell to number 7, perfect for GSW, the final piece to their starting line up.

I think Robinson and Cousins will be a pretty beastly duo together aswell, happy he fell.

Cant wait to see these rookies playing. :D

Magics did absurdly bad in my opinion. O'Quinn will be D-Leaguer as we tend to not like 2nd rounders playing and have no use for the big fella. Nicholson... Well, he will not be an inside player, he is basically a clone of Justin Harper and Ryano! We should have gotten Sullinger who is the best post player in the draft... BUT NOOO, WE HAD TO MESS THINGS UP LIKE ALWAYS! I thought Otis Smith actually left, guess he has his ghost still around haunting people like Alex Martins and the DeVos family!

Royce White seems like a player that will be the next Ron Artest, dunno why, but he jumps out as a guy who will do antics left, right and centre! However, he is a very bad fit for the Rockets as so many other 4's in their team like Patterson, Scola, Morris et al. that it is gonna mess up their rotation.

I imagine Nicholson and O'Quinn are projects and I hope for your sake you're wrong.

As for Royce White, he has an anxiety disorder, which is a bit different to being flat-out crazy, but I understand your comparison. Hopefully he doesn't stay in Houston for long.

I imagine Nicholson and O'Quinn are projects and I hope for your sake you're wrong.

As for Royce White, he has an anxiety disorder, which is a bit different to being flat-out crazy, but I understand your comparison. Hopefully he doesn't stay in Houston for long.

I would certainly hope so that I am wrong! However, you cannot deny that the Magic organisation missed out on two gems of forwards in Perry Jones III and Jared Sullinger with the Pick #19... Those guys have potential to be good from the get-go, and we as a franchise do not need anymore project players. DeAndre Liggins, Daniel Orton, Justin Harper, Stanley Robinson were all drafted as projects, with none of them doing anything due to the s**t situation our club is in. Same s**t for Nicholson and O'Quinn, will be bench fodder for a mediocre team that we are. Our constant reliance on the old mob in Hedo, J-Rich, Jameer is getting beyond a joke. If we picked the two players I mentioned in PJIII and Sully, they would be close to starter material as we need vast production. But knowing our s**t club and the Dwight depression about to kick in, our future is in a bleak era unless we start cleaning out the house and rebuild...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back