List Mgmt. The Official 2012 Trade, Free Agency and List Management Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much luck.

With Phil Kelly being 30 games or so short, and thus missing out on Josh next year, I've seen another one we will miss out on the other day.

I discovered, Angus Brayshaw, was in-fact the son of club director Mark (32 games).

Angus was Vic Metro's MVP in the 16's this year, and has been awarded an AIS scholarship, he's in the 2014 class.

Not much luck.

With Phil Kelly being 30 games or so short, and thus missing out on Josh next year, I've seen another one we will miss out on the other day.

I discovered, Angus Brayshaw, was in-fact the son of club director Mark (32 games).

Angus was Vic Metro's MVP in the 16's this year, and has been awarded an AIS scholarship, he's in the 2014 class.

Is there potential grounds for challenging the F/S requirements.

How many years has Mark been on the board?

Why did the afl cut the rookie list from 6 to 4 what was the purpose of it? Would of loves to have had a couple more picks in this rookie draft

Didn't they just make it larger while the expansion teams pillaged the drafts? I think they're just restoring it.

The other element I'm sure is to encourage teams to look to other codes to find their players.

Didn't they just make it larger while the expansion teams pillaged the drafts? I think they're just restoring it.

The other element I'm sure is to encourage teams to look to other codes to find their players.

IF thats the case they should keep it at 6 while compensation picks are still readily available (through FA ect). It has significantly reduced the number of young guys that will get drafted this year which is sad.

Not to mention the fact that the rookie draft has been particularly successful for us.

IF thats the case they should keep it at 6 while compensation picks are still readily available (through FA ect). It has significantly reduced the number of young guys that will get drafted this year which is sad.

Not to mention the fact that the rookie draft has been particularly successful for us.

Not to put a dampener on things, but most clubs think they do well out of the rookie draft. I had a look at the rookies across the league a few months back and we're about middle of the road. From memory, Freo absolutely dominate.

Might seem harsh, but we should maybe look at delisting Max Warren. Yes he has only had one season and is very young, but he is clearly the worst player on our list. Given how few picks other clubs are going to take into the rookie draft, I'd be confident of grabbing a better player than him. He could very well be another contracted player though. And we've possibly moved on enough of those already.

Might seem harsh, but we should maybe look at delisting Max Warren. Yes he has only had one season and is very young, but he is clearly the worst player on our list. Given how few picks other clubs are going to take into the rookie draft, I'd be confident of grabbing a better player than him. He could very well be another contracted player though. And we've possibly moved on enough of those already.

Think this would only cause greater issues for next years list management. With Luke coming in as a definate one would think we may promote the best of Warren, Speight, Richardson and cut the other 2. Leaving us only 1 live pick in the draft.

Already making 3 spots available is looking hard by moving Speight and Richardson a year early. Boomer may call it a day freeing up 1 spot, Siera is make or break this year but seems most likely for the 2nd opening. But the 3rd, damn thats a tough one.

Playing for their career this year are the likes of Levi, LA, Black, Keys, Kennedy. Even Mullett has 1 year on the senior list to really push his case. With Currie coming in maybe only 1 of Daw or Mabon might see 2014.

Try looking at our list and finding 3 to go after next year, its bloody hard. Any fringe who fails will pay a high price in 2013 :(

We could just Tank.... finish last, pick up Silver with a 2nd Rounder, Take Josh Kelly with our first pick, get a soft draw, and roar back into contention the following year.

or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly thought he would be the first to go. If he signed when he got drafted I wouldn't imagine he would have been given a 2 year deal.

There are a number of younger guys who I'd prefer on our list. Warren didn't show much at VFL level this year.

Think this would only cause greater issues for next years list management. With Luke coming in as a definate one would think we may promote the best of Warren, Speight, Richardson and cut the other 2. Leaving us only 1 live pick in the draft.

Already making 3 spots available is looking hard by moving Speight and Richardson a year early. Boomer may call it a day freeing up 1 spot, Siera is make or break this year but seems most likely for the 2nd opening. But the 3rd, damn thats a tough one.

Playing for their career this year are the likes of Levi, LA, Black, Keys, Kennedy. Even Mullett has 1 year on the senior list to really push his case. With Currie coming in maybe only 1 of Daw or Mabon might see 2014.

Try looking at our list and finding 3 to go after next year, its bloody hard. Any fringe who fails will pay a high price in 2013 :(

I don't think that many players are playing for their career, and some you have mentioned are contracted beyond 2013. I think Siera would be the only one, given the abundance of half backs we have, the bar is going to be really high with McKenzie and McDonald.

I think free agency may see a couple of players might want to go for more opportunity but I don't think there will be a lot of changes next year. Guys like Kennedy and Black are going to be invaluable for us long-term even if they do not contribute a whole lot in 2013.

Forget about the best 22, you want to have a very strong 30-35 to be a premiership chance or pray nobody gets hurt or suspended.

I don't think that many players are playing for their career, and some you have mentioned are contracted beyond 2013. I think Siera would be the only one, given the abundance of half backs we have, the bar is going to be really high with McKenzie and McDonald.

I think free agency may see a couple of players might want to go for more opportunity but I don't think there will be a lot of changes next year. Guys like Kennedy and Black are going to be invaluable for us long-term even if they do not contribute a whole lot in 2013.

Forget about the best 22, you want to have a very strong 30-35 to be a premiership chance or pray nobody gets hurt or suspended.

Agreed but we must turn the list over by 3. Really struggling to find 3 to go. Was not implying all should go just that 1 or 2 of those listed will be the turnover like it or not :(

Agreed but we must turn the list over by 3. Really struggling to find 3 to go. Was not implying all should go just that 1 or 2 of those listed will be the turnover like it or not :(

Who would have predicted we would have lost McIntosh, Edwards, Campbell, Garlett and Pedersen this time last year? Changes often come out of the blue. I think Siera is probably on the short-list but we are carrying an ass load of half-back and medium defenders. I think some need to transition into the midfield, Wright probably needs to go forward. I just can't see us carrying 15 odd smaller defenders on the list out of 40 players. They definitely can't all play as defenders.

As supporters we place great hopes in the young players coming into the team and so often completely overestimate their ability. Two years ago I thought we had a great crop of young players coming through: Urquhart, Ross, Warren, Speight, Campbell and Garlett to name a few, and we had just recruited new champions such as Cam Richardson from North Ballarat. I would have found it hard to believe that they would all be gone within two years, and that when we delisted them no other club would show any interest in picking them up. They really weren't as good as I thought they were, and I suspect I am also overstimating the ability of many of our younger players this year

Urquhart, Ross, Warren, Speight, Campbell and Garlett to name a few, and we had just recruited new champions such as Cam Richardson from North Ballarat.

North have a better list than a couple of years ago. Competition for spots is a good thing and the above along with some older players traded have been pushed out.

In years gone by they would have been best 15-30.

Yeah another thing to our young players where all getting excited over is most have reached 50+ games so we now have a far greater view on there ability, and the few around the 30 game mark in harps and ats have shown huge ability already.

As supporters we place great hopes in the young players coming into the team and so often completely overestimate their ability. Two years ago I thought we had a great crop of young players coming through: Urquhart, Ross, Warren, Speight, Campbell and Garlett to name a few, and we had just recruited new champions such as Cam Richardson from North Ballarat. I would have found it hard to believe that they would all be gone within two years, and that when we delisted them no other club would show any interest in picking them up. They really weren't as good as I thought they were, and I suspect I am also overstimating the ability of many of our younger players this year

I was never sold on Urqus and didn't see what everyone else saw in him and Richardson is in the same boat. Ross had ability, he just didn't have the attitude. I liked Campbell and Garlett. Campbell was contracted and we let him go for other reasons and Garlett was offered a contract but chose to go home.

I think people go over the top with some players before they have shown much at all.

I think players that show something were as good as you thought they were, at the time. However, as time goes by people change. Some get a fat head, others slacken off or get distracted. Some have weaknesses exposed by another club and it catches on like wildfire and the player can't adjust their game enough to compensate. It doesn't mean at the point in time you thought a player was good wasn't good. He just didn't survive in the jungle for long enough.

People who take for granted the gift and opportunity they have usually get a stark reality check and once your confidence in your own ability at the highest level is questioned, it is usually a slippery slope that spirals into the abyss. Difference between an AFL player and a good AFL player is believing you are better than everyone else, if you don't believe you don't perform.

Carey had most opponents beaten before the siren sounded to start the game, as soon as he waddled into position with his head wobbling he looked into the eyes of his opponent and knew he had them beaten. Psychology plays a massive role in the game.

Carey had most opponents beaten before the siren sounded to start the game, as soon as he waddled into position with his head wobbling he looked into the eyes of his opponent and knew he had them beaten. Psychology plays a massive role in the game.

Jackovich had the same over Carey. Every game started with us trying to keep him away from Jacko, rather than beat him 1 out. The mindset saw Carey rarely win the contest.

Still plenty to prove from a few kids, but the list as a whole is the most solid ive even seen it.

Who would have predicted we would have lost McIntosh, Edwards, Campbell, Garlett and Pedersen this time last year?

Lots of people!

LOL as if we won't have at least 5 guys we'll be throwing under a bus come round 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back