List Mgmt. The OFFICIAL 2013 Trade/Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saints, Collingwood and North Melbourne are the winners of this trade period barring anymore substantialtrades.

I like everything Melbourne did except for the Vince deal but considering how likely it is a decent midfielder wants to play for Melbourne even that has to be looked at in a different light, could still prove himself.

Sydney being wildly underrated, at least in the short term. We can speculate on long term pain but the fact remains they still nabbed the best key forward and most marketable player in the league with no proven loss.

Sydney being wildly underrated, at least in the short term. We can speculate on long term pain but the fact remains they still nabbed the best key forward and most marketable player in the league with no proven loss.

I feel like Mumford leaving had some correlation to the Franklin deal. Still a massive coup and they still come out in front.

If it does go **** up, I'm sure they are comfortable in the knowledge that the AFL will concoct a rule to get them out of it as well.

It is absolutely a no lose deal for them.

Whilst Jack Ziebell trained by walking straight across Wineglass Bay.

People asked - "who does this guy think he is? Jesus?"
The more astute observers replied - "no, he's Jack Ziebell".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmmm.

Does Brisbane's off-season just get worse?

Yesterday I would have said no way can it get worse, but it just did.

Trading away a Top 10 pick for two mid-range selections.....

They are the footballing equivalent of a Black Hole.

Thats what happens when a club culture fails to engage with its young players. They all want out at the same time and the club is left with very little hand in a trading situation. Brissy on a hiding to nothing.

"Dumb ways to kill a football club"

Sack your coach when he finally has them playing well
Have no Plan B when the target replacement says no
Lose all your young guns for peanuts in Trade Eon
Pay over the odds to bring in duds to fill the gap ...

415876-dumb-ways-to-die.jpg

Shouldn't have tuned in for today, not one trade that'll mean anything to the AFL next year was done besides perhaps the Longer deal which we knew was happening.

Where are the unexpected out of nowhere deals? AFL sucks compared to other sports in this regard, grow some balls AFL clubs.

I reckon they've lost a fair bit. Mumford for little, Everitt for a small upgrade, Lamb for nothing via the PSD, Jesse White for very little.

So that's that then. Bit of a nil-all draw in the last few days, but we already won. And although Karnezis looked impressive a couple of days ago, looking more closely it's clear he is a soft, front-running, hack. And Bugg is meh. And Docherty is injury prone. And Bruce is too short. Phew, dodged a few bullets there. :p

Anyway, if we traded away our second rounder and/or third rounder, we would have nothing left except something like a pick 69 (Zondor would still be excited) as our first live pick in the draft. And rumor has it that there might be some good gets in the 30s*. I'm excited. And just seeing LMac being called out at 8 and standing onstage in the royal blue and white will make that day for me. :)

*Sauce - if I translated correctly, heard a villager on community radio in southern China suggesting Tom Boyd will slide to the 30s and Josh Kelly told every club interviewer to f#@% off because he wants to play where his dad played.

Got what we really wanted with no need for drastic measures given the balanced state of our list.

Take three picks to the draft, get some talent, and attack 2014 with gusto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back