The Official 2014 North Board Cricket Thread (All Forms)

Its 2008 all over again.

Yep, and how different could things have been if Kasprowicz had a review system to fall back on like Philander just did? C'monnnnnnn boys, two killer deliveries.

****. That was exhausting. Worth staying up for? I'll tell you when my alarm goes off in a couple of hours.

Good to see Boof getting involved right to the end too...

Great sportsmanship all round in the end. The mutual respect was obvious and hats off to Clarke for apologising to Steyn and calming things down.

I too will be up in a couple of hours. We're bloody nuts!

Great win by the Aussies but no thanks to Lyon. 5th day, plenty of rough and Lyon did a pretty good impersonation of a bull with two ****. Seriously we could have played the South African Lion as seen at the post match award ceromony and got more value instead of the Lyon we selected. :stern look

There definitely has to be better spin options than Lyon... I mean we saw some brilliant young spinners this summer.

Lyon just doesn't strike me as a match winner. Economically pretty good, but I never expect him to make a breakthrough. Economy wasn't what we needed in this match.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There definitely has to be better spin options than Lyon... I mean we saw some brilliant young spinners this summer.

Lyon just doesn't strike me as a match winner. Economically pretty good, but I never expect him to make a breakthrough. Economy wasn't what we needed in this match.
In fairness he has come on pretty well over the course of the year and has one of the best records for an offie that this country has produced. As long as there is no one else who can bowl with greater turn and guile he should get the gig because he can tie batsmen down. A better spinner than him would be world class and that is ultimately what this team needs. We just don't have one in this country at the moment.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
In fairness he has come on pretty well over the course of the year and has one of the best records for an offie that this country has produced. As long as there is no one else who can bowl with greater turn and guile he should get the gig because he can tie batsmen down. A better spinner than him would be world class and that is ultimately what this team needs. We just don't have one in this country at the moment.

This. Noone is taking the spot off him and he's done ok overall with a fluctuation from poor to good.

Liked the look of young Muirhead in the T20 would be interested if he has the game for tests.

Taking 20 Wickets > Being Economical.

If we had played Siddle instead of Lyon, who can also tie up an end, I can tell yah right now that Siddle at least would have taken a wicket for the match. :stern look

FWIW Smith looked more dangerous than Lyon.

s**t this guy looks more dangerous than our Lyon. :stern look

45346_9315991c2e150b3378669c8ddcd9789e.jpg

Cold Gin

All Australian
Oct 12, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Australia looking identical to Pakistan in that absurd 20/20 uniform. Whatever happened to the good old "canary yellow"??

Back