The Official 2014 North Board Cricket Thread (All Forms)

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the overnight score - 0 for 27 and Warner has 25 of them... Hopefully he goes on with it tomorrow morning and gets the lead up past 350 nice and quickly. If he falls early, I'd consider sending Watto in at 3 and telling him to bat like a one-dayer. He's so much better in that mode than when he's trying to pretend to be a test batsman

Love the overnight score - 0 for 27 and Warner has 25 of them... Hopefully he goes on with it tomorrow morning and gets the lead up past 350 nice and quickly. If he falls early, I'd consider sending Watto in at 3 and telling him to bat like a one-dayer. He's so much better in that mode than when he's trying to pretend to be a test batsman
Chuck Johnson in after Watto too and tell him to swing for the fences.

Other than Rogers, pretty much all our top 8 will be licking their lips with coach Lehmann's instructions "go the tonk".

3/15... wowwwwwwww.

They cannot handle Johnson and Harris has been surprisingly lethal. He could really have been something if he didnt have the back of a 90 yo granny.

Big wicket to get Amla out - need someone to do the same with de Villiers early on the last day, and Faf was a thorn in our side last time. Still, we have lots of bowlers, bowling well, so they should get this game sometime on day 5.

If they run out of time and it's a draw, twitter will explode about Doolan and Warner's inaction together before lunch on day 4... And if course if they win anyway, it will be forgotten and Doolan will be part of one of Australia's best series wins in many years. Come on Aussies, come on, come on.

I love test cricket. No Foxtel, just have the radio commentary (and occasional flip through Twitter) but it is fantastic. One ball can change everything, or nothing might happen. Test of wills, of patience, of skill, of character. Love it to bits.

Yarpie commentators talking about the Aussies throwing the ball back to Haddin deliberately bouncing it on the pitch, shouldn't be allowed apparently. Isn't that the "legitimate" method that their team uses?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not so much a commentary box as a cheer squad. Thought I could hear a bit of an argument going on in the background, hope big Tom Moody is putting an alternate view.

better not be the curse of Jacques Rudolph again.

jacques-rudolph-008.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back