• Stephen Curry vs Kyrie Irving

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Stephen Curry's legs vs Matthew "ankle breaker" Dellavedova

Votes: 33 37.1%
  • Kendrick Perkins vs David Lee

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Coach Kerr vs Coach LeBron

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Shumpert and JR Smith vs the 2019 2nd rd Draft pick the Knicks traded them for

Votes: 13 14.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

FACT - GSW 4 - Cle 2

That is the bottom line.
However good Lebron was, his team didnt win, and didnt look much of a chance over the last 3 games.
It is like giving regular season MVP to someone on a non-playoff team: it rarely happens... For a very simple reason- you did not achieve the one single goal for which you play basketball. (and lebron said as much).

And although Lebron the player had an incredible series (theres no doubting that) Lebron the GM clearly didnt. (make no mistake he's the one making the decisions in Cleveland and it all started with his "return" letter that didnt include wiggins)
I really don't think the Cavs have done much wrong management wise at all. Trading Wiggins could hurt them in the future, but if they get just one title from this current core they would be happy. Of course if Love bails it looks one sided.

But picking up Smith, Shumpert, Marion, Mozgov etc were good moves. It's not managements fault that Love and Irving both went down with unforeseen injuries. Thrust them into far bigger roles and none of those guys are suitable as second and third options.

And although Lebron the player had an incredible series (theres no doubting that) Lebron the GM clearly didnt. (make no mistake he's the one making the decisions in Cleveland and it all started with his "return" letter that didnt include wiggins)

OPINION.

Congrats to the Warriors. Best team all season and deserving champions.

I'm so proud of my team though. They showed so much heart during the Finals and the fact we even won 2 games was a surprise to basically everyone. Take your second and third best player out of any team and see how hard it is. If we had a fit Irving and Love we may have won this series. The series was over as soon as Irving went down in game 2. Even though we won game 3 I was still pretty confident the Warriors would take the series.

Our bench just didn't pull through this series. It's something we need to improve on to take the next step and hopefully make the Finals again next year. We basically only had two contributors off the bench all series in Jones and JR, the rest did basically nothing or weren't even given game time. That was the major differences between the two teams with Golden State pretty much full strength and we definitely were not.

The LeBron haters are out in force today which is hardly a surprise. What he did this series was phenomenal. He had to have numbers like he did each game to give any sort of hope of Cleveland winning 4 games. His numbers were staggering. Amazing, amazing basketball player.

Hopefully back bigger and better next season. #ALLinCLE #CavsNation
Good post, that's the right attitude:thumbsu:

I really don't think the Cavs have done much wrong management wise at all. Trading Wiggins could hurt them in the future, but if they get just one title from this current core they would be happy. Of course if Love bails it looks one sided.

But picking up Smith, Shumpert, Marion, Mozgov etc were good moves. It's not managements fault that Love and Irving both went down with unforeseen injuries. Thrust them into far bigger roles and none of those guys are suitable as second and third options.

Mozgov, Shumpert and Smith were good signings - i agree... But they were signed out of neccesity become the team had no depth.

Marion, Miller, Jones and Perkins were not good signings... They were guys signed on reputation and not current ability.

And i didnt like the message sent by trading Wiggins and Bennett out for Love.

No...for lack of no better options if nothing else. Thibs would be good for Cavs, just wouldn't work with Le Bron.

Deserves another year. Not like a first year coach was ever going to win it all...

steve_kerr_golden_state.jpg

Yes, I understand that's the rules that the judging panel works off. It's interesting to note that on the NBA website they have a poll asking who should have been the MVP and LeBron has the most votes. What's even more interesting is Curry polled more votes than Iggy on the poll so the public's interpretation of what classes someone as a final MVP is completely different to what the judges interpretation is.
That just proves that there are a lot of LBJ fanbois out there is all. Me personally, I would have given it to Steph. Best player on the best team. He had a very solid series.

2 outta 6 aint great for old LBJ. He should get back again next season as the East is gash.

GSW wont be going away you wouldnt think. SAS have had a year off so will probably win next season. Healthy Durant. West is gonna be balls deep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cavs were always up against it, they battled manfully and Lebron was incredible; his status grows.

Congratulations to the Warriors, they honestly ripped through this season in one of the more dominant start-to-finish jobs we've seen recently.

Cavs were always up against it, they battled manfully and Lebron was incredible; his status grows.

Congratulations to the Warriors, they honestly ripped through this season in one of the more dominant start-to-finish jobs we've seen recently.
Read somewhere that only the Bulls 72-10 and another Jordan led Bulls team, not sure which one had an overall better record in regular season and playoffs over a full season.

kobe and shaq didnt play with an additional superstar in the lakers title wins.

Sure they did!

bavetta-dick-06881045.jpg

The Waiters + assorted crap for Shumpert, J.R. AND a first round pick was the deal of the season, hands down.

The Knicks and OKC should be embarrassed to have been a part of it.

Read somewhere that only the Bulls 72-10 and another Jordan led Bulls team, not sure which one had an overall better record in regular season and playoffs over a full season.

Most wins in a season/playoffs
Bulls 95-96
Bulls 96-97
Warriors 14-15

Great company to be in, but helped by there being more playoff games these days.

Most wins in a season/playoffs
Bulls 95-96
Bulls 96-97
Warriors 14-15

Great company to be in, but helped by there being more playoff games these days.
I often forget about the 96-97 Bulls because they get overshadowed by the 72-10 version from the year previous. But they were 68-10 with 4 games left in the season. They somehow went 1-3 in the final four games of the season to miss back to back 70 win seasons. Ended 69-13.

Crazy.

There has been plenty of ridiculous posts today, but this might be the winner. Relatively easy. Give yourself a spell

I'm probably narrowing it down to elite players, they will all put up big numbers if they are the fulcrum of the side. If LBJ was shooting at 50% I'd have a different opinion on his series.

I'm probably narrowing it down to elite players, they will all put up big numbers if they are the fulcrum of the side. If LBJ was shooting at 50% I'd have a different opinion on his series.
Yeah his shooting % for the series was awful.

FG% .397
3PT% .309

That's ugly. He was huge and had to shoot a high volume but thats still pretty ugly.

Last edited:
It's relatively easy to put up crazy numbers when you're the main man like Westbrook was when Durant was injured and James was when Love and Kyrie were out. We've seen this before in basketball. The main thing is to use the ball well when in possession and James didn't do that particularly well.

This I still can't believe people get so caught up in points scored and triple doubles etc while ignoring FG% and turnovers. I think most of them just haven't played ball themselves. It's not hard to hog the ball and put up big numbers, we've all done it before, but it doesn't win games.

Remember when Melo and Amare were injured for the Knicks, and Jeremy Lin was hogging and putting up like 30+ and double doubles every night, and people were losing their minds thinking he was the next big star, "Linsanity" etc. Then it all fell apart when Melo and Amare returned because now he couldn't just chuck non stop and actually had to distribute and make his teammates better whilst being efficient. The first things any good BBall coach will teach is that great players make their teammates better and are efficient.

Last game people were getting caught up in Lebrons 40 points, yet Curry made 37 in 11 LESS SHOTS. Think about that. Points are irrelevant without mentioning the FG%. In this game Curry made 7 less points (25 vs 32) in 14 less shots, when you combine that with his 6 turnovers, that's 20 extra scoring opportunity's given to GWS. That is huge.

Picked Golden State as my NBA team in 1991 because Run TMC were just awesome, and they had the same colours as West Coast.

I also happened to travel through San Fran with my family as a kid in 1992 and got a Warriors cap to mark the occasion.

24 years is a long time to wait for a championship, but boy it was worth it! What an epic season!

Another true fan...

I picked them back in the day when Kerr first started Coaching... Bogut was coming off a great season, Hawks had just won the flag. Twas a long time ago I know... Feels good man to finally get the chocolates.

Back