Universal Love "Never Toumpas Apart" - Jimmy, I like your hustle, thats why it was so hard to cut you

Remove this Banner Ad

Brothers, I have got nothing against the Toump (other than the fact that he goes to water when the pressure is on - and an impact player he aint). Nevertheless, I want 2016 to be a celebration of the great man.

178847_eccdaa908a4dbb3c48f931b62ff24eb8.jpg

If you have any news re the Toump; if you strongly identify with the Toump; if you want to celebrate his meteoric career; if you have an inflatable Jimmy the Toump Doll; if you've had a Toump of a day, please use this thread to broadcast your thoughts to the cosmos

In its own way, this thread is a counterpart of the Shrine to Jesse Hogan. Make it your own.

Blessed be the Toump!

I just had a Toump of a time going for a lunch time run with it urinating down around the Brisbane River ... you can place any kind of inflection on that as you see fit.

Last edited:

Usually like your work Biffinator but this thread is in poor taste.
Maybe, maybe not.

There have been few Melbourne players traded to other clubs that have come good - Stephan M an example (and I would argue he was clearly good and shouldn't have been traded or even considered as a trade but for git Neeld).

This doesn't have to be a joke thread. I for one would like to hear any updates about a traded player.

Now I look like I'm sucking up to Biff. I'm not - I'm capable of this but only for cash.

Well, let's see how we go. Infallible I ain't. The Toump is a nice guy. Nevertheless, I want his acquisition to blow up in the face of all those smug West Horshamite flogs.

Eh. Personally I'm in the 'let him turn out to be a gun' camp. Super nice kid, hard trainer, great multicultural ambassador, and through no fault of his own was drafted early and copped the vitriol of the MFC 'faithful'.

Could not stand watching him run around in ******* circles. Getting late to where he had to be following a pack once its already broken up n disapeared.
I wont miss the screaming at the TV
Toumpas you useless campaigner
Wtf toumpas
Get rid of the ball toumpas.
I for 1 am so glad he doesnt play for us anymore drove me insane. If he wasnt up for it why give him a game never seen someone look so lost on the field. But saying all that i hope he goes alright at port

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never hated anyone more in my entire life. I had huge wraps on Ollie Wines, and seeing some turd from South Australia with a ridiculous gold chain around his neck stand in his place on draft day made me sick to my stomach.

I willed Toumpas to fail. I stood at the MCG and yelled as loud as I could: "Why aren't you Wines you soft campaigner". I know it wasn't his fault but I didn't care. I applauded every fumble and laughed at every clanger. There were many.

... but in the end he turned into my favourite player. I realised the Toump encapsulated everything that I loved about the Melbourne Football club: hope, effort, promise, abject failure... and despair. I cried when he left.

Good luck Toump. I hope you smash us when we meet.

Last edited:
I've never hated anyone more in my entire life. I had huge wraps on Ollie Wines, and seeing some turd from South Australia with a ridiculous gold chain around his neck stand in his place on draft day made me sick to my stomach.

I willed Toumpas to fail. I stood at the MCG and yelled as loud as I could: "Why aren't you Wines you soft campaigner". I know it wasn't his fault but I didn't care. I applauded every fumble and laughed at every clanger. There were many.

... but in the end he turned into my favourite player. I realised the Toump encapsulated everything that I loved about the Melbourne Football club: hope, effort, promise, failure... and despair. I cried when he left.

Good luck Toump. I hope you smash us when we meet.
This is some pretty twisted s**t. I like it.

The best thing about Toump leaving is no longer having to put up with Sandy Roberts' weird over-pronunciation of his name, which I assume is what your user refers to. After about the tenth "ToumpAss" I was ready to put my foot through the tv.

He had his moments in a Dees jumper. Then again so did Gysberts. But I hope he does well. I'll be willing to put up with Port fans insisting they de-Melbourned him if it means he can have a lasting AFL career.

This is some pretty twisted s**t. I like it.

The best thing about Toump leaving is no longer having to put up with Sandy Roberts' weird over-pronunciation of his name, which I assume is what your user refers to. After about the tenth "ToumpAss" I was ready to put my foot through the tv.

He had his moments in a Dees jumper. Then again so did Gysberts. But I hope he does well. I'll be willing to put up with Port fans insisting they de-Melbourned him if it means he can have a lasting AFL career.

Funnily enough, I actually seem to remember more Gysberts highlights and good games. That said, I wish much better for Toump as Gys ended up being a lazy, gutless no hoper; or that was my impression of him at least. Toump seems like a good kid who tries hard, but lacks confidence.

(Cue Dr Whoooo quoting this post to tell me what a great guy Jordie the Gys is and fragmentation of the club at board level was responsible for him not turning out. If only we'd sent him more positive vibes!)

Funnily enough, I actually seem to remember more Gysberts highlights and good games. That said, I wish much better for Toump as Gys ended up being a lazy, gutless no hoper; or that was my impression of him at least. Toump seems like a good kid who tries hard, but lacks confidence.

(Cue Dr Whoooo quoting this post to tell me what a great guy Jordie the Gys is and fragmentation of the club at board level was responsible for him not turning out. If only we'd sent him more positive vibes!)

I have chatted to Gys 1-on-1. He seemed genuinely keen to improve the club and I agreed with all the same stuff as him.

Legend says we used pick4 in the 2012 national draft to get this guy.
Better

At least we can try blaming it on crazy ass Neeldy picking Toumpas when we try to explain to Ollie why he should forgive us and come to the MFC.
Wasn't the rumour that Neeld deliberately overruled the recruiting staff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back