List Mgmt. The Official 2017 "Worth a Look" Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

"Our very own Tarryn Thomas (North Launceston) v Thor "The Hammer" Boscott (Lauderdale)"

TSL Grand Final

Saturday 23 September 2017 – UTAS Stadium

3:30pm North Launceston v Lauderdale/Launceston

LAUDERDALE has created TSL history by winning through to its first grand final against North Launceston at UTAS Stadium, but there is a nervous wait for the Bombers with two players on report (Both got off).

The men in black and red survived an early scare from Launceston, the team that finished fifth and won its way through to today’s preliminary final at Blundstone Arena by ending the seasons of Glenorchy (fourth) and Clarence (second).

The Blues got away faster than a North Korean rocket, leading 19-0 after five minutes while the Bombers failed to launch.

Leading 33-15 at quarter-time — thanks to two goals each to Joe Boyce and Connor Smith — Launceston looked poised to do it for the third week on the trot; travel south and beat another Southern hope.

That’s when it was "hammer time" for Lauderdale, and mighty Thor Boscott moved from the forward line to onball and got the party started.

His tackle and physical pressure sparked the Bombers into action and onballers Nat Franklin, Phil Bellchambers, Dylan Fyfe, Robbie McManus, Rhys Sutton and a battered Bryce Walsh set about their match-winning work.

It's not Hawthorn we are dealing with.

On EVA-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app[/QUOT

no view, leave it up to the footy department, think he would be a good pick up for us as don't think he'd cost the world, yet he's a player that can win a game off his own boot. Daresay would be a fair degree of transparency on where he's had between brad and chris.

If Stringer wanted to come to North and embrace us, and we were happy to let Todd get a fresh start.

We have to acknowledge in a trade we don't have a necessity to trade Todd, yet the Dogs need to get Stringer out as things have been said that make it untenable for him to stay, so

Todd and our 2017 3rd rounder for Stringer and the Dogs 2018 2nd rounder

or

Todd and our 2017 3rd rounder for Stringer and the Dogs 2018 1st rounder and we pay Todd's 2018 salary or part of

I think the Dogs would be very reasonable to deal with. I personally wouldn't put Todd on the table for Stringer. Way I see it, Dogs want him out and think they would be accommodating on Jakes wishes of where he wants to go. Cash wise, we don't have an issue, offer him decent coin for a couple years so he knows there's no certainties, work hard and sort himself out or its the end in a nutshell. I like targeting these "turn around" type players, ie/ buy low, without really costing anything in terms of trades or draft picks. As for Kelly, only want as a free agent now or unless he specifically wanted to come to North the way Danger did to Geelong and it wasn't a matter selling the farm to acquire.

I dunno if it's been mentioned yet but Jake Stringer will be live in the Trade Radio studio from 11am today as they kick off trade eon.
I must of misread it (typical....I'm a serial skimmer). I thought he was just a player in discussion by them.

I must of misread it (typical....I'm a serial skimmer). I thought he was just a player in discussion by them.

Nup, not Hutchy's style. Launch off for Trade Radio for 2017 so he gets the highest profile trade target on to open up about what's occurred and what he wants to happen going forward.

Nup, not Hutchy's style. Launch off for Trade Radio for 2017 so he gets the highest profile trade target on to open up about what's occurred and what he wants to happen going forward.
Ah thats right they did that sit around on a stool which had Hibberd and someone else. So he is probably announcing his attentions then.

Oh yeh and thats right....this is more Hutchy the Hutt's style....sending someone out on the plank....more so if theyre wearing royal blue and white.

sarlacc.jpg

Ah thats right they did that sit around on a stool which had Hibberd and someone else. So he is probably announcing his attentions then.

I imagine Hutchy had a whiteboard with names listed in priority order a month ago, much like recruiting, and he's been ruling them out as they re-sign.

Next up - Stringer.

If you can just get your mind together
then come across to me
We'll hold hands an' then we'll watch the sun rise
from the bottom of the sea
But first

Are You Experienced?
Ah! Have you ever been experienced?
Well, I have
You knows nothing John Snow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a thread about this? Should be....
We missed on Kelly and Martin, so the clear next best is Stringer. Mates with Taylor Garner, so get him on board. We should be offering this guy a slice of coin enough to get him on board. At his age, we offer a long term contract, and bang, we have our gun recruit. If we miss on all the guys we went for, we show the league we are not a destination club, but if we offer Stringer overs, and snag him, we then become a club worth coming to.
What we offer...NFI. Not pick 4....

Is there a thread about this? Should be....
We missed on Kelly and Martin, so the clear next best is Stringer. Mates with Taylor Garner, so get him on board. We should be offering this guy a slice of coin enough to get him on board. At his age, we offer a long term contract, and bang, we have our gun recruit. If we miss on all the guys we went for, we show the league we are not a destination club, but if we offer Stringer overs, and snag him, we then become a club worth coming to.
What we offer...NFI. Not pick 4....
We had a thread. Then it got wound into the worth a look thread, and is also being discussed in the trade thread. Well covered anyway.

But what do we give for him ..:rolleyes:

I hate these standalone threads. They go for hundreds of pages but when have they ever resulted in us getting said player?
-Josh Caddy to North
-Dustin Martin to North
-Josh Kelly to North
-and now Jake Stringer to North

Seriously the "______ to North" title threads are the kiss of death and are embarrassing. Just post it in the general trade and FA thread. Delete.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back