List Mgmt. The Official 2017 "Worth a Look" Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess I was curious as to whether people think Rohan is done. Was always going to be a boom or bust type player. Glad we took Cunners.

Fasolo doesn't interest me. Rather have Jy and Rat

Who else is a genuine A-grader who is available? Smith?

If we are looking at outside class does anyone think Rohan might have some upside? Has had some wretched run with inury

Sorry HongKongRoo, I called for permanent bans if anyone mentioned that name.

Mods can you please implement.

I've decided I'm all for Stringer. Risk sure but so be it.

Give our second and Mullett.*

People crap on that he's got "issues", sure he has.

Well our "AA" ruckman also has "issues" last two seasons and equally been mostly shithouse considering expectations - so why back our own and it's ok, yet can't excuse it elsewhere?

I'm all for it and i reckon we can get it done cheaply.

*DEFINITE no for any first pick or quality player.

Last edited:

I've decided I'm all for Stringer. Risk sure but so be it.

Give our second and Mullett.*

People crap on that he's got "issues", sure he has.

Well our hunchback bfg ruckman also has had "issues" last two seasons and equally been mostly shithouse considering expectations - so why back our own and it's ok, yet can't excuse it elsewhere?

I'm all for it and i reckon we can get it done cheaply.

*DEFINITE no for any first or quality player.

It's one thing backing in your own contracted player with personal issues. It's another matter bringing in a player, at cost, with alleged behavioural issues.

I'm not totally against him, but we'd need to sure that he's committed. He's been absolutely lousy the past two seasons.

I guess I was curious as to whether people think Rohan is done. Was always going to be a boom or bust type player. Glad we took Cunners.

Fasolo doesn't interest me. Rather have Jy and Rat

Who else is a genuine A-grader who is available? Smith?
Rohan just is inconsistent and it would be frustrating to get such a player. He is like Motlop, only I would prefer Motlop if someone put a gun to my head and I was forced to chose one.

Smith is a C+ grader IMO.

It's one thing backing in your own contracted player with personal issues. It's another matter bringing in a player, at cost, with alleged behavioural issues.

I'm not totally against him, but we'd need to sure that he's committed. He's been absolutely lousy the past two seasons.
Well rumour is we are meeting and I'm sure North will do their due diligence.

Listening to stringer the other day it did sound like a guy who was shocked about the decision to trade him and I did detect a genuine remorse in his voice. It wasn't arrogance. Perhaps this is the exact wake up call he needed.
I would back Scotts and staff to get him right and get the best of him. This has been proven with other players who were at cross roads.

Last edited:
You never know what gets thrown up around trade time but as it stands I'm happy to head to the draft.
Unless we can be absolutely certain that someone like Stringer will work his utmost, I'm also happy to go with the draft. If the option is to pick up a few journeymen and maybe to move to mid table, I'd rather back our development of our kids. They'll get more game time, and we'll get a better idea of who'll make it. In the worst case, we'll end up with better draft picks for next year.

Well rumour is we are meeting and I'm sure North will do there due diligence.

We are definitely meeting him. I heard today earlier but know for a fact it is in the coming days otherwise.

Meh to much of a risk and then we are stuck with him and his contract if things don't go right.

There is no guarantee he will sort himself out on and off the field. I mean for the Bulldogs to put him up for trade,who not long ago was in their best few players wow.

Just my gut feel on things and either way i hope for his sake he gets back on track.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry HongKongRoo, I called for permanent bans if anyone mentioned that name.

Mods can you please implement.

We'll be right onto this over a latte and English fry up breakfast once Chaddy Food Court reopens. Big bans take big meals Harro.

Re Stringer, if our own investigation into why he's being offered up for trade reveals there's nothing too dramatic and unfixable, and if he hence states his desire to move to our club and we feel capable of satisfying the Dogs with our second and a player (who we too feel is expendable), I'm all for going after him also.

The vision of watching him burn off our midfield is etched into my brain forever, and he's young enough to play a big role in our revival.

Do it Euge!

Listening to stringer the other day it did sound like a guy who was shocked about the decision to trade him and I did detect a genuine remorse in his voice. It wasn't arrogance. Perhaps this is the exact wake up call he needed.
I would back Scotts and staff to get him right and get the best of him. This has been proven with other players who were at cross roads.

Who would have had Marley 12 months ago to the day?

....crickets

Of course we would. And if he's committed and most importantly wants to play at North then you attempt to trade for him.

However, Footscray haven't just sacked him for the fun of it. There has to be reasons that need to be addressed.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

The innuendo on Stringer has a different whiff to Goldtstein. Just read back through the threads.

Caveat emptor.

Yeah I know it is apparently drug related and so on.

Sure it is a risk but I think this could be a reality check for him.

Our 90s team wasn't full of choir boys (Ie; Carey, Pike to start with), I am not prepared to write off a young (very talented) guy just because he doesn't attend mass every Sunday and enjoys a good time.

Given one club is supporting the player and the other has been kicked to the curb, I suspect the issues are different.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Of course the issues are different, I never said they were the same.

But in both cases they have "issues" and played way below best form in recent seasons.

If both got on top of their own problems and ensure not disruptive etc, we'd be a much better team with them in it and fit and firing.

Yeah I know it is apparently drug related and so on.

Sure it is a risk but I think this could be a reality check for him.

Our 90s team wasn't full of choir boys (Ie; Carey, Pike to start with), I am not prepared to write off a young (very talented) guy just because he doesn't attend mass every Sunday and enjoys a good time.

Fair enough. I'm no spruiker but I'd back the club to do a reasonable risk / return review on any player that may arrive with potentially destabilising issues.

That said I don't know Jake Stringer nor have any inside knowledge or evidence that he is good or bad for a group apart from what the media and forums present.

Fair enough. I'm no spruiker but I'd back the club to do a reasonable risk / return review on any player that may arrive with potentially destabilising issues.

That said I don't know Jake Stringer nor have any inside knowledge or evidence that he is good or bad for a group apart from what the media and forums present.

Absolutely. If we thought he was too damaged we could end up with another Colin Sylvia.

He's young enough to turn things around, be different if he was late 20s or something, wouldn't even bother trying.

Just feel people are a bit quick to write him off just because of his issues with the Dogs - there could be lots of info both ways we don't know about (or not)

I might also add that Marley Williams was meant to be a problem child for the Pies - hence was going to be delisted despite his talent, as it's well known that he and Buckley didn't get along.

He's been fantastic since crossing over, with no question about his work ethic, behavior or commitment.

Hence these types of player/club issues are usually not 'black or white' and I'm sure no one here regrets bringing Marley in. (on the cheap)

Just sayin'

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back