List Mgmt. The Official 2017 "Worth a Look" Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Whilst following the Bees news/posting cant help but see this blokes name pop up again and again, add to that if he was on our list possibly he would be looked at for a start?

from what i hear he came over from tassie a le BBB to get some exposure, at worst wouldnt be a waste of a rookie spot?
at 22 years old he could possibly mirror gibbos feat of a late bloomer, possibly fit in well with BBB and hibberd also from the apple isle.

what are peoples thoughts?

I like him but i think he would struggle at AFL level. He lacks pace, not good overhead and not a great kick. He knows how to find the ball but so can Gibson and Swallow :cool:

His type are a dying breed in the afl. He is a contested player with below average kicking skills. I like watching him play at VFL level because he is an absolute bull but I fear he would be crucified in the afl with his kicking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be an upgrade on Dumont.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lol Dumont absolutely carves it up at that level.

He might have had a poor month or so, but his performances up until that point had been excellent. It's seriously incredible how quickly some have turned to crucifying him.

Was honestly surprised we didn't rookie him this year, he absolutely blew everyone away in the VFL last year for consistency and being in the bests.

Have heard theres a few major question marks over him though.

"He's slow" and "his disposal isn't up to scratch" are the exact same criticisms that I remember being thrown about regarding Michael Barlow not long before he was taken by Freo and quickly stamped himself as one of the better midfielders in the competition (before the horrendous injury).

These criticisms may be spot on, but at the moment he is outperforming many other prospective AFL players at the second highest level in the nation. Get him into an AFL system and let's see if his kicking improves and he picks up half a yard in pace when training like a professional, with professionals and around professionals with the utmost dedication. Maybe he follows the trajectory of Barlow and takes his game to another level. Maybe he flunks.

Should he flunk, then it's only a rookie or low draft pick that we've 'wasted'. I'm sure he wouldn't be less of a chance of cutting it at AFL level than some of the rookies and lower draft picks who we have selected in the past decade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back