Meet Up The Official 2021 Meet Up Thread: Round 7 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I've been to a hell of a lot of away games in Adelaide and I have to say the Port fans are a lot more reasonable. I've only ever been harassed twice at a game, both times were crows matches.
Exactly my exprience. Crows fans hate Geelong supporters for obvious reasons, but having said that I copped it from prior to Danger's exodus.

They seem to carry the state's disdain for Victorians like a badge of honour, whilst Power fans are more insular and just regurgitate "37 flags"

Exactly my exprience. Crows fans hate Geelong supporters for obvious reasons, but having said that I copped it from prior to Danger's exodus.

They seem to carry the state's disdain for Victorians like a badge of honour, whilst Power fans are more insular and just regurgitate "37 flags"

:roflv1: :roflv1: :roflv1: :roflv1: :roflv1: :roflv1: :roflv1: :roflv1: :roflv1: :roflv1: :roflv1:

I'm not sure. 2018 was the last time I went to a Crows game. They booed the hell out of him any time he got near the ball and jeered every time he made a clanger.

Tbf we did the same to Colbert. (I booed him maybe the first match v north then got bored of it and didnt).. and read he said the booing actually spurred him on.

So idk maybe it helps, maybe it does not

Would that be like Geelong counting their VFL flags too??

Like that would be par?
To be fair to Port, the old Magpies of the SANFL were a mighty football side. From memory they defeated other VFL and WAFL sides in exhibition matches more often than they lost. It's little wonder why its supporter base tries to claim those flags.

The difference between Geelong counting its VFL flags and Port claiming their SANFL flags is that the AFL is just an expanded VFL. It's been one continuous competition since 1897. Ergo, Port claiming SANFL flags is akin to Geelong claiming VFA flags.

Tbf we did the same to Colbert. (I booed him maybe the first match v north then got bored of it and didnt).. and read he said the booing actually spurred him on.

So idk maybe it helps, maybe it does not
I remember Danger's first game for the Cats against the Crows in Adelaide. He didn't play great and actually looked a bit frazzled. He's since had a few decent games against them, but he's never really torn them a new one. I doubt that Danger would care too much about being booed, but who knows...

Yeah I think port seem to play nice a bit more maybe because they're hoping I won't bring up 07. Also, Port fans have seen the pits of dark despair recently, they've been humbled and are just naturally less arrogant than crows fans who've seen their side wax and wane but never be truly bad until last year.

I remember Danger's first game for the Cats against the Crows in Adelaide. He didn't play great and actually looked a bit frazzled. He's since had a few decent games against them, but he's never really torn them a new one. I doubt that Danger would care too much about being booed, but who knows...

He is a bit of a choker tbh, lets face it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm glad I didn't go and watch that shitshow live.

CatToTheFuture that wouldn't have been much fun!
Wife found me on the doorstep around 1am. I woke up in bed alone shoes on vomit all over the floor. She would say its the 20 beers that made me throw up everywhere. I would argue it was having to watch Josh Jenkins in the flesh. Crows fans were unusually decent about it. I think they're still pinching themselves that they got to offload him

Wife found me on the doorstep around 1am. I woke up in bed alone shoes on vomit all over the floor. She would say its the 20 beers that made me throw up everywhere. I would argue it was having to watch Josh Jenkins in the flesh. Crows fans were unusually decent about it. I think they're still pinching themselves that they got to offload him
Where'd you get on the turps after the match?

Lol I cant even remember the last time I vomited due to alcohol...

IIRC was 2006 perhaps
I'm tame these days but I remember (barely) after coming home one night in 2011 from a work Xmas show after downing a disgusting quantity of d'Arenberg Dead Arm Shiraz. I went to bed and felt a violent compulsion to chuck about a minute later.

The just remember the sensation came on so abruptly. I launched myself over the (ex) missus to try and get to the en suite but epically failed. Instead, I kicked her in the guts, hit the deck and then power-chucked all over the bathroom door.

To say I was in the dog house after that incident would be to put it mildly. I vaguely remember trying to clean it and she told me to "go lie down, you're making it worse." She described it the next day as like a scene out of a Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back