Oppo Camp The official 2023 Carlton FC deathriding thread

Should we have a death riding thread even though we don't have one of their picks.

• Yes

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Yes, they're campaigners

Votes: 19 95.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

After all the crap from their posters during the Gibbs fiasco I have to be honest and admit that I did get some joy from watching them choke against Melbourne and Collingwood.

My reaction to Carlton missing the finals after being in the 8 all season.

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

After all the crap from their posters during the Gibbs fiasco I have to be honest and admit that I did get some joy from watching them choke against Melbourne and Collingwood.

My reaction to Carlton missing the finals after being in the 8 all season.

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF
Did you enjoy Sydney losing the GF too after the Tippett/Dawson trades and their fans being unbearable.

Did you enjoy Sydney losing the GF too after the Tippett/Dawson trades and their fans being unbearable.

No because the situations were different.

After the Gibbs deal fell through we had 12 months of Carlton supporters incessantly posting on our board about it whereas after the Tippett and Dawson deals were done it was all done and dusted.

Last edited:
It just seems natural for Carlton to be a constant failure.

They think they're a powerhouse club, but haven't done anything for a long time. Long may it continue.

Is Patrick Cripps the first ever Brownlow medalist to never have played in a single finals match at the time of winning the award?

Is Patrick Cripps the first ever Brownlow medalist to never have played in a single finals match at the time of winning the award?
Colin Watson (1925)
Allan Hopkins (1930)
Haydn Bunton Sr (1931, 1932, 1935)
Wilfred Smallhorn (1933)
Dick Reynolds (1934, 1937, 1938)
Denis Ryan (1936)

Someone else can check post ww2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually kinda feel sorry and laugh at the at the same time ... imho they have a great list ... premiership quality in terms of talent ... stars all over the ground ... excellent recruiting ... probably cooking the books...

To miss out on the finals and go up on flames in the last 5 minutes of the season.... that's cruel.

I know Libba was definitely another so I am guessing there most probably were others.

At the time I remember Libba had only having played about 15 games prior to 1990 and his win came across as a big shock at the time.

Colin Watson (1925)
Allan Hopkins (1930)
Haydn Bunton Sr (1931, 1932, 1935)
Wilfred Smallhorn (1933)
Dick Reynolds (1934, 1937, 1938)
Denis Ryan (1936)

Someone else can check post ww2.

I know Libba was definitely another so I am guessing there most probably were others.

At the time I remember Libba had only having played about 15 games prior to 1990 and his win came across as a big shock at the time.
Does Cotchin count? He was awarded his 2012 award in 2016 (Richmond had played 3 finals by this point), but he hadn't played in one in 2012.

I'm on a permanent vigil for both Carlton and Essendon. campaigners from top to bottom. They can get in the bin together.

If I've had a s**t day, watching Carlton s**t their pants and miss out on the finals brings an instant smile to my face.

Can't wait to watch the Essendon clownfiesta next year with Brad Scott at the wheel of the clown cart.

So who wants Liam Stocker???

Just SOS

At least Libba only played a handful games at that point compared to 150 odd from Patrick Cripps. Walks around on the field like he has won it all, yet he plays for Carlton.

At least Libba only played a handful games at that point compared to 150 odd from Patrick Cripps. Walks around on the field like he has won it all, yet he plays for Carlton.

I have to be honest and admit that I rate Cripps as a player.

He's a definitely a massive improvement over the likes of Marc Murphy. I actually consider Marc Murphy to be close to the most overrated players I have ever seen in 30+ years of watching the AFL.

It's definitely not a coincidence that Carlton were absolute ratshit in the mid 2010s when Murphy was running around as their number 1 midfielder, an absolute soft as butter stat padder who imposed little to no impact on the game.

Last edited:
Back