Live Event The Official 2023 NBA Playoffs Thread presented by Google Pixel (including the Play-Ins)

Who will win the 2022-23 NBA Championship?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Steve Waugh is a piece of 💩

I don't want any Celtic to ever be compared to that asswipe.

You support a bum tinpot franchise that will never, ever make the conference finals in our lifetime, but by all means, getting your Jollies off over far more successful and ambitious teams failing in the play-offs, is the only joy you will experience as a an NBA fan, speaks volumes for the poverty franchise/fandom you support :)

I am certain the new expansion Seattle and Vegas (or Vancouver) teams will make the CF's before the Pitiful Pelicans
Ah yes.... the old 'your club sucks" response

Ah yes.... the old 'your club sucks" response

It's true though.

In my lifetime following NBA (1992) Pelicans have been a bottom 3 most embarrassing/useless franchise of all time, along with the Washington Bullets/Wizards and ironically the Charlotte Bobcats/Hornets.

Those 3 teams I personally will etch in stone will never win an NBA Championship in our lifetime

À

It's true though.

In my lifetime following NBA (1992) Pelicans have been a bottom 3 most embarrassing/useless franchise of all time, along with the Washington Bullets/Wizards and ironically the Charlotte Bobcats/Hornets.

Those 3 teams I personally will etch in stone will never win an NBA Championship in our lifetime

À
Who cares who a random poster on a forum supports though?

What does that have to do with anything that happened?

The Cs talked a big game, credit to them they got it to game 7 and copped a rolled ankle to their best player, but you lose after talking s**t then you take your lumps.

But the Bulls suck so sure

Who cares who a random poster on a forum supports though?

What does that have to do with anything that happened?

The Cs talked a big game, credit to them they got it to game 7 and copped a rolled ankle to their best player, but you lose after talking s**t then you take your lumps.

But the Bulls suck so sure

Marcus Smart should be applauded for at least backing up his words with his actions, was probably our 3rd best player in the series after Tatum and White.

Dare say he has won more playoff games in his career than the Pelicans/Old Hornets in their entire history. I actually do feel better when you put it like that Stewie :)

It's true though.

À
I wonder why Boston gets trolled so often after a loss...

Sure has me stumped

Tall Poppy Syndrome is my guess:).
Nah those people would hate the Lakers, an actual successful team in somewhat recent history. Heck maybe even the Warriors, the Celtics aren't the juggernaut you seem to think they are. 1 title in near the last 40 years.

It is the elitist attitude from so many that rub a lot the wrong way... Not pointing any fingers or anything.

Say what you want about the guy, but at least he closed the deal.

You support a bum tinpot franchise that will never, ever make the conference finals in our lifetime,

You'll have to remind me of the last time a Pels team talked trash off or on the court. Self-doubt is our problem, not bravado.

I've also never pretended to support a different team because I was 'embarrassed' the team I supported was having a down year.

So you know, there's that.

but by all means, getting your Jollies off over far more successful and ambitious teams failing in the play-offs, is the only joy you will experience as a an NBA fan, speaks volumes for the poverty franchise/fandom you support :)

You really are the melting man.

I am certain the new expansion Seattle and Vegas (or Vancouver) teams will make the CF's before the Pitiful Pelicans

Didn't you predict that Pendlebury was finished and should retire like three years ago? #Teague2020 also rings a bell.

I'm certain your predictions are one part wishful thinking, and one part childish chest-thumping.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's true though.

À

Heard the same thing about the Warriors several years back.

"Don't let us take one", they said.

Imagine having that level of bravado, only to lay an absolute egg in Game 7.

Steve Waugh they ain't.
Jaylen Brown was quoted after Game 7 saying “Don’t let us win Game 8”.

You support a bum tinpot franchise that will never, ever make the conference finals in our lifetime, but by all means, getting your Jollies off over far more successful and ambitious teams failing in the play-offs, is the only joy you will experience as a an NBA fan, speaks volumes for the poverty franchise/fandom you support :)

You’re 43 you say?

A question for you.

What would be worse? A Brown super max or 6 more years of Harry McKay?

He's grown on me. Used to hate him, now enjoy his pod.

I used to like him and then it seemed he couldn't handle not mentioning Tatum or comparing team x to whatever Boston was doing on every NBA pod so stopped listening. Ill still listen when he has a good non NBA guest.

Did you say you were 43 years old? Oh boy. 🫠

So do the Celtics break up Tatum and Brown ?
Kinda hard for them to so i doubt it, a few things to consider

1. Brown is on an expiring deal so if they were to deal him they would get a lot less in return because the team trading for him would be risking him leaving in a year

2. The extension, they can't extend him to a super max to sign and trade under the current rules so that rules that out.

3. Lastly and the most likely outcome. They extend him to the super max and have Tatum and Brown locked in to like over 100 mil a year going forward which will have a huge impact on the roster under the new CBA.

I feel that option number 3 is by far the most likely but is an interesting watch.

Back