The official Adelaide Crows BF board "NFL chat thread to help US supporters through the wee hours"

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you need some RB help. I don't hate on Kenyan Drake but the Phins offensive line is about as robust as the closing stages of a jengo game. Also Miami figure to be down a lot this year so they will abandon the run early. But Mack and Jacobs will get their touches. Maybe move Mack to RB2 and flex a benched WR?

hmmm, yes... what the * does this mean?

Is this team any good? Should i be cutting any of these guys and picking up someone else?

You did alright, I would have preferred a better RB but at your draft postion (I'm guessing 9-10) you would still have missed out on the elite RBs. Least you get Elite WR's. Agreed with Brasher weak at RB2. Mack the better option even now he's Luckless.
Drop your worst WR (Wilson) or cripple biatch Reed and pick up the next best RB on waivers. Make sure they are listed as a FA, you don't want to use a waiver spot. When the season starts be ready to grab emerging RB's, that's your biggest weakness. Drake is terrible, Jacobs a rookie hopefully he'll come on, I don't think he's lacking in opportunity.

I would have held out longer on my QB position personally and grabbed another RB but what's done is done, Watson should still finish top 5 so there's that.
Similarly with DEF I prefer to hold out but least you got a good one.

Baker Baker touchdown maker

Also Nick Chubb at running back is what you need ;)

I don’t play fantasy at all but those are my suggestions :)

Took all of 2 hours for this thread to return to normal operation as a Browns thread.:think:

You did alright, I would have preferred a better RB but at your draft postion (I'm guessing 9-10) you would still have missed out on the elite RBs. Least you get Elite WR's. Agreed with Brasher weak at RB2. Mack the better option even now he's Luckless.
Drop your worst WR (Wilson) or cripple biatch Reed and pick up the next best RB on waivers. Make sure they are listed as a FA, you don't want to use a waiver spot. When the season starts be ready to grab emerging RB's, that's your biggest weakness. Drake is terrible, Jacobs a rookie hopefully he'll come on, I don't think he's lacking in opportunity.

I would have held out longer on my QB position personally and grabbed another RB but what's done is done, Watson should still finish top 5 so there's that.
Similarly with DEF I prefer to hold out but least you got a good one.

Okay, so
- thanks for the 'did alright', it was my first time
- i indeed had the 9th pick, snaked
- i've already cut Wilson, i have an empty spot but can't work out how to bring someone in
- yeah i wanted a good QB and got two of them, so i'm happy in my limited knowledge

okay so look for a Free Agent RB? i'll look now

Took all of 2 hours for this thread to return to normal operation as a Browns thread.:think:

Naaaw it’s all good mate

I just couldn’t help myself :)

I am actually glad everyone is feeling free to use it

Also let’s face it, as a Browns fan my ride to the top may be over by 4pm eastern Sunday lol

Okay, so
- thanks for the 'did alright', it was my first time
- i indeed had the 9th pick, snaked
- i've already cut Wilson, i have an empty spot but can't work out how to bring someone in
- yeah i wanted a good QB and got two of them, so i'm happy in my limited knowledge

okay so look for a Free Agent RB? i'll look now

I just wouldn't have built my team that way, but I was in a similar draft range and had the same issues.
The consensus tends to be hit the RBs and WRs hard early then fill your other spots down the track. QB depth is decent this year so you can hold out long. Personally if I went early on a QB I wouldn't get another or only get one with my 3rd to last pick (DEF and Kicker my last 2 picks). TE is absolute crap shoot outside of the top few so tough to know when to pull the trigger on one this year.

There is always a few of players each year who go undrafted (in almost every league) that breakout. Hopefully you can snag an RB who does this. Try an understand the circumstances around their breakout, is the main player injured and coming back soon? Or is it a permanent role change etc.

This is coming from someone who doesn't watch NFL and has been terrible at fantasy for a few years, so take it with a fist full of salt... If it has taught me anything it's that it's completely different to AFL fantasy. An elite AFL fantasy player might have an off year and only be an A grader or B grader (still average 90 etc), same situation in NFL they may not even be getting games at all. I think one of my errors is relying too much on prior year info, it changes a lot more in NFL.

Good luck

28 new players this season on the Cardinals' 53 man roster.

Is that common for teams in their situation?

The NFL list turnover in general seems extreme to me as a newbie coming from AFL

Extremely common....the Browns have about 4 guys from 2 years ago.

The thinking goes, new GM and new coach wouldn't be there unless the current players mostly stink (thus losing record that got previous regime sacked) So they all want to put "their guys" on the roster.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Extremely common....the Browns have about 4 guys from 2 years ago.

The thinking goes, new GM and new coach wouldn't be there unless the current players mostly stink (thus losing record that got previous regime sacked) So they all want to put "their guys" on the roster.
Same GM overseeing it all!

Been visiting the odd NFL fan forum and it seems like Steve Keim is rated as highly by Cards' fans as Brett Burton is by us

Same GM overseeing it all!

Been visiting the odd NFL fan forum and it seems like Steve Keim is rated as highly by Cards' fans as Brett Burton is by us

He has a new coach, my guess is ownership gave new coach more authority

Coach wants his guys

I don’t follow Arizona at all but my guess is the GM is now the office gopher in lieu of being sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back