The official Adelaide Crows BF board "NFL chat thread to help US supporters through the wee hours"

Hey AmericanCrow how about my Titans ey? Bloody Smashing!

At least the steelers got spanked too

You are right, the Indians won yesterday.

Didn’t see anything else you seem to be mentioning. ;)

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
I think we all agree, great to see the Packers win.
I really Dislike Aaron Rodgers there something so arrogant about him, that he doesn't care if his team wins or loses as long as he has good stats.
His arm talent is unreal but he's wasted most of it because he was always at odd with the coach. Should have way more than 1 superbowl win

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I really Dislike Aaron Rodgers there something so arrogant about him, that he doesn't care if his team wins or loses as long as he has good stats.
His arm talent is unreal but he's wasted most of it because he was always at odd with the coach. Should have way more than 1 superbowl win

I'm no expert, i only listen to the odd podcast, from what they say the issue is more about the franchise not spending $$ on free agents they need, something they addressed this year.

But can see why Rodgers would be a polarising figure.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
FSM, what the * is up with ESPN?

How in the hell do i look at my draft team on a desktop computer?

Step-by-step instructions are welcomed

birdflu

Senior List
Jul 2, 2016
montreal, quebec, canada
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Orioles, Ravens, CBJ, NYK
I'm no expert, i only listen to the odd podcast, from what they say the issue is more about the franchise not spending $$ on free agents they need, something they addressed this year.

But can see why Rodgers would be a polarising figure.
This is a good story that breaks down the issues that led to McCarthy's departure (tl;dr: Rodgers is a difficult person to work with, but some blame has to fall to McCarthy and the front office as well).

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Okay, the first round is over. I scored 157.4 - Tyreek "Who?" Hill got injured for just 4.1, but i can bring in DeSean "Sorry Miss" Jackson, who sat on my bench collecting 35.4 (!!!)

I beat my opponent who got 130.9

Now i have to work out how to replace players.

skittlebrew

Premiership Player
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Okay, the first round is over. I scored 157.4 - Tyreek "Who?" Hill got injured for just 4.1, but i can bring in DeSean "Sorry Miss" Jackson, who sat on my bench collecting 35.4 (!!!)

I beat my opponent who got 130.9

Now i have to work out how to replace players.

That is a very good score, well done.
Tyreek was the no1 ranked WR last season, do NOT drop him. Don't trade him to anyone else either.

Now review your bench players and look at which players are available to add on the waiver wire. You don't want be knee jerk but review your players scores, mainly those drafted in the later rounds. The score isn't the be all and end all but also check the opportunity they have been given i.e. how many rushing attempts or targets/receptions. Furthermore the level of opponent can influence how well that score (a lot moreso than AFL fantasy). If there is a player your are keen on who you think others will be too then you may need to use a waiver to pick up the player. Ideally you can pick them up as a free agent, but there is no way to know so best to use a waiver you are really keen on.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
That is a very good score, well done.
Tyreek was the no1 ranked WR last season, do NOT drop him. Don't trade him to anyone else either.

Now review your bench players and look at which players are available to add on the waiver wire. You don't want be knee jerk but review your players scores, mainly those drafted in the later rounds. The score isn't the be all and end all but also check the opportunity they have been given i.e. how many rushing attempts or targets/receptions. Furthermore the level of opponent can influence how well that score (a lot moreso than AFL fantasy). If there is a player your are keen on who you think others will be too then you may need to use a waiver to pick up the player. Ideally you can pick them up as a free agent, but there is no way to know so best to use a waiver you are really keen on.

Thank you

I have no idea what the * a waiver* is, or how to replace the dude i accidently dropped last week. Will keep trying to work it out though.

*is it like a second draft? and when does it take place? and what the * is free agency here?

skittlebrew

Premiership Player
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thank you

I have no idea what the fu** a waiver* is, or how to replace the dude i accidently dropped last week. Will keep trying to work it out though.

*is it like a second draft? and when does it take place? and what the fu** is free agency here?

Yeah in some respects kinda like a mini draft for all the players left who are not on someones team. Now that all the games have been played for the week all the players currently not on someones team will be under the waivers system. You waiver number at first is based on your draft position, last pick of the draft gets the first waiver (iirc), pick 1 being good, pick 10 being bad. After you have used a waiver you will go to the back of the waiver queue. There is no limit to the number of waivers you can use and you can use multiple waivers in one week. Set up the waiver for your most desired player in order from first to last.

In real terms everyone puts waivers on the players they want, if 2 people want the same player, the higher waiver person gets the player. At which point he returns to the back of the waiver order. You won't know if someone has put a waiver on someone yet, you might be the only person, hence wasting a waiver position, some people will risk it. Players who are dropped by teams also go on waivers for a day or two so everyone has a chance at them.

After typically a day or so (depending on your league settings) players un-drafted via waivers will go onto free agency. That means you do not need to use a waiver to trade the player into your team and you can trade the player in without affecting your waiver position. If there is a player you want but you also want to protect your waiver position then wait until the FA period opens and pick them up then.

Whether or not you want to use a waiver depends on your waiver position and how badly you want/need the player. In my opinion, as a wildly unsuccessful NFL fantasy player, I feel fine using a waiver at the beginning of the year when the is players breaking out, some of these could go on to be week to week starters for you. As time goes by there tends to be less chance someone breaks out, but there is always a few. I remember one year Devonta Freeman was undrafted in well over 80% + of leagues one year and went on to be the top RB for that year iirc.

The waiver system allows everyone chance at drafting a player otherwise people could just add the player mid game when they're breaking out.

TLDR
- its a minidraft each week for players not on a team

skittlebrew

Premiership Player
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have 4 of the top 11 scoring RB's this week with Bell, Carson, Henry and Ekeler.
Wasn't happy picking up Henry but my thoughts have changed now...
Stocked Ekeler came on, got plenty of touches too so doesn't look like a one hit wonder. Biggest value in my draft so far, highest scoring RB this week but Ofc I had him on the bench...

Time to cash one in for a WR or TE me thinks.

I have 4 of the top 11 scoring RB's this week with Bell, Carson, Henry and Ekeler.
Wasn't happy picking up Henry but my thoughts have changed now...
Stocked Ekeler came on, got plenty of touches too so doesn't look like a one hit wonder. Biggest value in my draft so far, highest scoring RB this week but Ofc I had him on the bench...

Time to cash one in for a WR or TE me thinks.
Cash on Ekeler before Gordon comes to his senses

skittlebrew

Premiership Player
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Cash on Ekeler before Gordon comes to his senses

I probably should but I thought he was still intent on a trade? EVERYONE knows he isn't worth whatever he's asking.

I made this same mistake years back. In my first draft Carlos Hyde went off his **** when he was at the 49ers, round 1, 30 points. Then proceeded to barely make 30 points TOTAL for the rest of the season.

Why is it called football?
Like rugby, you could originally only score with a kick. Placing the ball over the line gave you a 'try' at scoring.

Interestingly, is football (soccer) the only code of football where you can score a goal with your head?

Like rugby, you could originally only score with a kick. Placing the ball over the line gave you a 'try' at scoring.

Interestingly, is football (soccer) the only code of football where you can score a goal with your head?

Not exactly true....could always score a touchdown as far as I am aware. My understanding is that besides being able to score with a kick as you referenced it also had something to do with the fact you could score said touchdown by using your feet to carry the ball across the goal line.

In early versions of the game....throwing the ball was illegal. Thus, likely why it was not called throwball. ;)

Not exactly true....could always score a touchdown as far as I am aware. My understanding is that besides being able to score with a kick as you referenced it also had something to do with the fact you could score said touchdown by using your feet to carry the ball across the goal line.

In early versions of the game....throwing the ball was illegal. Thus, likely why it was not called throwball. ;)
I actually made that all up regarding grid iron. I know it's true for rugby. :)

Thanks for the facts

I actually made that all up regarding grid iron. I know it's true for rugby. :)

Thanks for the facts

Facts is a bit of a stretch...not sure anyone has definitively pinned down the origins of the name to a certainty

E3AC6E85-3B59-4ADA-ACBA-7FC21300DD49.jpeg

88BC4FAC-F711-4E78-B9FA-7846B390FA66.png

Back