AE The Official AE16 Launch and Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

AE16 UPDATE / NO SHOWS:
The DROP ZONE ELIMINATION comp will not discriminate against the weekly NO SHOW on the first occasion but ELIMINATION will however occur on the second NO SHOW from the same survivor regardless of his CR score.
Love the consultation with the person in charge of the comp.
thanks Adolf.

thanks Adolf.

I like it and hate no shows who actually beat people etc that do tip due to a few flukes along the way.

If you don't tip you should be exempt of winning anything regardless what team wins in relation to the away games rule as upset weeks happen and why should a now show ever progress over people that actually do tip?

The flip side is posters that go awol and throw in the towel when early in the season gifting others bye week wins to advance into ND finals etc when other divisions are more competitive and harder to qualify for finals from.

It is a fine line but i like the stance Woodson has taken.

I like it and hate no shows who actually beat people etc that do tip due to a few flukes along the way.

If you don't tip you should be exempt of winning anything regardless what team wins in relation to the away games rule as upset weeks happen and why should a now show ever progress over people that actually do tip?

The flip side is posters that go awol and throw in the towel when early in the season gifting others bye week wins to advance into ND finals etc when other divisions are more competitive and harder to qualify for finals from.

It is a fine line but i like the stance Woodson has taken.

I just think that no show should be auto out of DZE. But why would anyone listen to me for?

I just think that no show should be auto out of DZE. But why would anyone listen to me for?
Agreed. All the no-show default score should help do is keep people in the CR ladder standings. But comps like 3XKO and DZE should be eliminated should they be eliminated. ND their default score can still be used to ensure no divisions have a "bye" game every week against those no-shows.

I thought about it in the shower so a nice shower thought for everyone.

What's the point of DZE?
To reward consistency.

If someone is unable to tip in a week are they inconsistent?
Life happens, s**t happens. Someone can still be consistent if we remove an outlier.

Is it fair to give a reprieve to someone that misses a week?
I guess so but ...

If someone has a bad tipping week and someone doesn't tip doesn't that mean they both did poorly?
Well of course

So why are they both being treated different?
I don't know.

So how about people with a bad week get a life to keep them in the competition?
This competition is just getting too complicated. Let's just KISS (Keep it simple stupid).

I like Woodson's idea and I do think it has merit however I can't see it working. Would suck to get eliminated because someone else didn't tip and I can't say that's fair if you follow the rules of the comp and lose out to someone that doesn't.

Welcome to the Official NFL Season LAUNCH for the BF Armchair Endzone 2016 comp.

AE16_Mugwrap_zpsyfmhihb4.jpg

This is an Australian based NFL tipping competition like no other, which will be entering into it's TENTH consecutive campaign which is subscription driven, online accessible, diverse and quite the OPEN BOOK challenge second to none!! A nationwide founded group of members with some residing abroad have embraced the AE over the years knowing that the integrity is sound and secure.

AE16 can be followed on Facebook & twitter along with this thread on bigfooty plus the AE16Clubhouse.com site will be updated each 24-48 hours during the season along with the Official AE Tipping site where all your competitions selections are submitted to be ready a week prior to season kick-off.

THE AE15CLUBHOUSE.com website is ONLINE. www.ae15clubhouse.com >> will be updated to ae16clubhouse.com shortly.
AS A ONCE OFF - AE TENTH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL

Instead of trophies distribution which not only is very costly but be just another ornament in the future that just sits on the mantle piece to collect dust and can get lost in transition… instead:
I'll arranging to off up to FORTY FREE* COFFEE CERAMIC MUG for each member who signs up in 2016.

Accolades will be included as well including your best achievement in comps, a growing list of the CR Champions and the defending champions list. However that can also be changed to other useful detail.
Have gotten the all-clear from the printers, Vistaprint, for the NFL - teams logos to be included.
*The Australia Wide shipping cost will be $7.99 however. BEST IN BEST DRESSED.

AEmugs_zps35oz4ntp.jpg

*********************************************************************************

THE AE only focuses on the NFL Regular season which starts in the second week of September (Friday 9th, 10.30am AEST) and concludes early January 2017.

Facebook : AE16Clubhouse (community page)
Follow the AE16 on twitter : @ae16clubhouse
Email: ae16clubhouse@gmail.com

Competition Criteria

Six Separate Competitions within the ONE affordable subscription cost of $40

100% of the $40 subscription make up 100% of the PRIZE POOLS as per usual.

1. Confidence Rating NFL Tipping
2. 3XKO
3. NEXT DUEL
4. Drop Zone Elimination
5. HOT STREAK
6. High Roller Sweepstakes

CONFIDENCE RATING / H2H NFL Tipping: Regular Season

The Main Prize Money comp. Each week the AE16 member shall deem to select his/her selections via the official AE website (coming soon- August), the winner of each NFL regular scheduled season game with a confidence rating of 16 (most confident) to 1 (least confident). Total score from each of the CR values from the winning teams selected will determine the AE member's weekly points output. In the event of TIED games (after OT), NO CR points will be credited.

KICK-OFF 'scheduled' TIME for each game is the deadline for submitting your selection for most regular season games but there are times when games which have a time change due to late season re-scheduling or a natural disaster occurring, then the deadline will be the new allocated timeslot.
THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL will be regular feature on this seasons' schedule which means FRIDAY MORNING for Australian fans.

For the fourth time in Online AE history (but not limited to AE history) a ROOKIE claimed the spoils joining
Ac83 (2012)
Clash Hendrix (2009)
Sven (2008)

as the rookies to have claimed the AE title however, nobbyiscool , also replicated the AE Crown Double to be the second in as many seasons to achieve such a stunning double triumph succeeding superfreak from 2014.

Final%20CR%20Leaderboard%20Standings_zps00tesue0.jpg

NIC_AE15CRchamp_zps0v39zihs.jpg

A second consecutive season dramatic finish to the CR as NOBBYISCOOL stuck his neck out for the Vikings who had only tasted victory @ Lambeau Field just once in the last ten seasons. Return veteran, Broken was poised to hold off the challenges as 66% of the AE consensus backed in the firm favourite Packers their fifth consecutive NFC North Divisional title.

SNF17B_CR_zpscg0xptlw.jpg

FINAL SCORE: GREEN BAY 13 MINNESOTA 20.

NO SHOWS / DEFAULT PICKS:

As per last season, the AE Tipping website will be PRE-SET to ROAD TEAMS as a DEFAULT for everyone with the 1 to 16 CR value running in numerical order sequence: 1 for TNF up to 16 or whatever the highest CR value on that given week is, for MNF. (Yes, I know Week 1 has two MNF games… the last game played will be 16CR FYI)

This Pre-set concept means if you forget/ overlook to submit your weekly picks, you'll already KNOW you have the ROAD TEAMS as a default with the3XKO teams from the last games of the week being the SNF, MNF and another late Sunday game (if applicable to your 3XKO survival status).

Stipulations to be included by August 1st in a follow up post on this thread.

3XKO (pronounced Three Strikes Knockout or 3KO)

3XKO_HOF15_zpsmpd4rkkq.jpg

Managed by BGT2110.

This next competition is a Knockout format. A three chances contest where you start with selecting THREE teams who you expect to WIN in Week 1.
To qualify for the following week, you must have correctly predicted at least one winner of these three teams. Elimination of the 3XKO contest comes in a process of THREE STRIKES against your name. A X strike counts against your name each time you lose a chance which includes a tied result.

Default 3XKO picks for your weekly selections submitted, if overlooked, shall be the last three games of the week being notably MNF, SNF and the most western located venue game of the late Sunday games.

NOTE: NO restrictions on taking same winning team in back to back weeks due to default of road team employed this season.

Note: If there is an abundant of 3XKO survivors (8+) in December, sanctions such as TWO or THREE TEAMS to be selected to fast track the culling process. Week 16 will amount to a play-off OR showdown depending on the participants remaining.

CongratsStarlin_ae15_3XKO_champ_zpstaqcg3w4.jpg

Last season's 3XKO was a BRADBURY Special with rookie
Starlin Castro clinching the 3XKO title after needing his beloved Bears to pull off an improbable come from behind road win on MNF (vs Chargers) in Week 9 as his default pick and two Upset results in Week TEN knocking out a dozen contenders.
Of the nine seasons, SIX have required a 3XKO Showdown.

NEXT DUEL

ND%20HOF_white_15_zpstutewmoc.jpg

This competition is purely correlated
with the Confidence Rating comp. Your total weekly score is in combat with a scheduled direct opponent in a head to head match up each week for the first ELEVEN weeks. TIED scores between opposing opponents will remain as a TIED result during the regular season. However during the ND Play-Offs, the following TIE BREAKER criteria will determine the result:

1. Most correct winning teams selected
2. Highest CR countback
3. Previous week higher score
4. Previous week higher CR countback

DIVISIONAL SET UP: 84 (same as 2013 & 15 play-off format)
2 conferences @ 42
7 div @ 6 teams
Div Rivals to play each other once (5) over 11 weeks.
Plus Six conference opponents = 6 games No Inter conference match ups.

AE16 CONFERENCE & DIVISIONS honory listing to be determined by a veteran AE member.

AE15 Play-off breakdown sample as per 2013 & 2016 prototypes.

Week 12
Each Conf : 7 Div winners + 3 Best WildCards Records = Bye

Extended Wildcard Qualification Round
Next 10 Records play-off for 6 wildcard spots each Conference
Determined by Highest Scorers amongst those SIX
in Week 12 ( refer to wildcard tie-breaker below)

ND WC Tie Breaker
1. Win-Loss-Tie (percentage) record <Overall>
2. Head to head (if applicable)
3. Win-Loss-Tie record (percentage) <Division>(if applicable)
4. Win-Loss-Tie record (percentage) <Conference>
5. W-L-T record vs common opponents (if applicable)
6. Strength of Victory (total wins of opponents beaten)
7. CR Countback (week 12)
8. CR points (Total up to Week 11)
9. Countback of Weekly Scores starting Week Ten

Week 13
16 Play-Off Competitors x 2 Conferences = 32 Competitors / That's 38% of the field.
Ranked 1-16 (based on W-L record) from both Conferences
Higher Ranked vs Lower Ranked within their own Conference
ie: 1st vs 16th / 2nd vs 15th / 3th vs 14th / 4th vs 13th ect ect
First Round Qualification / Knockout Round = 16 Competitors to progress

Week 14
Conference Qualification / Semi Finals Round
16 Competitors overall with Eight Match Ups per each Conference
Higher Ranked vs Lower Ranked within their own Conference

Week 15 PRELIMINARY CONFERENCE PLAY-OFF
Eight Remain for two Preliminary CC Play-Off match ups per conference
Highest Seeded vs Lowest Seeded within their own Conference
Four To progress for Guaranteed Prize Monies

Week 16 CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP
Conference Championship Finals
The Final Four overall for for each Conference Title Championship / Equal Prize Monies awarded
to each of the CC finalist regardless of result. Two will progress for more Prize Monies.

Week 17
ND Super Bowl VIII
2015 ND FINALISTS SELECTIONS BILLBOARD :

NDSBVIII_Finalscores_zpsjpwo0kay.jpg

NIC_DoubleCrownChampion_zpspkadtcw9.jpg

DROP ZONE ELIMINATION Managed / Concept by Balmainforever aka the resident Honey Badger.

Correlated with weekly CR selections.

As the name implies, the Bottom SIX weekly scorers eliminated until the final RIPCORD Final which comprises of the DZE SUPER SIX finalists.
RipcordBowlV_finale_zpsqfhm1rfi.jpg

HIGH ROLLER SWEEPSTAKES Managed / Concept by Woodson.

Correlated with weekly CR selections.

As the name implies, the Weekly Highest CR Score qualifies for the Week 17 Raffle Romp where the highest CR scorer clinches the Prize.

HRS15_RaffleRomp_zpsegasp5mj.jpg

HOT STREAK
Managed / Concept by Broken
As stand alone comp in it's sophomore season where the aim is to selectively pick consecutive winner/s without a TIE or LOSS breaking the sequence. The inaugural season saw a TIE between rookie American Crow from Ohio and Long time veteran, Naked Dead Guy, sharing the spoils with 18 winners apiece in a knife edge finish.

HotStreakUpdate_zpshjbkpsri.jpg

Some of AE's members are Facebook contacts with me personally so for current alternative email contact : ae15clubhouse@gmail.com

ROOKIES MOST WELCOME

Payment accepted by method of Paypal, bank deposit (same details as last year for both)
AE credits (some have won $$ and not collected) and Cash transfer.

Please PM me for further questions / queries.

REGISTRATIONS CLOSE AUGUST 26th 2015.

Woodson
AE Commish
ae16clubhouse@gmail.com

IN.
email you after work

What's the point of DZE?
To reward consistency.

If someone is unable to tip in a week are they inconsistent?
Life happens, s**t happens. Someone can still be consistent if we remove an outlier.

You could easily argue the other way - DZE is all about outliers - AVOIDING THEM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thanks Adolf.

That's been in the AE constitution since day dot. Stop playing with your gun and read the fine print mister.

What's the point of DZE?
To reward consistency.

………….
So how about people with a bad week get a life to keep them in the competition?

This competition is just getting too complicated. Let's just KISS (Keep it simple stupid).

I like Woodson's idea and I do think it has merit however I can't see it working. Would suck to get eliminated because someone else didn't tip and I can't say that's fair if you follow the rules of the comp and lose out to someone that doesn't.

Should of stopped there with Merit. It works because the AE minions have great camaraderie nowadays. With the inclusion of 'HOT STREAK' which extends the comp participation to Week 17… as opposed to a ND spin off comp, LCS, that cuts the participation by half the field and continues to draw out to just two survivors. That's why these decisions are made and I agree.. comp is getting too complicated. No offence / showing disregard to GG.exe 's tweaked version of 3XKO but the reality is that PICKING a WINNER is HARD ENOUGH!! (58% of games are 50/50 and 12 percent of upsets occur on an annual basis) which leaves 30% as high CR's (mostly safe) that reap the double digit points but sheesh… so many push that boundary by the skin of their teeth!!:D Eliminating options is what GG's ideology of 3XKO has become.. (read: won't get the green light) most folk lose interest completely when they're out of the hunt of 80% of comps by mid-season.

Last edited:

Depends on the 'road teams' getting them out of a hole that particular week. ;) No shows can still be eliminated y'know :p Prime time SNF & MNF carries almost a quarter of your weekly score!! Road teams last year won less than 50% of SNF/MNF games.

Last edited:
Agreed. All the no-show default score should help do is keep people in the CR ladder standings. But comps like 3XKO and DZE should be eliminated should they be eliminated. ND their default score can still be used to ensure no divisions have a "bye" game every week against those no-shows.

I do recall that happening back in the early years then people arked up.. so the 'Depth Chart' got the green light but since most do the right thing and team form fluctuates more than petrol prices… we axed the Depth charts and brought in the 'Plan B default' that starts and ends with Prime time ROAD teams.. some get lucky.. none more than last years 3XKO champ, Starlin Castro who ironically needed his BEARS to pull out a second half come from behind WIN !! And how about that Pats victory over the G-Men when Brady needed two fourth downs in their own half of the field and then one of the longest FG's by Gostkowski… one of my personal BEST GAMES games of year!! Throw in the Bradbury Bungles loss that cleaned out a bunch and the Lions first win @ Lambeau in 25+ years… sheesh.. long shots and comeback miracles!!

3XKOFall-Out_zpsolhxhqmf.jpg

CongratsStarlin_ae15_3XKO_champ_zpstaqcg3w4.jpg

bergerson33 Kadog JeffDunne Showbag twarby

Last edited:
That's been in the AE constitution since day dot. Stop playing with your gun and read the fine print mister.
I know what the fine print is. I'm saying that maybe consultation was needed. Get off your high horse and talk to the minions once in a while.

$48 paid.

Received. Am compiling a list off-line which will be released on-line as soon as the first of August. Same day the horses celebrate their universal candle day. Giddy Up.

Hey Woodson , when are you returning the website to the people?!

Mid August.. Am organising something behind the scenes. By then.. most of yinz will be drinking outta ya customised mugs as I send the first batch to the printers THIS WEEK.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back