AE The Official AE16 Launch and Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

But. . but Woodson likes his dictatorship! Stuff the people!

151002105839-trevor-noah-donald-trump-president-large-169.jpg

Eh with Democracy you don't vote on every issue that comes up. You elect people to do the thinking for you.

We all paid Woodson to do the thinking and keep GG away from the thinking table.

We all tipped who we thought would win. No team won so we lost. If we think it will be a blowout and it ends up being close and tied then tough luck for us.

The tied game is a rare anomaly that we don't need to be crazy and award decimal of points because the scoreboard looks ugly for the rest of the year.

In my AFL comp a cancelled game occurred and we gave everyone 1CR and manually changed the tips to reflect this. There was 24 players though not like at times 84 in AE. But had the game been played and drawn then the zero point rule would be implemented.

If you then half win because of a tied game then what happens to 3XKO and Hot Streak? Do you get half a strike? Is it a mulligan? If it is still a strike and loss of streak because no team won then it stands to reason that it should remain as 0 points awarded and whatever CR given is lost.

Buckets out.

It’s erroneous to say that we always put low CR on games that we think are going to be close. I am more likely to put low CR on a game that should be a blowout but could just as easily be an upset. For example this week the Cincinnati-Cleveland games, and the Buffalo-Miami games should for all intents and purposes been blow outs but I could see both of them springing major upsets, and I was proven right, with the Bills losing. I put higher CR on the Cards-Seahawks games as even though I thought this game would be closer I thought the Cards were a safer chance of getting the job done than the Bengals or Bills. The AFL and NFL both award points for tied games. So should AE.

It’s erroneous to say that we always put low CR on games that we think are going to be close. I am more likely to put low CR on a game that should be a blowout but could just as easily be an upset. For example this week the Cincinnati-Cleveland games, and the Buffalo-Miami games should for all intents and purposes been blow outs but I could see both of them springing major upsets, and I was proven right, with the Bills losing. I put higher CR on the Cards-Seahawks games as even though I thought this game would be closer I thought the Cards were a safer chance of getting the job done than the Bengals or Bills. The AFL and NFL both award points for tied games. So should AE.

We are not changing the rules because you have your own personal insane GG style tipping strategy

#groundzero

I don't see the big deal about 0 points for a tie. Since 1974 there have only been 21 tied games and 4 since the overtime rules were changed in 2012. Given that there are 256 games a season it's a pretty rare event.

You could argue I don't give a toss because I only had 4 points invested in the game but if any game was a coin flip game it was that one.

The good thing about the current rules is the random factor affecting ND and CR results. Like weather or injury in a football game. Basically there's no telling which games might end in a tie. It could be a 50:50 game like Browns and Titans where people put 1 CR on either team. Or it could be a Jags Pats game at Foxboro where everyone is confident of a Pats blow out win.

Still....as far as an idea goes, I like my "half the points" idea as a proposal IF people wanted to get points from a tie.

Being in my shoes with my current ND matchup against BAI, I want my points. If I were in his shoes I wouldn't want me to have them.
I want Broncos to win obviously, but need Texans to get up to claim my ND matchup.
Lol... torn, not really :D

I don't see the big deal about 0 points for a tie. Since 1974 there have only been 21 tied games and 4 since the overtime rules were changed in 2012. Given that there are 256 games a season it's a pretty rare event.

You could argue I don't give a toss because I only had 4 points invested in the game but if any game was a coin flip game it was that one.

Highly unlikely to do a MNF Wk7 graphic due to unforeseen circumstances forcing me out. This will not restrict the ae16clubhouse update on Wednesday.

Highly unlikely to do a MNF Wk7 graphic due to unforeseen circumstances forcing me out. This will not restrict the ae16clubhouse update on Wednesday.

I've got your back... just waiting on JD to flick the switch

Bugger... I thought I had this weeks ND match up in the bag. I didn't really expect fuey to put 12 points on Houston :(

I think my ND season is probably over if the Broncos lose today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With scores tied between me (6 points on Seattle, 1 point on Houston) and sblack (11 points on Seattle, 12 points on Denver) I have no business winning this match up but will certainly take it if the Denver offense doesn't want to fire up #InBrockWeTrust

Had to go for the Hail Mary on Houston tonight to try and beat Primetime Pricey. Don't like my chances.

It feels good for once to be on the positive side of a MNF game for ND. Had to flip 3 straight weeks before today I believe.

Matchups already decided
ShinyOnTop defeats Statsman74
AmericanCrow defeats Marcuz
Matt897 defeats Swannies
Smiths defeats Larkis
Danielz23 defeats ChockNurris
Tcol defeats TGBB

Still in play
Houston win

Kadog defeats Geckoman
Billiever defeats AmericanFoe
BigMicka defeats Raskolnikov
DemonicAscent defeats WADW
Fuey defeats NobbyIsCool
GridironWarrior defeats Sblack
BeLikeMike/IslandBomber TIE
BoKnows34 defeats Prawnographer
Peterbuch74 defeats BornAgainIdiot
Zealbee defeats PrimetimePricey
Striker475 defeats Sven
Scotty defeats PapaJuggs

Denver win
Geckoman defeats Kadog
AmericanFoe defeats Billiever
Raskolnikov/BigMicka TIE
WADW defeats DemonicAscent
NobbyIsCool defeats Fuey
Sblack defeats GridironWarrior
IslandBomber defeats BeLikeMike
Prawnographer defeats BoKnows34
BornAgainIdiot defeats Peterbuch74
PrimetimePricey defeats Zealbee
Sven defeats Striker475
PapaJuggs defeats Scotty

Last edited:
Being in my shoes with my current ND matchup against BAI, I want my points. If I were in his shoes I wouldn't want me to have them.
I want Broncos to win obviously, but need Texans to get up to claim my ND matchup.
Lol... torn, not really :D

If we got points I'd already be winning/won as I had Seattle for 10 vs you with Arizona for 3.

As it stands a choke job today by your lot will get you across.

If we got points I'd already be winning/won as I had Seattle for 10 vs you with Arizona for 3.

As it stands a choke job today by your lot will get you across.

True, I was still thinking of the Cards win scenario... No matter then ;)

Matchups already decided
ShinyOnTop defeats Statsman74
AmericanCrow defeats Marcuz
Matt897 defeats Swannies
Smiths defeats Larkis
Danielz23 defeats ChockNurris
Tcol defeats TGBB

Still in play
Houston win

Kadog defeats Geckoman
Billiever defeats AmericanFoe
BigMicka defeats Raskolnikov
DemonicAscent defeats WADW
Fuey defeats NobbyIsCool
GridironWarrior defeats Sblack
BeLikeMike/IslandBomber TIE
BoKnows34 defeats Prawnographer
Peterbuch74 defeats BornAgainIdiot
Zealbee defeats PrimetimePricey
Sven defeats Striker475
Scotty defeats PapaJuggs

Denver win
Geckoman defeats Kadog
AmericanFoe defeats Billiever
Raskolnikov/BigMicka TIE
WADW defeats DemonicAscent
NobbyIsCool defeats Fuey
Sblack defeats GridironWarrior
IslandBomber defeats BeLikeMike
Prawnographer defeats BoKnows34
BornAgainIdiot defeats Peterbuch74
PrimetimePricey defeats Zealbee
Striker475 defeats Sven
PapaJuggs defeats Scotty

I think you got it the wrong way round Denver wins, I win, Houston wins Striker475 wins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back