• Cats

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Kittens

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Felines

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh. I’m talking black bears. They basically eat berries and salmon. You don’t want to be too close but they’re not really a problem.
Never seen a bear in my life apart from at zoo, so got no idea of the difference. I just know that one that looked at me like I was a meal, was probably 8 foot tall standing up. Think it had black and white fur. The look on it's face, very scary.

Never seen a bear in my life apart from at zoo, so got no idea of the difference. I just know that one that looked at me like I was a meal, was probably 8 foot tall standing up. Think it had black and white fur. The look on it's face, very scary.

Sounds like an Asian black bear. They can be bigger and more dangerous I think.

1614913851902.jpeg

I just know that one that looked at me like I was a meal, was probably 8 foot tall standing up. Think it had black and white fur. The look on it's face, very scary.

Sounds like a panda. They'll f you up if you annoy them. The passive, cute, cuddly bamboo-munching is just its schtick for getting victims to come close. As per the saying above, fight back and say goodnight.

panda-attack.jpg

As for me, I want raccoons. A pet raccoon would suit me. Failing that an eastern quoll.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol no... but fish owners are inoffensive

I’ve never met anyone who owns vermin or reptiles who isn’t super creepy
That's quite a generalisation.

Plenty of people own rabbits, rats, mice, corellas etc and aren't what you'd call 'creepy'. Hell, cats could be considered vermin in this country... and you're in a thread on them!

Rats are sweet, affectionate animals and are very interactive pets... fish don't give you that kind of company, that's why I rate them better than fish. Blue-tongue lizards and horned dragons are cool too. Nothing 'creepy' about owning any of them. Looks like you just meet or hang out with the wrong people. Maybe you should give these animals a chance before berating owner's personalities.

That's quite a generalisation.

Plenty of people own rabbits, rats, mice, corellas etc and aren't what you'd call 'creepy'. Hell, cats could be considered vermin in this country... and you're in a thread on them!

Rats are sweet, affectionate animals and are very interactive pets... fish don't give you that kind of company, that's why I rate them better than fish. Blue-tongue lizards and horned dragons are cool too. Nothing 'creepy' about owning any of them. Looks like you just meet or hang out with the wrong people. Maybe you should give these animals a chance before berating owner's personalities.

Love lizards. And snakes/pythons.

Please dont tell me you ever owned turantulas tho. Fair dinkum.. we had a bird eating spider at work once. I swore if the science teacher brought it anywhere near me, id unload a can of mortein onto it.

I also hate stick insects. They just creep me out.

Please dont tell me you ever owned turantulas tho. Fair dinkum.. we had a bird eating spider at work once. I swore if the science teacher brought it anywhere near me, id unload a can of mortein onto it.

Never owned a spider in my life. I tend to stick to pets that show affection to you/have emotions.

And no! I've never owned an ant farm either. :p

Last edited:
Corellas vermin? :) Wouldn't quite go that far, but I've had a baby on my shoulder that screeched into my ear. Literally painful and the tinnitus lasted two days.
If there's too many of them (in a lot of places they're in plague proportions), the council can poison them as they can destroy parkland and start to out-compete all the other native birds.

Blue tongue lizards and Bearded Dragons are pretty cool to look at but do not really understand wanting them as pets.
Bearded Dragons hard to find if lost and hard to see in grass. I nearly steppe on one at home as a kid, think it was my older brothers and could not find it anywhere and it right near us.. ha ha

When my Mum died someone got my Dad a cockatiel as a pet to keep him company. When I used to be there and whistle, as in trying to mimic it's own whistle it would tend to follow you around so very sociable birds but given the plop around every half hour or so cannot be out of a cage for long, if you not watching where they are.

What about a bird eating stick insect ?

Maybe not eating but I watched a stick insect V a bird in my front yard and the stick insect won

iu

Back