• Cats

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Kittens

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Felines

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Magpies are either massive campaigners, or absolutely lovely + you can make friends with them.

There really isnt much in between
My Fred is just a bit of a wimp, when the vet first saw him he thought he was a girl and it's pretty much been slight after slight on his masculinity ever since. Nice lad though.

My Fred is just a bit of a wimp, when the vet first saw him he thought he was a girl and it's pretty much been slight after slight on his masculinity ever since. Nice lad though.
My old cat wasn't interested in birds. Mice or skinks he'd spend hours and usually catch it. I saw him sitting out the front of the house once and a bird flew into the window and knocked itself out. It would have landed about 2'feet in front of the cat. He just looked at it. It came too and flew away, he never moved.

My old cat wasn't interested in birds. Mice or skinks he'd spend hours and usually catch it. I saw him sitting out the front of the house once and a bird flew into the window and knocked itself out. It would have landed about 2'feet in front of the cat. He just looked at it. It came too and flew away, he never moved.
Our Burmese removed nearly every common myna or Indian myna from the suburb he was relentless,he should have been cloned by the csiro as a lethal weapon against them and let a few of him go under princess street bridge for a few weeks

Magpies are either massive campaigners, or absolutely lovely + you can make friends with them.

We feed a trio of magpies but the last couple of days we’ve been invaded by a bush turkey which all the other birds hate, going by the squawking and dive-bombing. We are trying to drive it away but it keeps coming back so have to be careful not to leave any food out or it will never go.

One of my brave boys just got scared by a magpie landing on the fence and went and hid under the dining room table.
FFS, that is crap. Tonkinese cat here, now only watches the magpies and they can walk freely in backyard and still just watches.
He in virtual retirement mode and content to just watch a magpie outdoors after he learned to watch animals on tv screen on youtube in last month and a bit.
I remember last summer some Ravens or something like a Crow used to swoop Burmese cat and run under cover. But then day later find one of those birds up against fence in corner still alive but it was either frightened or been attacked and would barely move. It was too scared and wild for me to try to provoke it to move on. Forgot about it but it was gone next day. But did see feathers on ground. More likely the Tonkinese had a go at it at some stage before going into retirement mode this winter.

We feed a trio of magpies but the last couple of days we’ve been invaded by a bush turkey which all the other birds hate, going by the squawking and dive-bombing. We are trying to drive it away but it keeps coming back so have to be careful not to leave any food out or it will never go.
Bush Turkey? FFS, where you located? Must be out of suburbs for such a bird.
Not sure I ever seen one.

They have started a war with someone in my household.
Tennis balls are coming their way if seen.
Somebodies clothes got plopped on so all bets are off.... ha ha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have I seen a picture of your Siamese cat before?
I dont think I have a a digital photo he was a long time ago
Lilac Point gold medal winning show cat that wasnt happy in a cage so we got him if we promised not to show him

looked a bit like this slightly smaller ears

iu

Lilac Point gold medal winning show cat that wasnt happy in a cage so we got him if we promised not to show him

iu
ha ha. Awesome.
If had that cat with ears like that, he would have to be called Gilly.
Like the grey type colour around middle of face.

iu
That cat looks cross eyed.

What an absolute cutie

Bush Turkey? FFS, where you located? Must be out of suburbs for such a bird.
Not sure I ever seen one.
Gold Coast. Very common around here but haven’t had one in the backyard before. About as big as a large rooster. They can be a pest in nesting season if they take a liking to your yard because they dig up your plants to make a very large ground nest, kind of like a lyrebird does. If it sticks around too long we will have to get a wildlife person to remove it and take it back to its habitat, a few blocks away. This one is a female luckily; the males are the nest builders and have longish wattles, like regular turkeys do.

7A58444A-8870-4FD3-AD4B-B46D68C5A219.jpeg

Gold Coast. Very common around here but haven’t had one in the backyard before. About as big as a large rooster. They can be a pest in nesting season if they take a liking to your yard because they dig up your plants to make a very large ground nest, kind of like a lyrebird does. If it sticks around too long we will have to get a wildlife person to remove it and take it back to its habitat, a few blocks away. This one is a female luckily; the males are the nest builders and have longish wattles, like regular turkeys do.

View attachment 1261898
Wow. Never seen one of those in person.

As a kid, came home from primary school to find a wild goat on our property trying to fight with our goats. Do not know where it come from. Somewhere up in hills but your story reminds me of that. That would freak me out seeing that as it either going to attack some pet of yours or pet attack it and possibly get hurt or infected.

Last edited:
Wow. Never seen one of those in person.

As a kid, came home from primary school to find a wild goat on our property trying to fight with out goats. Do not know where it come from. Somewhere up in hills but your story reminds me of that. That would freak me out seeing that as it either going to attack some pet of yours or pet attack it and possibly get hurt or infected.
There are dogs in neighbouring houses so I’m slightly worried as they are not very good fliers, big and clumsy. They’re not aggressive though.

Back