Certified Legendary Thread The Official Bigfooty 2017 NBA Western Conference Playoffs Thread. Vale Portland, OKC, Memphis

Do you want a poll?

• Yes

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Yes but only if Priceys Mum posts pics

Votes: 22 71.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

a souless franchise. one that has nothing. NOTHING. They hang banners of their players in the rafters. lol

#thebattleforLA

I was going more for the fact that they've been emotionally conditioned to disappointment, like an abused animal or a married man.

There's obviously bad luck with injuries but anyone else think the clips have hurt themselves by their egos and flogness? Spend far too much time whining. The warriors do it now too but they at least back it up with a title. Always felt clips carry themselves like they're a dynasty and above the opposition when they haven't even made a conference final.

Perhaps a non flog coach would have benefited them.

anyone else think the clips have hurt themselves by their egos and flogness? Spend far too much time whining. .

Don't think you'll find many who disagree with this observation :D

I'd like to be happy for the Clips after the years of s**t that they suffered, but they make it so god damn hard.

I feel exactly the same. I also really like Chris Paul the player. A 6 foot guy who can't jump and isn't particularly quick, but can flat out ball.

Yep, he's pretty damned good.

On the other hand he bailed on us, so screw that guy!

I'd like to be happy for the Clips after the years of s**t that they suffered, but they make it so god damn hard.

Me too... When Paul went to Clips I really wanted to like this team but once Rivers led the bitching brigade I went off them completely

There were still some in the media at least that used to justify it as part of their character and motivation.

There's obviously bad luck with injuries but anyone else think the clips have hurt themselves by their egos and flogness? Spend far too much time whining. The warriors do it now too but they at least back it up with a title. Always felt clips carry themselves like they're a dynasty and above the opposition when they haven't even made a conference final.

Got it in one. I know most coaches have their moments but Doc Rivers never stops whingeing. Personally, I needed a more "in control" coach when I played. Someone more like the Celtics coach. These idiots who pace up and down screaming, yelling and complaining to the refs just upset the team IMHO.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#thebattleforLA

I was going more for the fact that they've been emotionally conditioned to disappointment, like an abused animal or a married man.
220px-RAtM-BattleofLosAngeles.jpeg

I feel exactly the same. I also really like Chris Paul the player. A 6 foot guy who can't jump and isn't particularly quick, but can flat out ball.

Yep, he's pretty damned good.

On the other hand he bailed on us, so screw that guy!

Everyday I thank the lord we didn't gut our franchise to get him.

I know this guy cops his fair share of criticism, but I did find it amusing watching Doc Rivers bemoan the lack of offensive ball movement for the clippers in the 3 qtr time interview.

Ummm ... have you seen your son play??? I saw him ISO guys twice in the 3rd quarter before putting up air balls.

Clippers have a lot of problems, but step 1 in the off-season would be getting rid of the coach's son who thinks he is better than Steph Curry.

Injuries and poor management have ruined the Clippers. Since acquiring Chris Paul their role players have consisted of washed up veterans and really ordinary battler types. They haven't drafted any suitable role players since getting Chris Paul. That's pretty horrific. Doc Rivers has no imagination as a GM and giving him the reigns was incredibly stupid anyway. Every other team has a heap of people helping the GM who works free from the coach anyway. How they expected Doc to successfully coach and be a GM in today's NBA beats me.

Their attitude wouldn't matter a bit if they actually had some deep teams and had a bit of injury luck.

Back