The Official BigFooty Boston Celtics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if anyone has said this but the main reason behind the trade of the draft picks is that Chicago wanted phillys 3rd pick for Jimmy butler, but philly didn't want to do this and that is why ainge traded for the 3rd pick to get butler also we have phillys first round pick either next year or the year after, this is a great trade because we can stack our team this year with trading for butler and signing Hayward!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
That isn't what Ainge said at all

That isn't what Ainge said at all
He didn't say it but everyone knows it's the reason he did it, trust me warlord ainge always has something up his sleeve and doesn't make a move for no reason.

He didn't say it but everyone knows it's the reason he did it, trust me warlord ainge always has something up his sleeve and doesn't make a move for no reason.

Why would Chicago accept pick three from us when they could have got pick one from us days ago?

Why would Chicago accept pick three from us when they could have got pick one from us days ago?
who cares - we're 2 years away. lebron at 34 (if he still is in cleveland) is a different story.
If we get butler and Hayward and hopefully keep most of our pieces in the team we will take Cleveland to 7 or win.

It doesn't really matter because all of the top 3 picks in the draft have the same value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we get butler and Hayward and hopefully keep most of our pieces in the team we will take Cleveland to 7 or win.
Beating Cleveland isn't the goal.
It doesn't really matter because all of the top 3 picks in the draft have the same value.
No they don't, hence why Philadelphia gave us another pick to get pick one.

So exciting going to sleep and waking up and reading the WOJ bombs. Dwight got traded for nothing, Brooklyn got worse so our pick next year will be golden... I think you have to pull the trigger on a Butler deal (if the price isn't too high) as he's still under the old max for 2 years and you can add Hayward still while retaining a combination of #3/Brown/Nets2018/Sac2019 even though we got killed on the boards if you want to compete against GSW we need the elite two-way wings.

How is beating Cleveland not the goal?
The Warriors won the title last time I checked. And rather easily.

The goal is to be good enough to beat Golden State. Not just get to the finals.

I reckon Ainge could pretty much put out a team to challenge the Cavs right now, but in doing so he risks going all in without a significant chance at winning a title.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back