The Official BigFooty Boston Celtics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's the third game of the season. Looks like a high price for them to have paid but let's remember that they needed a guard.

Fultz has plenty of good signs, there is just something really weird going on with his jumper right now. He's not even shooting in warm ups. Either he's got a bad shoulder or some sort of mental thing going on in his head.

Watching Simmons in his first few games my biggest concern for Philly is that Fultz and Simmons can't reach their potentials being together on the same team.
There is something wrong there but if it was injury, surely he wouldn't be playing. He had quite a nice, smooth looking jumper when playing for Washington, but he also had oodles more time to get it off against pretty average college competition.

I'm not sure that when they picked him, they were foreseeing a summer or two of work before he became a consistent impact guard. That is what its looking like.

There is the ability in there somewhere. It would stagger me if he can't put it together eventually. Honestly the start he has had is staggering already.

Last edited:
There is something wrong there but if it was injury, surely he wouldn't be playing. He had quite a nice, smooth looking jumper when playing for Washington, but he also had oodles more time to get it off against pretty average college competition.

I'm not sure that when they picked him, they were foreseeing a summer or two of work before he became a consistent impact guard. That is what its looking like.

There is the ability in there somewhere. It would stagger me if he can't put it together eventually. Honestly the start he has had is staggering already.
Could be something that isn't going to get worse by continuing to play. Who knows. The 76ers have been very vague with all this sort of stuff the last few years with Embiid, Simmons and now Fultz. Wouldn't surprise me if they've been deliberately vague to avoiding killing some of the hype this team has.

I'm guessing the Sixers weren't expecting him to be so tentative with shooting but other than that the time it takes for him to be good at the NBA isn't really important. The team is very young and I think they might be another team that people got overexcited about too early. Very much like the Wolves last year where every second person was expecting them to make the playoffs.

Embiid has played 30 odd games and Simmons is in his first season so Fultz going through development right now isn't a big deal at all.

Could be something that isn't going to get worse by continuing to play. Who knows. The 76ers have been very vague with all this sort of stuff the last few years with Embiid, Simmons and now Fultz. Wouldn't surprise me if they've been deliberately vague to avoiding killing some of the hype this team has.

I'm guessing the Sixers weren't expecting him to be so tentative with shooting but other than that the time it takes for him to be good at the NBA isn't really important. The team is very young and I think they might be another team that people got overexcited about too early. Very much like the Wolves last year where every second person was expecting them to make the playoffs.

Embiid has played 30 odd games and Simmons is in his first season so Fultz going through development right now isn't a big deal at all.

There is having a niggle/being tentative at shooting, and there is not attempting a jumpshot - at all.

You can't deny that it is incredibly odd that a player with such a good all-round offensive game in college shoots like he has never played before and attempts the same spin move in the lane every time.

Tatum and another potential top 5 for this?!

Either they identified the problems with these mechanics early and made a great trade or simply just liked Tatum more and dodged a bullet. It's like watching a different player with Fultz college to NBA.

Who’s the other potential top 5? Bird?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is having a niggle/being tentative at shooting, and there is not attempting a jumpshot - at all.

You can't deny that it is incredibly odd that a player with such a good all-round offensive game in college shoots like he has never played before and attempts the same spin move in the lane every time.
I read someone say he might have a rotator cuff problem and that sounds like a good guess to me. Had that issue myself last year and there was a period there where my shoulder just hurt a heap. Playing basketball it would hit me out of nowhere when throwing a long pass or having to exert some decent force with the shoulder. There's no real immediate fix either, you just have to get it worked on and try to strengthen that area up.

He definitely shoots like he's avoiding getting pain in his shoulder.

DMf-R3jWsAAVMhY.jpg:large

Couldn't be any more happier with brown and Tatum both going off against nyk.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Another brilliant display from Brown and Tatum today.

Could quietly be turning into an incredible duo for years to come.

2-2
If we can finish top 4 without Hayward great year for us.

Hard game tonight against the bucks with an emerging mvp in giannis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are killing the spurs and without Hayward man we are scary.

We currently have the biggest winning streak in the league rn. Imagine if we still had Hayward...
And they said Irving wouldn't play defense leading the league in steals.

Easy win for us against the kings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back