The Official BigFooty Boston Celtics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Brown. No way I’d ever let Tatum go anywhere.
Yep. Huge call but Jayson could be our next Paul Pierce (who was the reason I fell in love with Boston).

Yep. Huge call but Jayson could be our next Paul Pierce (who was the reason I fell in love with Boston).
But you could have Hayward and Brown on the wings and swap Baynes/Horford for Tatum. As good as Horford is, AD is AD

But you could have Hayward and Brown on the wings and swap Baynes/Horford for Tatum. As good as Horford is, AD is AD
Tatum's best position is SF IMO. Trade Brown, have a 5 of Kyrie, Hayward, Tatum, Horford, AD.

I wonder what it’ll take to get Boogie? Bit of a risk following his injury but would be such a big upgrade on Baynes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** yeah.

Wing players are a dime a dozen in the NBA. Brown or Tatum will never be top 10 players in the NBA.

Davis already is.

Liked because it's an obvious answer IMO and Davis is a top 10 player currently (debatable top 5).
I don't think you can guarantee Brown and Tatum can't be top 10 players though...

Liked because it's an obvious answer IMO and Davis is a top 10 player currently (debatable top 5).
I don't think you can guarantee Brown and Tatum can't be top 10 players though...
Not in the case of Tatum.

As I said...for 19 year olds playing the in NBA in terms of overall statistical effectiveness, tatum at in the top 2 or 3 of all time. It would be incredibly stupid to let him go at this early stage.

Not in the case of Tatum.

As I said...for 19 year olds playing the in NBA in terms of overall statistical effectiveness, tatum at in the top 2 or 3 of all time. It would be incredibly stupid to let him go at this early stage.

He's a gun no doubt, but even someone like Melos stats at 19 were just as good if not better. I think Danny Ainge would be quite happy to pull the trigger on getting Davis but the pelicans boss wouldn't (And there's a reason for that).

He's a gun no doubt, but even someone like Melos stats at 19 were just as good if not better. I think Danny Ainge would be quite happy to pull the trigger on getting Davis but the pelicans boss wouldn't (And there's a reason for that).

Melo and Durant had more volume as 19 year olds but I wouldnt necessarily say they were better as far as contributing to wins goes. Anyway - Melo is a top 20 All time NBA scorer.

I suspect the aim with Davis is to wait for Horford's money to come off the books and have a crack at him if he gets to FA. Ainge has been more than happy to wait a year or so and just nab these guys for nothing with a Brad Stevens pitch. He'll happily jump on an opportunity a-la Kyrie aswell though.

Melo and Durant had more volume as 19 year olds but I wouldnt necessarily say they were better as far as contributing to wins goes. Anyway - Melo is a top 20 All time NBA scorer.

I suspect the aim with Davis is to wait for Horford's money to come off the books and have a crack at him if he gets to FA. Ainge has been more than happy to wait a year or so and just nab these guys for nothing with a Brad Stevens pitch. He'll happily jump on an opportunity a-la Kyrie aswell though.

Totally fair enough! We are in an amazing position regardless.

Totally fair enough! We are in an amazing position regardless.
Exactly. Ainge has the luxury of being patient and pitching these guys instead of making trades necessarily because he can keep feeding rookie talent in and the team is now very young. Got sacto's pick coming next year aswell. That could potentially yield another Tatum level talent.

I'm hoping, maybe wishful thinking, Houston vs Toronto
Toronto always choke. I'm not convinced they get past Philly honestly.

Houston have an amazing attack but their defence won't beat GSW, whereas the reverse can happen (and usually does). KD vs Harden defensively is chalk and cheese.

Toronto always choke. I'm not convinced they get past Philly honestly.

Houston have an amazing attack but their defence won't beat GSW, whereas the reverse can happen (and usually does). KD vs Harden defensively is chalk and cheese.
I would love to see Philly come out the East. They're so exciting and will be scary good from next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back