The Official BigFooty Boston Celtics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Either way, Cavs are getting rolled, whoever they end up playing. I kinda hope it's Steph shimmying all over LeBron.

GSW in 5.
Nah, sick of GSW winning. Gimme Harden averaging 40 in the Finals against the Cavs defence.

Anyone reckon Smart will stay or chase the max contract?

I hope we let him go.
Hope we keep him actually. Not great offensively but his intensity is something we need.

Irving/Hayward/Tatum/Baynes/Horford
Smart/Rozier/Brown/Morris/Monroe

Great grouping. Maybe Morris as the starter and Baynes pairing with Monroe to cover his defensive deficiencies.

Why were we so obsessed with 3 ball today? Roziers best asset is his speed, driving into paint, staggering his foot work & shifting the d to open up lanes & angles....where was it today?? Was content on jacking up s**t 3’s under the pump all day.

As for Smart taking 3’s, well Stevens should just ban him from taking them period!! Love his d & hustle at both ends, but he’s a brick merchant.

Brown lacked imagination too I thought. Needed to get to the rim more given his shot was stinking it up.

Just didn’t play the percentages today & didn’t adjust about how we approach offense. Occasion got to us & we made a lot of bad shot selections, esp when we had a chance to blow the game wide open in the 2nd.

Pretty gutted tbh.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not if he wants Max. No GM would pay for that. His jump short is worse than Tony Allen's
Still better than Simmon’s jump shot though.

Why were we so obsessed with 3 ball today? Roziers best asset is his speed, driving into paint, staggering his foot work & shifting the d to open up lanes & angles....where was it today?? Was content on jacking up s**t 3’s under the pump all day.

As for Smart taking 3’s, well Stevens should just ban him from taking them period!! Love his d & hustle at both ends, but he’s a brick merchant.

Brown lacked imagination too I thought. Needed to get to the rim more given his shot was stinking it up.

Just didn’t play the percentages today & didn’t adjust about how we approach offense. Occasion got to us & we made a lot of bad shot selections, esp when we had a chance to blow the game wide open in the 2nd.

Pretty gutted tbh.
I had no problem with the 3 ball today, we just missed a whole lot of 3’s we otherwise would’ve made any other game and LeBron was LeBron. Rozier and Brown have shown to be reliable 3 point shooters recently.

Hope we keep him actually. Not great offensively but his intensity is something we need.

Irving/Hayward/Tatum/Baynes/Horford
Smart/Rozier/Brown/Morris/Monroe

Great grouping. Maybe Morris as the starter and Baynes pairing with Monroe to cover his defensive deficiencies.
I agree that it is a great groping. I personally think a shot blocker is the only thing this teams lack to be truly dominant. Perhaps they could not match an offer for smart and use that space to sign a developing shot blocker. Either that or they could trade the Memphis and Sacramento picks for a young shot blocker drafted this year.

Another option that could be ideal involves an Aussie in a critical year of his career next season. I have a bias as I support the Boomers as much as any of the teams I support in all sports, but Id love to see Thon Maker end up at Boston in a trade (trading the Memphis pick which is top 8 protected to the Bucks could be a possibility).The coaching system at Boston definitely suits the way Thon plays.

Baynes (who will be resigned almost certainly) and Smart are the only two on the roster not signed up for next year provided they take up an option to extend Rozier (which they almost certainly will). Rozier is very hot and cold, which is way he could make an outstanding sixth man. They play him more in games he gets hot, but bench him a bit more in games where he is struggling to impact offensively. It is going back a way, but he could be a bit like Vinnie Johnson for the Pistons in the 1990's who came off the bench and had the nickname the "Microwave' because he could get hot quickly.

Last edited:
Both teams shot poorly....but my god we could have used just one of those late threes to go down.

Still, what a great season. The next few should be really exciting. Great time to be a Celtics fan.

Both teams shot poorly....but my god we could have used just one of those late threes to go down.

Still, what a great season. The next few should be really exciting. Great time to be a Celtics fan.

They started hitting them at the right time, we didn't and that was basically the difference.

Our gameplan was very haphazard and lazy yesterday, we didn't need to take anywhere near that amount of 3's. I think Rozier and Brown were a bit shook by LeBron to get anywhere near the paint.

Tim Watson just said Cleveland vs golden state is basketballs biggest rivalry...... FFS
I'm not well versed in Basketball but surely Celtics vs Lakers, Knicks and Sixers would all be well up there? (Wouldn't have a clue otherwise).

I'm not well versed in Basketball but surely Celtics vs Lakers, Knicks and Sixers would all be well up there? (Wouldn't have a clue otherwise).
Celtics/Lakers
Celtics/Sixers
Knicks/Pacers
Pistons/Bulls

All bigger rivalries, just off the top of my head.

Rozier was good in the series, but Irving is fantastic at hitting the kinds of shots missed by Boston late in the game and if he had played it is highly likely the result would have been reversed. Look out next year.

He is out of contract this season coming. Could very well demand it and some reports are that he is very well chasing it.

He aint worth the 12-13mill a year or whatever the max is.
Max is way more than 12-13mill. A player (JJ Redick) was on 23million last year and that wasnt even the max for a season. Smart wont get offers above 7million a year. He is a decent role player with limitations. Nothing more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back