The Official BigFooty Boston Celtics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I read somewhere that there's speculation about LeBron and us? We'd have to basically trade Kyrie if that were to happen.
There's speculation about Lebron and everybody.

He'll be more than happy to occupy the headlines for the entirety of the offseason for his "decision" again like the attention whore he is.

After 15 years of the lebron soap opera I'm completely bored of it to be honest.

I think everyone knows there's something wrong if it isn't a Boston-Philly ECF next year. Especially if Bron lands at one of the two.
Could even stay in Cleveland and somehow pull off signing john wall and potentially cousins.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think everyone knows there's something wrong if it isn't a Boston-Philly ECF next year..

Philly haven't done a whole bunch to justify the hype and be a walk up start in a conference finals just yet.

3 or 4 other east teams other than us would either beat them or give them a super tough series in the first two rounds. I'm not sure them carving through a bunch of dud tanking teams at the end of the season and then the Miami heat has changed that so much.

So... I don't actually think you could put a deal together they would accept.

There is 0% chance they would give him up.
And there is 50% he could leave too.

?

In 2021?

I think they're going to be okay with sticking with him...
Not if he isn't going to re-sign. Look what happen to kyrie onlt last year lol he had 2 years left on his deal and told the GM he wanted out, what you don't think that could happen with davis?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no AD media speculation though.

Also, yes Cousins is a free agent. But a team with no cap room can't sign him.
They gave up a lot during the season they have the quite a bit of cap room just that Dan Gilbert being the tightass that he is won't pay the luxury tax if cousins were to sign.

There's speculation about Lebron and everybody.

He'll be more than happy to occupy the headlines for the entirety of the offseason for his "decision" again like the attention whore he is.

After 15 years of the lebron soap opera I'm completely bored of it to be honest.

It's not really his fault the entire NBA industry is waiting in anticipation for his decision. This isn't going to turn into another live TV decision like the last time, he's much more mature.

Boston

Why not?
Dude is the biggest sook in the league. Hasn't shown any willingness to sacrifice his own individual game for his team to win.

If he's pissed at the refs he pretends to fall over and takes about 3 years to get back on defense, yet when he has the ball, he's one of the quickest and most athletic 7 footers of the modern era.

That and danny had the chance to get him a year ago with a mountain of assets that would have trumped the NOP deal and showed absolutely zero interest in doing so.

I don't see how one more year of the crybaby status quo from Cousins and a serious injury is going to change Danny or Brad's outlook on the guy.

They gave up a lot during the season they have the quite a bit of cap room just that Dan Gilbert being the tightass that he is won't pay the luxury tax if cousins were to sign.

None of your statement is even slightly true.

Cavs have $139M committed next year. They have zero cap flexibility.

And Dan is not a tightass. Cavs have had the most expensive roster in the league and paid the most luxury tax of any team over the last 3 years.

The Boston Celtics made a trade offer to San Antonio before the February deadline, but the Spurs turned it down --- and never made a counterproposal, league sources said. San Antonio wasn't willing to discuss deals for Leonard in February. So far this spring, the Spurs remain resistant to trades.

If reconciliation talks don't go well with Leonard, San Antonio has time to reconsider that stance. For example, Boston has the most appealing assets: starry young players and Sacramento's No. 1-protected 2019 first-round pick.

Only four months since the trade deadline, the Celtics find themselves in a different organizational space. GM Danny Ainge can stay on course with forwards Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown on rookie contracts, sparing Boston the financial pressure of re-signing two maximum-contract players with injury histories -- Kyrie Irving and Leonard -- in 2019.

Boston could still consider Leonard on a distressed, discounted deal -- the way it secured Irving last summer -- but that has become a far less likely scenario than keeping its young core.

Interesting part of that woj piece is ainge actually pushed hard to make a big move at the deadline which he has usually not done. Most of his bigger deals have all been offseason.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back