The Official BigFooty Boston Celtics Thread

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
We already have a Robinson like player in Williams. He'd be getting minutes if he wasn't out injured.
Id say there is daylight between the two though in terms of quality of player. You dont have to agree, but I think Robinson is capable of being a 15 points ten rebounds a game type player in the right situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bostonian

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Id say there is daylight between the two though in terms of quality of player. You dont have to agree, but I think Robinson is capable of being a 15 points ten rebounds a game type player in the right situation.
We don't need that offended though.

We need what Williams can do as well as Robinson and that's rebound and block shots.

He's also a superior passer to Robinson.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
We don't need that offended though.

We need what Williams can do as well as Robinson and that's rebound and block shots.

He's also a superior passer to Robinson.
I do get what you are saying, but I was responding to celtics fans saying the need another big for playoffs originally. Robinson was leading the league in block shots per minute in the second half of last year. Im not sold Williams has the potential to be elite at blocking shots. Think both are diamonds in the rough, who would improve your already very good defence.

Bostonian

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
I do get what you are saying, but I was responding to celtics fans saying the need another big for playoffs originally. Robinson was leading the league in block shots per minute in the second half of last year. Im not sold Williams has the potential to be elite at blocking shots. Think both are diamonds in the rough, who would improve your already very good defence.
The only way we could get him is probably sending Williams and picks their way.

Though I'm not sure they would be wanting to trade one of their better young players.

Elmer_Judd

#Teague2020
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Shit loss, even without Kemba.

Still not so bad with other top seeds in the East, esp Philly keep dropping games too.

Doubtful we can catch The Bucks now, tbh.

srobbo

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Jan 31, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Htf do we drop that to the Wizz two’s? How we didn’t go on with it after drawing level in the last is beyond me.

One of the worst losses I’ve seen in a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

srobbo

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Jan 31, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Htf do we come out so listless after the washington garbage? Zero detection of any semblance of defense. We play so much better without Hayward....hope we can find a way to offload him.

Memphis_

Club Legend
Dec 21, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC, Celtics, NE Patriots
You’ve got to be joking? We were comprehensively beaten in every facet of the game.
Were you watching the game?
Yeah we missed a lot of shots and took some poor ones. Defence was rubbish but we turned around a 23 point deficit to make it a 7 point game with all the momentum and that happens.
You're trying to tell me we didn't have a chance at all?

srobbo

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Jan 31, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Were you watching the game?
Yeah we missed a lot of shots and took some poor ones. Defence was rubbish but we turned around a 23 point deficit to make it a 7 point game with all the momentum and that happens.
You're trying to tell me we didn't have a chance at all?
It was probably a foul, but what do you expect when you abuse ref’s? He had to walk away....Stevens had already given away a tech which was fair enough.

We were coming, but the starts lately are simply disgraceful. Shouldn’t take 15-20pt deficits to motivate us to play. Gutful of it.

Memphis_

Club Legend
Dec 21, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
MUFC, Celtics, NE Patriots
It was probably a foul, but what do you expect when you abuse ref’s? He had to walk away....Stevens had already given away a tech which was fair enough.

We were coming, but the starts lately are simply disgraceful. Shouldn’t take 15-20pt deficits to motivate us to play. Gutful of it.
It was a foul.
Have you ever been checked deliberately before? and the call doesn't go your way?
Trust me you can't keep your emotions in check.
Again i agree with you about the first half utter garbage.

Top Bottom