The Official BigFooty Boston Celtics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Needs to build muscle. Will get monstered by the likes of Marc Gasol and Steven Adams.
He's got a lot of length on him.
Don't think he could get to much bigger his knees would be struggling already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Edwards was on fire today. Hitting 8 3’s in 5 minutes of play.
They play him at shooting guard with Smart at the point predominately from what ive seen. Looking like a great backcourt duo to pair off the bench. Brown and Walker really compliment each other in the starting line-up too. Im surprised how much having Walker's speed sets up fast break opportunities. when he pushes the ball. I knew he was quick, but didnt realize he could be the quickest player in the nba.

Should we trade for K Love?
And what should we give up for him?
I dont think he'd help a lot at the 4. Its been mentioned on a few youtube clips that he is one of the guys that's been caught out lying about his height and that he is actually 6'8 which is why he has been dominated defensively a few times in his career by taller bigger players. A more leftfield idea that would work with salary cap considerations is Hayward for Anthony-Towns. The trade would only happen provided Hayward looks like he is back to his best then he could have enough currency to trade for Karl Anthony Towns. If they traded Hayward and some future draft picks for Anthony Towns in a three way trade with Cleaveland it could work for all three teams with the Timbervolves getting the opportunity to reset their squad with draft picks from Boston, the Cavs obtaining a young vet to pair with Love and their young squad and Boston getting the the big man they need provided Anthony-Towns is fully motivated. THe Cavs are rumoured to be interested in trading for Hayward. Boston meanwhile could increase the playing time that Brown and Tatum spend at the 3 without Hayward and then Strus could get more time on court playing the two spot with Walker at the point due to the Brown change, keeping Smart paired with Edwards is important as it looks like a great bench guard set-up. Edwards and Strus look like major diamonds in the rough in preseason games.

Loved seeing Tacko debut and hearing MSG filled with Tacko chants. I don't see him as a mere sideshow, I think once his conditioning improves he can eventually offer real value on both sides of the ball. He moves his feet better than people say. Hope the Celtics persist with him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back