The Official BigFooty Boston Celtics Thread

Apr 10, 2015
Dirty white van
AFL Club
Essendon
Yes, because Philly will destroy us without one
I agree we need a solid rim protector but how many are legit great options available at a bargain basement price?

That's why I said there is no player on the market that I would be prepared to offload one or more of our best wings (Hayward/Brown/Tatum) and picks and risk Jeopardising our chemistry and form.

Theis is a solid rotational piece who can block and ball. Kanter is horrendous at the defensive end but gives us second chances offensively at the rim.

Before anyone shouts "Trade Hayward". When he is playing and on the court Broen and Tatum go +23 in scoring compared to +13 when he isnt. He gets them shots instead of taking away. His leadership and vision alone is invaluable.

If we can package picks and one of Kanter/Theis. Pull the trigger.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Still firmly believe letting Horford go was the right call, has never been a dominant defensive beast to take on Giannis and or Embiid, and at his age, he wanted too much money and years on his contract.

He gave us good service, and Kanter/Theis are an adequate stop gap solution until hopefully we can trade for someone like Andre Drummond (who is bit of a nutcase admittedly)

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
I agree, upsetting this balance may be costly. Do we really need a big when we are top 5 for both offense and defense? I think letting this core group continue to develop and evolve will be good enough come playoffs.
We'd be second round at best with this team.
We need more bigs.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Still firmly believe letting Horford go was the right call, has never been a dominant defensive beast to take on Giannis and or Embiid, and at his age, he wanted too much money and years on his contract.

He gave us good service, and Kanter/Theis are an adequate stop gap solution until hopefully we can trade for someone like Andre Drummond (who is bit of a nutcase admittedly)
Just need a glass eater like adams.

Apr 10, 2015
Dirty white van
AFL Club
Essendon
Im putting it out there. After looking over Kanters stats the bloke is seriously underrated.

In 17mins av of game time he is nearly a double double player.

This game was his 3rd double double night this season.

11/24 nights has scored double digit.

7.8reb per game in 17.7 mins

Top 5 in offensive reb.

Yes he is horrendous on the Defensive end but happy to have him on a cheap as chips salary.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
We'd be second round at best with this team.
We need more bigs.
Im not a Celtics fan, but incase you didnt know you currently have 3 potential first round picks in 2020 draft.. Yours and the Bucks plus a pick from Memphis that can be used if outside the top 6 picks, but is unrestricted in 2021 if pick not used. Someone like Mitchell Robinson from the Knicks could be targeted using those picks. Blocks a lot of shots and has improved touch around the ring. He'd improve your defence, which is already terrific.

On a more hypothetical note what would happen if you went all in and went for Anthony-Towns with an offer of Hayward, Langford and all three picks I mentioned above? Three point shooting would be terrific. Part of the deal would have to include some kind of financial arrangement where the T'wolves pay part of KAT salary as a result of adding say Langford to the trade. Twolves finally get their rebuild with a third team getting involved to bring in more young players in return for Hayward. Just thinking out loud.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Im not a Celtics fan, but incase you didnt know you currently have 3 potential first round picks in 2020 draft.. Yours and the Bucks plus a pick from Memphis that can be used if outside the top 6 picks, but is unrestricted in 2021 if pick not used. Someone like Mitchell Robinson from the Knicks could be targeted using those picks. Blocks a lot of shots and has improved touch around the ring. He'd improve your defence, which is already terrific.

On a more hypothetical note what would happen if you went all in and went for Anthony-Towns with an offer of Hayward, Langford and all three picks I mentioned above? Three point shooting would be terrific. Part of the deal would have to include some kind of financial arrangement where the T'wolves pay part of KAT salary as a result of adding say Langford to the trade. Twolves finally get their rebuild with a third team getting involved to bring in more young players in return for Hayward. Just thinking out loud.
You're not wrong about the KAT trade.
I'd feel brad stevens would turn him into the superstar he was set to become.

Apr 10, 2015
Dirty white van
AFL Club
Essendon
You're not wrong about the KAT trade.
I'd feel brad stevens would turn him into the superstar he was set to become.
eth-dog might have more thoughts than me. I would be inclined to possibly do this if he was committed to Bean Town.

But he is giving us so much more in leadership right now.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
eDPS might have more thoughts than me. I would be inclined to possibly do this if he was committed to Bean Town.

But he is giving us so much more in leadership right now.
Well i still think we need just a glass eater and a rim protector unless mr kanter can keep up this stellar form.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well i still think we need just a glass eater and a rim protector unless mr kanter can keep up this stellar form.
Id use the two first rounders in 2020 and the Memphis 2020 protected pick closer to trade deadline. Trade for a young highly promising big without adding slaaray issues for the forceable future. I havent seen him a lot but love the look of Mitchell Robinson. His touch and movement seems to have improved a lot in 2019/2020. His stats would have improved a lot too if playing with a better team. At 7'0 and a 7'4 wingspan he led the nba for blocks per minute on the court at one point last year. If they'd do it Id bring in Kevin Knox with a trade of Knox and Robinson in exchange for all three of the picks ive mentioned. Looked super promising only last year and would suit an off the bench roll filling in for both Tatum and Hayward as he has a 6'11 wingspan and could defend at the 3 or 4 position when he adds a bit more muscle. Both are being underutilized massively at the Knicks and would benefit greatly from playing under Stevens. THe Memphis pick does potentially have a lot of value and could end up bing a top 5 pick in a draft thats looking potentially great in 2021. The problem for the Celtics is that they need to make their move before Tatum gets a huge payday and the roster will require some restructuring at the end of 2020 season. My estimates is that doing the trade close to the trade deadline only adds about 4 mill in salary this season and about 7 or 8 mill next year.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton

We already have a Robinson like player in Williams. He'd be getting minutes if he wasn't out injured.

Back