The Official BigFooty Boston Celtics Thread

"I drove 15 hours to get to Georgia, my community," Brown said. "This is a peaceful protest. Being a celebrity, being an NBA player, don't exclude me from no conversations at all. First and foremost, I'm a black man and I'm a member of this community. ... We're raising awareness for some of the injustices that we've been seeing. It's not OK.

So it looks like we've got 3 more games after this. One more win sews up 3rd, and we're playing Memphis, Washington and Orlando, and we're an outside chance for second given Toronto have Memphis, Denver, Philly and Milwaukee in their home stretch in no particular order for either. Ideal result would be that Philly get 4th or 5th IMO.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Putting the Barneys to the sword and I love it.

This is a big call, but if we can maintain this forum throughout the playoffs, we can win the Chip, at least the East.

Smart has made Lowry his Bitch. Cobra is a lot more valuable to us than many realize. His defensive hustle really sets the tone.

Want Time Lord to get more minutes as well. He is so efficent lately with limited court time..

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
So it looks like we've got 3 more games after this. One more win sews up 3rd, and we're playing Memphis, Washington and Orlando, and we're an outside chance for second given Toronto have Memphis, Denver, Philly and Milwaukee in their home stretch in no particular order for either. Ideal result would be that Philly get 4th or 5th IMO.

We cannot catch the Raps I believe.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
People say Jaylen Brown's ceiling is Jimmy Butler.

I call BS on that. He will be a better player, esp with his shooting clip and all round game (and not a whining Bitch either)

Anyone who wanted to trade him or Tatum for AD has rocks in their head.

People say Jaylen Brown's ceiling is Jimmy Butler.

I call BS on that. He will be a better player, esp with his shooting clip and all round game (and not a whining b*tch either)

Anyone who wanted to trade him or Tatum for AD has rocks in their head.
I will put up my hand and say I thought we should have traded him for AD. I was wrong, he's been great this season

Don't remember us ever playing this fluid or team orientated whilst Cryie was with us.

Give me Kemba, even with his injuries, over Irving and his diva, narrasiat personality any day.
100%. Kemba has been a leader this season.

I think we should have traded Kyrie and the Memphis first for AD at the start of last year. The rest of that season we'd have had a 9 consisting of:

Rozier, Brown, Tatum, Horford, Davis
Smart, Hayward, Morris, Baynes

But eh. What's done is done.

Oct 6, 2017
All over the place
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool Boston Celtics Victory
That was such an enjoyable game to watch today. Like a couple have mentioned I was a bit surprised to see the Timelord not get a few extra minutes.
Thiess nailing some 3 pointers was good to see and Smart just grinding it out is well, what else do you expect.
Sometimes I wish Tatum could make better decisions but that is just nitpicking I suppose!
Pretty happy overall.

We're locked into 3rd. We either play Miami, Indiana or Philly in the first round of playoffs

Miami have Indiana, OKC, Indiana
Indiana have Miami, Houston, Miami
Philly have Phoenix, Toronto, Houston

Right now I'm backing Philly to beat Phoenix but they'll struggle against Toronto and Houston, I don't see Miami beating OKC nor Indiana beating Houston. Ideally we'd play the Pacers first round IMO.

Okay, these are the scenario's for each to finish 6th:

Miami: Lose their last 2, Indiana to win their last 2, Philly to win all three
Indiana: Lose last 2, Philly win all three or lose one out of two and Philly to win at least 2
Philly: Fail to get more wins than the two above them

Philly have a 1-3 season record against both and Miami lead Indiana 3-0, so that's the first tiebreaker for them. I think who we play comes down to Miami vs Indiana (Miami favourites for me) and Philly vs Houston (If Houston lock in a HCA for r1 against Spurs and Indiana, who knows?)

I think we play Philly, I hope we play Indiana

Back