The Official BigFooty Boston Celtics Thread

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
At the cost of Brown though? That’s the part I don’t like.
I'd only give up Kemba for Harden along with a couple of other pieces and picks only players n/a Tatum Brown and smart.

But even then Harden coming in would mean less touches for everyone else.

Wally Walpamur

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 23, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I wouldn’t do it if we’re only getting 2 years and breaking up Tatum, Brown & Smart. If we put the right pieces around then we could have a playoff team for years to come. I can’t wait to see how we fare this season with TT

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Didn't realise we picked up Jeff Teague over the off season. Very handy bench option to come on for a small ball 5 or if Tatum/Brown/Kemba (when fit) needs a break.
He’s been a pleasant surprise. I was worried that the lack of Kemba was really going to hurt us, but Teague is looking to be a very solid get so far.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Didn't realise we picked up Jeff Teague over the off season. Very handy bench option to come on for a small ball 5 or if Tatum/Brown/Kemba (when fit) needs a break.

Has been great in first game in Green.

Tristan Thompson has been a great beast on the boards too.

And Tatum just being Tatum.

Feeling a bit more optimistic about the season now (more mins for Time Lord and no more Kanter makes me happy)

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

Who else freaked their s**t out when they saw this (hopefully live)

Absolutely went troopo. We never truly had a Jordan/Kobe Mamba Mentality type of Alpha Dog in our storied Franchise history.

Tarum will be it. Jaylen Brown also went off 33 points and several boards and dishes,I will hire an assassin to take out Ainge if he even so much thinks about trading Jaylen.

My heart is still thumping hard. MERRY CHRISTMAS CELTICS NATION

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood

Who else freaked their sh*t out when they saw this (hopefully live)

Absolutely went troopo. We never truly had a Jordan/Kobe Mamba Mentality type of Alpha Dog in our storied Franchise history.

Tarum will be it. Jaylen Brown also went off 33 points and several boards and dishes,I will hire an assassin to take out Ainge if he even so much thinks about trading Jaylen.

My heart is still thumping hard. MERRY CHRISTMAS CELTICS NATION

This game proves to everyone that Brown for Harden is just absolutely ludicrous.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
This game proves to everyone that Brown for Harden is just absolutely ludicrous.

I am starting to think that maybe Kemba is expendable (as much as I like him and he is the consumate pro)

The Sooner we can have regular games where Brown and Tatum have 30 plus dimes each, the better we will be.

Feel like our bench and depth is more balanced too sans Kanter and Gordy.

Hope Pritchard gets more mins against the bum teams, think we have a player there.

I am starting to think that maybe Kemba is expendable (as much as I like him and he is the consumate pro)

The Sooner we can have regular games where Brown and Tatum have 30 plus dimes each, the better we will be.

Feel like our bench and depth is more balanced too sans Kanter and Gordy.

Hope Pritchard gets more mins against the bum teams, think we have a player there.
I'd still love another big on the bench. Or to start and have Theis as a bench player.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I'd still love another big on the bench. Or to start and have Theis as a bench player.

Time Lord eventually will be a starter in this league I am sure. Theis played well today, but I agree with you that he is better suited to coming off the bench.

Time Lord eventually will be a starter in this league I am sure. Theis played well today, but I agree with you that he is better suited to coming off the bench.
So do I but I still think we're a short term chance at winning so an experienced big who is a good rim protector would be ideal. Grant Williams will be pretty handy as a 4/small ball 5 too

Jan 31, 2012
patterson lakes
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Very lucky to get away with that one today. Still concerns me how powerless Stevens is in stopping the haemorrhaging.

That aside I think we can be confident Teague & Thompson will be huge assets for us this season. Teague’s experience marshalling the 2nd unit will fill a void we’ve been looking to fill for years.

Back