The Official BigFooty Boston Celtics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Very gooď win against a good team, given that Jayson and Jaylen really stunk it up (I feel like Tatum was ill/unwell, he didn't look healthy out there)

Kemba came through for us when we needed him the most, Theis was great, and we got a fantastic contribution off the bench, Time Lord and FastPP are future starters, Time Lord's athlectism and shot blocking potential really excites, and it's about time Teague got off his ass and he did his bit. We really more games like that from our bench/role players going fowards (but Ainge still needs to sign up a couple of reinforcements too)

200.gif

Time Lord may well be my very favourite player now. Love him.

Most valuable player for us tonight, no doubt

It is starting to annoy me, every team in the east around us aka nets philly are making moves still and we are just sitting on our arses with this team.

Yes they are good to make playoffs but not for a championship ffs ainge make a move!

It is starting to annoy me, every team in the east around us aka nets philly are making moves still and we are just sitting on our arses with this team.

Yes they are good to make playoffs but not for a championship ffs ainge make a move!

Do you honestly think that bringing in someone like Nikolai Vucevic (sp?) would put us in the nets/Philly/Bucks tier in the east?

I for one would hate for us to gamble on bring in a big name vet only to be knocked out of the playoffs because it didn't work and we sent out out a few of our young Lottery players?

I personally think we should be bringing in blokes who compliment Brown and Tatum and can build around them in the next year or 2. If we must use that exception then bring in Barnes or some role player.

We aint going to beat the Nets now their starting 5 looks to be:
Irving
Durant
Harden
Griffen
Jordan

Do you honestly think that bringing in someone like Nikolai Vucevic (sp?) would put us in the nets/Philly/Bucks tier in the east?

I for one would hate for us to gamble on bring in a big name vet only to be knocked out of the playoffs because it didn't work and we sent out out a few of our young Lottery players?

I personally think we should be bringing in blokes who compliment Brown and Tatum and can build around them in the next year or 2. If we must use that exception then bring in Barnes or some role player.

We aint going to beat the Nets now their starting 5 looks to be:
Irving
Durant
Harden
Griffen
Jordan
Would definitely help having a bigger body presence or even drummond someone just to eat the glass at both ends.

I agree with that we need more vet role players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing rumours about the trade exception being used on Aldridge and sending TT to Spurs.
A starting 5 of
PG Kemba
SG brown
SF Tatum
PF Aldridge
C Williams

would be impressive.

Aldridge is cooked. 2-3 years ago version I’d do it, not now....we’d be pissing the TPE down the drain. I’d rather concede this year & wait till the summer because we’re not contending anyway.

Aldridge is cooked. 2-3 years ago version I’d do it, not now....we’d be pissing the TPE down the drain. I’d rather concede this year & wait till the summer because we’re not contending anyway.
He is still an upgrade from TT to be totally honest.

Well I hear Gordon wants out of Orlando could use the trade exception on him.

Now that’s who we need to be after. A two way player who can slide between the 3-4, shoot the 3 & compliment the Jays. I’d be baffled if Ainge isn’t asking the question....actually no I wouldn’t.

Now that’s who we need to be after. A two way player who can slide between the 3-4, shoot the 3 & compliment the Jays. I’d be baffled if Ainge isn’t asking the question....actually no I wouldn’t.
He better be otherwise he needs to be replaced.

Hopefully with Bellichek pulling the trigger on a FA windfall there’s a bit of scrutiny on Ainge to pull his finger out his arse now.
I hope so.

So inconsistent right now, don't know how we're above .500 atm it's getting beyond a joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back