The Official Bigfooty Brooklyn Nets Brochure

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
A few minutes ago the Brooklyn Nets had their logo/merch release. I'm sure most of us have seen leaks, but what are your thoughts on their brand identity? The whole "no color" idea can go two ways; it's a love or hate thing imo. Personally I think if they pursue an "all black everything" look it would be swag. That could alienate some people though (no racist)

The logo is sort of plain but I guess that is just one piece of the overall branding. At least it can't be criticised for being too over-the-top - it's a new era and they've gone for something very simple which should work. The secondary is pretty sweet, I like those token/roundel/badge style logos (in the same mould as NYK)

Primary:
Screen-Shot-2012-04-30-at-07h24.00-.png

Secondary:
bklyn-nets-alt.gif

It's also been officially announced that the home and road jersey will both say BROOKLYN - this is a great move and will only further stamp the brand identity in its early stages. Bring out an alternate jersey in a couple of years time that says NETS I reckon (silver??? in between black and white? maybe)

Now for some MERCH. Damn this looks mad. So many different ways they could go with this, but black looks good with everything, and I think they have a massive opportunity to exploit this in the coming months. I expect big things from their graphic design team.
Some of my favourites:

1053_large.jpg

1069_large.jpg

1077_large.jpg

1071_large.jpg

As for JERSEYS. I would love to see Brooklyn Nets buck the trend of NBA unis and go with a black jersey for home games and a white guernsey for road games. Turn the stadium black, come up with "blackout" events, really emphasise the idea. This is not a troll idea - we have all seen what Miami did with their black guernsey and they look great.

Would like to hear some thoughts from the BF brethren. :)

Scully2Folau

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 12, 2011
GWS
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
BOS:Celtics/Patriots/Bruins/Red Sox
I like it. They should go Celtics style with the uniforms, simply replace green with black. No side panels, no piping, no V collars. Just black and white with the black-white-black(/reversed) collars, and the B-in-basketball logo on the shorts/back of neck. Mint.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
I like it. They should go Celtics style with the uniforms, simply replace green with black. No side panels, no piping, no V collars. Just black and white with the black-white-black(/reversed) collars, and the B-in-basketball logo on the shorts/back of neck. Mint.

That's exactly what I reckon S2F, great idea. Although I still think they should go black for home unis. Switch it up a bit.

Also I will update the OP, what I thought was the primary logo turns out to be a 'partial' logo, the full logo has BROOKLYN at the bottom.

nufan

Norm Smith Medallist
May 4, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Pelicans, Tottenham
Don't hate what I'm seeing, looking forward to the Jerseys

Inferno

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2006
Tramland
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets
I think they're alright. Colour scheme is good, not enough teams use black as a main colour on their logo and jerseys (I can't think of any team that uses black prominently on their home strip except the Spurs?). Actually on that note, they'll look an awful lot like the Spurs. Not sure on the 'B' in the basketball, seems like someone from marketing threw that in at the last minute.

Back