Chess The Official BigFooty Chess AFL League 2022 (GRAND FINAL: ESS def FRE)

Mmm I closed my account cause playing ranked is too addictive... Would need to make a new account to play

I guess if you stuck to 10min games you could do it on lichess (just the play a friend option), then if you’re more comfortable do a separate account?

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Aug 16, 2009
Bovine University
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Vikings

mattis117

Premium Platinum
Aug 20, 2010
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester City
I guess if you stuck to 10min games you could do it on lichess (just the play a friend option), then if you’re more comfortable do a separate account?
I have actually been playing on Lichess :p, I play anonymously usually, it's kind of weird that I enjoy more when there aren't ranking points on the line and I can't see my opponents elo haha.

I guess I can play, but will stick to ten minutes games.

CURRENT ENTRANTS AND PROPOSED TEAMS

ADELAIDE SAINTS:
CursingFijian pickler_mz
CARLTON BULLDOGS: Th3 DoG FaTh3R chelseacarlton
ESSENDON BOMBERS: Jaymin Jade Bjchan13
FREMANTLE DOCKERS: samFFC mattis117
GEELONG CATS: Partridge Chipmunk
GOLD COAST SUNS: thewizardmelon SunsphereParker
PORT ADELAIDE POWER: Schulzenfest Triple E Tim Evans Beard
RICHMOND TIGERS: Anti Septic Aristotle Pickett
THE MELBOURNES: Pickitt aussiefooty
WEST COAST EAGLES: daddy_4_eyes MWPP sey666

That's 10 teams which looks to be a great season. We'll have a prep game Round (within each club!) starting next week to get used to the format and any late changes, before getting to the League proper.

Of course late entrants welcome (and throughout the season). If anyone in the merged teams (Adelaide and Saints, Melbourne and North, Bulldogs and Carlton) are unhappy with their merger let me know.

Good luck and enjoy the season! I'll set up the PMs tomorrow.​

Last edited:
Let the league begin!

We have 11 teams fighting to become the next Chess AFL champion, including the West Coast Eagles, the defending champions. The fixture list has been updated on Page 1 and I’ll update the rest of it later this week.

Quick reminder of the basics

• matches are 2 v 2 (unless you both have more than 2 players)
  • minimum 10mins each, but can be longer (eg 1 day per move) as long as you finish within the 2 weeks
  • 11 rounds, one every 2 weeks - one round will be a bye for each team
  • Top 6 makes finals series

Otherwise, good luck, enjoy and let me know any questions!

Partridge chelseacarlton samFFC mattis117 Anti Septic Aristotle Pickett SunsphereParker thewizardmelon The Prosecutor Jade daddy_4_eyes MWPP sey666 Pickitt affofficial Jaymin Bjchan13 Schulzenfest Triple E Tim Evans Beard GremioPower CursingFijian pickler_mz

Married With Children Fight GIF by Leroy Patterson

Mar 12, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, LA Lakers, LSU Tigers
Back