Chess The Official BigFooty Chess AFL League 2022 (GRAND FINAL: ESS def FRE)

Out of curiosity if the two games finish 1:1, is it simply a draw or is there a decider?

It’s a draw and you both get 2 points each.

When we get to finals if it finishes as a draw it goes to a decider; both teams nominate a player and they keep playing 10 minute games until one person wins one.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
LEAGUE TABLE UPDATE
1615834012860-png.1078009

SQUAD ANNOUNCEMENTS

Travolta Legends GIF by Pixel Bandits

ROUND 2 COMPLETE (early completion!)
Here is the league table as at Round 2:

1651303052874.png

I will set up the Round 3 PMs now, the round end remains 15 May. Good luck all!

P.S. At some point I'll get to putting updating the squads post, though I'm not prioritising it :)

daddy_4_eyes MWPP Partridge sey666 chelseacarlton Bjchan13 Jaymin Schulzenfest Triple E thewizardmelon SunsphereParker Pickitt affofficial GremioPower Jade The Prosecutor Tim Evans Beard Anti Septic Aristotle Pickett CursingFijian pickler_mz mattis117 samFFC

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
ROUND 2 COMPLETE (early completion!)
Here is the league table as at Round 2:

I will set up the Round 3 PMs now, the round end remains 15 May. Good luck all!

P.S. At some point I'll get to putting updating the squads post, though I'm not prioritising it :)

daddy_4_eyes MWPP Partridge sey666 chelseacarlton Bjchan13 Jaymin Schulzenfest Triple E thewizardmelon SunsphereParker Pickitt affofficial GremioPower Jade The Prosecutor Tim Evans Beard Anti Septic Aristotle Pickett CursingFijian pickler_mz mattis117 samFFC
What does the stuff in brackets represent?

What does the stuff in brackets represent?

W-D-L, match points (4 points for a win and 2 for a draw), game difference (eg a 2-0 win is +2 - I’ll use it for tiebreak)

I

I think i get it but what if I win and my teamate draws?

Then you win the match 1.5-0.5 and take 4 match points (with a +1 game difference). Your opponent will take 0 match points (with a -1 game difference).

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams

Tim Evans Beard, we’ve tied against 10th, but we have played both 1st, and 4th. Maybe we are not that helpless after all!

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
On Playing 1. P-QR4

Magnus has recently started a game against So with 1. a4. I’ve found an old video from agadmator in which he did that as well.

From what I took from the video, Magnus was probably sober this week!

Seriously though, I have another point in mind that I wish to discuss. My impression is that 1. a4, as crazy as it may be, it would simply defer the initiative to black.

Since the game continues with the roles inverted, then it shouldn’t be surprising that one can win after that move. After all, it’s possible to win with black.

It’s just harder to win with black…

Mar 12, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, LA Lakers, LSU Tigers
On Playing 1. P-QR4

Magnus has recently started a game against So with 1. a4. I’ve found an old video from agadmator in which he did that as well.

From what I took from the video, Magnus was probably sober this week!

Seriously though, I have another point in mind that I wish to discuss. My impression is that 1. a4, as crazy as it may be, it would simply defer the initiative to black.

Since the game continues with the roles inverted, then it shouldn’t be surprising that one can win after that move. After all, it’s possible to win with black.

It’s just harder to win with black…

As white, I try to have a few of these different openings up my sleeve, because there are many 1.e4 or 1.d4 Andy’s.

Can’t say I play 1.a4 often though :p

Apr 30, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Carlisle, Celtics, GCS
Mar 12, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, LA Lakers, LSU Tigers
Is anyone following the Candidates?

I can’t watch the entire day due to the Timezone (each day starts at 11pm here), but I catch the first couple of hours then watch the games and some analysis back the following morning.

I was surprised that Alireza lost after his incredible efforts yesterday.

I can’t watch the entire day due to the Timezone (each day starts at 11pm here), but I catch the first couple of hours then watch the games and some analysis back the following morning.

I was surprised that Alireza lost after his incredible efforts yesterday.

Very impressive by Nepo!

Back