FTA-TV The Official Bigfooty Moon Knight Thread 🌙 (March 30 - Streaming on Disney+)

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Also just realised Khonshu is being voiced by F Murray Abraham.

uC4iyV.gif

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
The first episode is up on Disney+.

Didn't mind it, it's got a long way to go. I'm not familiar with the comic so this is new to me. The episode jumps around a lot which makes it a tad confusing at times, but it's all part of the story and things get a little clearer by the end.

Last edited:
Great reading a lot of people going into this blind and loving it as well.

Been tempted to watch the YouTube recaps but going to wait till after the season is done. Been great watching without any pre-conceived ideas.

I am happy to read that many went into this without any preconceived ideas or prior experience (aka not comic book readers). I am the same. A fun ride was the episode! Then at the end thinking wtf is going on. But that's the charm of it. I reckon google stats for egyptian gods went up 1000000% last night.

I like the sand around the bed metaphor.

Shame about "sleeping" through the date. Reckon she'll be a key part, probably captured by ethan hawke and rescued by him in the end.

Another cracking ep. So hard to not look up the background of the character though!

And yep, 6 X 50 is so much better for pacing than 7-9 x 25-35 minute episodes.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Excellent episode.

Am still thinking Jake Lockley is the one who asked that woman from the first episode out on a date. Let’s see.

The crescent moon background shots always get me, beautifully done.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Cracking first ep, but god his accent is awful.

Maybe it's meant to be awful on purpose? It makes it even more funny when he says things like -

Isn't that a bit dodgy? Trusting the judgment of a weird crocodile lady.

or

Oh my god, I'm going to die in an evil magician's man cave.

Maybe it's meant to be awful on purpose? It makes it even more funny when he says things like -

Isn't that a bit dodgy? Trusting the judgment of a weird crocodile lady.

or

Oh my god, I'm going to die in an evil magician's man cave.

Yeah someone suggested that and it makes a bit more sense.

Enjoyed the first two episodes but I’m seriously ******* lost

Spoiler is a long rambling trying to understand s**t haha

Oscar Isaac take a bow though

So...the main character has a split personality, Steven, and Mark, and apparently Mark was a bad person, a mercenary, that was killed, until Khonshu brought him back to life with the understanding that Mark would be Khonshu's avatar...but avatar suggests that Khonshu is in control of Steven/Mark's body but it seems like Mark is in control when he turns into Moon Knight.

Why doesn't Khonshu directly take control of Mark/Steven? He has the power to give Mark super strength but he doesn't have the power to possess Mark/Steven directly? That's another thing, when Mark/Steven are all mummied up, he's not called Khonshu, he's called Moon Knight?

Mark and Steven are the same person but Mark is the one that made the initial agreement with Khonshu to be his avatar? Why would Khonshu pick somebody with a split personality? I guess Ethan Hawk's character said something about Khonshu liking to pick people with compromised brains or something along those lines? And how was it that Mark, "was a corpse" i.e. dead when presumably Steven wasn't dead? I guess Steven was dead too for a while?

And why is Khonshu doing any of this? He's just a supernatural Batman from a spiritual realm who cares about justice?

Also how long has this split personality been going on? Mark is married. Did he have this Steven personality while he was married? His wife doesn't know about the Steven personality. Does that mean that Steven was dormant the entire time that Mark was with his wife?

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Ep 3 slightly weaker I thought. Though we did get another doozy from Steven - "Oh my days, we're inside the great pyramid".

There was a hint of a possible third personality.

Back