FTA-TV The Official Bigfooty Moon Knight Thread 🌙 (March 30 - Streaming on Disney+)

Remove this Banner Ad

Am just wondering if Rama Tut is perhaps referenced. Alluding to Kang coming. There’s going to be a supernatural style pocket of the MCU with Blacknight, Blade etc on the cards. And there’s also a God Butcher around. Wondering if these threads are perhaps tied together.

Seeing Blade as a muted version of his comic persona, Black Knight I can see them going space with cosmic nonsense for Captain Britain and say lean heavily on the Kree involvement. But I'd class those as landlocked basically.

The "blur" for me is with Thor.

Now say I hated Ragnarok since a third of it was a hulk story condensed into "let's make him relevant in this narrative" and Asgard was practically destroyed by Surtur for Thanos to stick the boot in like a good pleb. That narrative for me has not aged well at all.

But do they revist it with the gods having more punch with then the space being the realm of celestials and the magic of the MCU being whole living tribunal, fault lines between realms and "these things happening for these reasons that aren't steeped in science", whilst then Strange is the bridge between that and along with Wanda, Pietro and the X-men and F4 eventually, being that bridge between "we dunno what all this is" and the humanity of the caps, widow, avengers, hydra, aim and etc and the sciences. This then harkens back to the baron statement of Wanda & Pietro being 'miracles', and say Red Skull ending up being tied to the soul stone on a cosmic scene as "I dunno, but we'll find out..." by the science guys.

Moon Knight for me then would be the former, not the latter to then lean into "there's realms of gods on these planes of existences doing these things for these reasons that's not as contrived as Eternals was" to extrapolate, much like Constantine, that there's influences and means and ways that the varying god hoods can then influence the mortal plane, again like Dormammu and the eventual "Konshu and Mephisto know each other" to tie it all in.

Last thing I want is more time nonsense to fuddle things up, lets just magic this bitch to Ilyana can go to Limbo and bitchslap some demons.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Back with a bang. Best episode of the series thus far for me. Penultimate episodes usually are.

Loved the reference to the Ancestral Plane, something that I’m surprised has taken this long to lean into given Egypt and Wakanda are both in Africa.

The unbalanced/incomplete scales I was certain was going to lead to Jake. There’s still that tomb from last week that was shaking in one of the rooms in that hospital.

Oscar Isaac has been outstanding in this.

Back with a bang. Best episode of the series thus far for me. Penultimate episodes usually are.

Loved the reference to the Ancestral Plane, something that I’m surprised has taken this long to lean into given Egypt and Wakanda are both in Africa.

The unbalanced/incomplete scales I was certain was going to lead to Jake. There’s still that tomb from last week that was shaking in one of the rooms in that hospital.

I just hope the Jake wave and hope all over social media isn’t gonna be another mephisto

When moon knight and his god when all Cher did that funky turn back time thing I’d love to know what dr strange was thinking at the time.

Amazing episode.

This show has been a well crafted story that really rounded out his character well with the latest installment.

Trying best to avoid anything spoilerish online because it's been great going in blind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing episode.

This show has been a well crafted story that really rounded out his character well with the latest installment.

Trying best to avoid anything spoilerish online because it's been great going in blind.

I own a couple of the comics back when I still purchased them off shelf, so know the character. This is still a brilliant rendition, a thoroughly enjoyable romp and I am loving what Marvel has altered, switched around, tweaked, kept and otherwise.

Also making me appreciate AC Origins more as a game.

Would love to see a shot of him looking at his window from the Sanctum with a "oh for fu**s sake" look on his face :D

We all know it was Wong who actually looked out the widow and relayed the information, Stephen never leaves the sanctum to see the night sky, for that is perfect time to bring a candle to whatever tome he was intending to peruse that night.

I own a couple of the comics back when I still purchased them off shelf, so know the character. This is still a brilliant rendition, a thoroughly enjoyable romp and I am loving what Marvel has altered, switched around, tweaked, kept and otherwise.

Also making me appreciate AC Origins more as a game.

Ooh this is in my pile of shame! Is there a lot of Egyptian mythology in it?

Ooh this is in my pile of shame! Is there a lot of Egyptian mythology in it?

There's a reason why Steven was changed from comic representation, and for me, this was to facilitate the "high level" Egyptian mytho link to the people who have NFI going in. Like no one really gets the whole dynamic of Osiris, Anubis, Taweret, Ammitt and the like, but if you just know they exist, what they represent, then when they pop up, you can accept that yep, they exist in these spaces and it's not an issue.

Moon Knight being a Konshu thing, it's expected that people at least know that yep, god and yep supahpowahs which is then different to Thors a god, he has supahpowahs, but, this is different...

I think Moon Knight is already one of my fav MCU characters. Surely it gets a season 2.

It didnt occur to me that Jake Lockley would be a villianous personality. Makes perfect sense in hindsight and I cant wait to see Isaac get stuck into that. So much potential from a storytelling perspective too.

Really enjoyed that. Up there with the best they've done in either film or TV format. In terms of character development really loved the brotherly aspect of Mark and Steven too. Lotta feels.

Even though Jake has been mentioned in this thread prior to the episode, that was still great. Loved the evil look.

Pardon the ignorance, but my interpretation was that Khonshu has released Mark/Steven but not Jake?

Really enjoyed that. Up there with the best they've done in either film or TV format. In terms of character development really loved the brotherly aspect of Mark and Steven too. Lotta feels.

Even though Jake has been mentioned in this thread prior to the episode, that was still great. Loved the evil look.

Pardon the ignorance, but my interpretation was that Khonshu has released Mark/Steven but not Jake?

I assume the same thing. I hope Jakes suit is really badass.

Yep, very well done, kinda how I expected it'd go but the literal ending was a bit out of left field.

I assume the same thing. I hope Jakes suit is really badass.
He won't get one in the classical sense, as he'll be the normie now that steven has accepted the Mr Knight costume based on his interactions with Marc and general fanboying. That's largely why he then shot from the front of the limo instead of out on the street or via raiding the place.

Way I'm seeing it is;

Marc - redeemed mercenary
Steven - cover for hiding damage accepted as intelligensia agent for book smart v militaristic smart
Jake - Negative emotive response for repressed 'what if?" response, with knowledge of "need to hide / plausible deniability" aka serial killer personality doing the stuff no one wants to admit and street smart.

Ergo, a difference shifted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back