The Official Bigfooty NBA 2019 Finals thread - Toronto Raptors vs Golden State Warriors (Raptors win 4-2)

Who will win the NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SunGirl89

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Raptors win Game 6 by 15. Warriors don’t have a hope in hell of forcing a Game 7.

Without KD, Raptors would have won Game 5. Is Boogie really gonna string 2 solid efforts in a row? Will Looney get up for Game 6? We know the Warriors will continue to turn the ball over. Pressure will be on the Warriors, but Kawhi will get the job done. Sadly, there won’t be a Game 7.

Last edited:

Hawkie_McHawkHawk

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Raptors win Game 6 by 15. Warriors don’t have a hope in hell of forcing a Game 7.

Without KD, Raptors would have won Game 5. Is Boogie really gonna string 2 solid efforts in a row? Will Looney get up for Game 6? We know the Warriors will continue to turn the ball over. Pressure will be on the Warriors, but Kawhi will get the job done. Sadly, there won’t be a Game 7.
This is about right I reckon. Suprised people in here haven’t noticed just how garbage Cousins is, he’s completely washed up, is averaging 30% shooting as a center in the finals and let’s not start on his D. Biggest cancer in the league, has been a career loser healthy or not. Looney will miss you’d think especially after what’s gone down with KD, more Boogie, more weak help defense, Kawhi will get whatever jumper he wants. All the pressure back on the Warriors, Toronto will be keen to make up for last games choke.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

This is about right I reckon. Suprised people in here haven’t noticed just how garbage Cousins is, he’s completely washed up, is averaging 30% shooting as a center in the finals and let’s not start on his D. Biggest cancer in the league, has been a career loser healthy or not. Looney will miss you’d think especially after what’s gone down with KD, more Boogie, more weak help defense, Kawhi will get whatever jumper he wants. All the pressure back on the Warriors, Toronto will be keen to make up for last games choke.

I agree except splash brothers.

It is improbable but not impossible they drop 20 3’s between them.

Not sure it will happen though when the Raptors will be concentrating all their defensive efforts on 2 guys only.

But it is possible

Hawkie_McHawkHawk

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I agree except splash brothers.

It is improbable but not impossible they drop 20 3’s between them.

Not sure it will happen though when the Raptors will be concentrating all their defensive efforts on 2 guys only.

But it is possible
They are amazing. But they seem to follow up a lights out shooting game with a ‘just good’ game all playoffs.. anything less than god like and the warriors just don’t have the fire power.
Will be interesting to see how the Raps play it but Kawhi and Green are A class wing defenders, they should look to smother the splash brothers and let anyone else beat them. Easier said than done. And I’m sure any moves Nurse had up his sleave are surely on the table by now.

Hawkie_McHawkHawk

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
After the way Toronto fans treated Durant after he got injured, I hope the Warriors come back now and murder them. **** all the Raptors fans who cheered when he went down.
No doubt it was poor form, Id like to think it’s more a cheer for the desperate fans realising the chances of a championship just went up ten fold rather than actually cheering on his injury directly. If it was a regular season game id have no doubt they wouldn’t have carried on like that. Still, it did look and sound completely classless.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
After the way Toronto fans treated Durant after he got injured, I hope the Warriors come back now and murder them. **** all the Raptors fans who cheered when he went down.
It was very disgraceful.
But credit to Lowry for tell them to shut it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I believe it's about a 9 month injury, so if he was to return next season, it would be just before the playoffs.
It really throws a spanner in the works coming into free agency period. Does he move on? Does a team spend huge $$ knowing he won't play next season? Does it affect Davis potentially moving to NY or Kyrie to Brooklyn?

With Boogie probably on the move(I'm hearing Lakers), the Warriors will be very gettable next season. If I was KD I'd stay in San Fran and recover with familiar surroundings, come back in readiness for playoffs next year and have another crack at glory. This offseason is going to be bonkers..

Hawkie_McHawkHawk

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It really throws a spanner in the works coming into free agency period. Does he move on? Does a team spend huge $$ knowing he won't play next season? Does it affect Davis potentially moving to NY or Kyrie to Brooklyn?

With Boogie probably on the move(I'm hearing Lakers), the Warriors will be very gettable next season. If I was KD I'd stay in San Fran and recover with familiar surroundings, come back in readiness for playoffs next year and have another crack at glory. This offseason is going to be bonkers..
Boogie hanging around at GSW next season actually lowers their chances. Warriors FO would be all over this and will tell him thanks and good luck. Won’t get offered a max deal anywhere

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Boogie hanging around at GSW next season actually lowers their chances. Warriors FO would be all over this and will tell him thanks and good luck. Won’t get offered a max deal anywhere
Probably right, but he was fantastic before his injury last season. Hasn't come back well. Looked dominant though at times this season, but really only showed snippets instead of stringing great games together. A team will take a chance on him. If Lakers land AD(which AD really wants), then I can see Boogie playing off the bench next season for Lakers. He doesn't look fit enough to play starting 5 atm. Big offseason for him..

Hawkie_McHawkHawk

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Probably right, but he was fantastic before his injury last season. Hasn't come back well. Looked dominant though at times this season, but really only showed snippets instead of stringing great games together. A team will take a chance on him. If Lakers land AD(which AD really wants), then I can see Boogie playing off the bench next season for Lakers. He doesn't look fit enough to play starting 5 atm. Big offseason for him..
I don’t disagree with what your saying, and yeah he’s had injury problems the last couple of years but he’s played on some good teams throughout his career and can’t pull them out of the lottery. Empty stats. s**t he and AD couldn’t even get it together. Now he’s had a busted achillies and seemingly injury prone, can’t stay in front of anyone on defense, has bad shot selection, warriors are pretty much using him as a full time screen setter.. there’s no way anyone offers him a big contract. He’s done.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

I'm Cousins biggest critic (well maybe not after your post), but you are being way too harsh.

He'll still be a good player next year. The main reason he's struggling at the moment is due to two major injuries in the last 12 months. He's not built to be effective after an injury.

I think everyone can move on

Well I’d like to discuss the penmanship or lake thereof on the card.

Ease up son. Players in any sport often are forced to retire after having the same injury Cousins has had. He may never get back to what he was, but let’s at least give him a chance. As for saying he and AD couldn’t get it done together? What a stupid comment. Cousins hurt his Achilles in January of 2018.

I get you don’t like the man but let’s keep a modicum of balance.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Kawhi's taking advantage of those "Board Man" quotes going viral it seems

01.jpg

Hawkie_McHawkHawk

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Well I’d like to discuss the penmanship or lake thereof on the card.

Ease up son. Players in any sport often are forced to retire after having the same injury Cousins has had. He may never get back to what he was, but let’s at least give him a chance. As for saying he and AD couldn’t get it done together? What a stupid comment. Cousins hurt his Achilles in January of 2018.

I get you don’t like the man but let’s keep a modicum of balance.
I dunno how long you’ve been watching ball for ‘son’ but I doubt it’s as long as me. Cousins has been a career loser, way before he hurt his achillies he’s done nothing. If he was as good as some suggested he and AD would have dominated the league. Didn’t happen. He’s well known to have the worst attitude in the league. I suggest you pay a little more attention to the league, but you will probably be done with it after today and hop off the bandwagon once the warriors go down

Back