The Official Bigfooty NBA 2019 Finals thread - Toronto Raptors vs Golden State Warriors (Raptors win 4-2)

Who will win the NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Big shout out to all the morons on here calling for the sixers and the bucks to win so the series would be ‘more competitive’
Goodnight #wethenorth

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Sometimes survival of the fittest applies. Toronto stayed strong, great rotations. Golden State road that luck for the past 5 years. Please, can’t use that as an excuse. Players get injured, it happens.
Toronto depth was great. I mean Siakam wasn’t even playing NBA last year mostly. Got Gasol, Ibaka. Credit to Toronto, pulled some unbelievable moves. Sacked Dwane, moved their loyal, perhaps one of their best ever in DeRozan to somehow snare Kawhi. The management is huge Jealous. Washington swept them a few years ago, now look at the difference

I dunno how long you’ve been watching ball for ‘son’ but I doubt it’s as long as me. Cousins has been a career loser, way before he hurt his achillies he’s done nothing. If he was as good as some suggested he and AD would have dominated the league. Didn’t happen. He’s well known to have the worst attitude in the league. I suggest you pay a little more attention to the league, but you will probably be done with it after today and hop off the bandwagon once the warriors go down

Well if you’ve watched the game so long, surely you’d agree it’s impossible to dominate the league without playing a playoff game together.

As for bandwagoning, I’d suggest paying more attention to the posting that goes on here.

Stiff way to go out for the Warriors. Kept fighting and refused to give in. Can’t ask for more than that.

Raps still had to earn it and guys like Ibaka and FVV took their moments. Definitely a right place, right time feel to it, but hardly undeserving. Well done Raps.

Bring on Free Agency and Wojbombs!

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Great game. I would have loved for it to go 7 but the Raptors were unreal and fully deserved their win. Leonard is a beast and with the addition of Green the Raps were a different animal.

Fantastic for the game well done Raptors.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
And finally the GSW band wagoners can go away. This is good for Basketball. All those all stars.

Gasol 3 x All Star, DPOY, All NBA First Team
Lowry 5 x All Star, All NBA Third Team
Leonard 3 x All Star, 2 x DPOY, finals MVP, 2 x All NBA First Team
Ibaka 3 x All Defensive First Team

Toronto's roster hardly stinks. In terms of overall salaries you're talking $148m for GSW this year vs $136m for Toronto. They're not a Brooklyn/LAC who have room to bring in multiple free agents.

Putting aside any injuries to GSW and Kawhi being amazing, Toronto really won because their roster runs deeper. Green, Siakam and VanVleet is around $14-15m of cap space between them. Compare that to any combination of players outside the starting 5 and GSW aren't getting anywhere near the same value for money. GSW sacrificed Barnes, Barbosa, Bogut etc. to get Durant in. The starting 5 is excellent, the rest of the roster not so much. A fit Cousins, Draymond, KD, Klay, Steph + Iguodala as your 6th man is ridiculous but they never had that. Toronto had two players average 10+ without starting any of the games. GSW had none.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
You feel for DeRozan not being a part of it but not being able to do what Kawhi can applies to every player in the league bar 2 or 3 at most. He is a machine both ways and a clutch player.

I remember earlier in the year Bogut said that he was disappointed to leave GS in 2016 but if he had the chance to trade him on $12m to fit in KD he would absolutely have done it too. It's a brutal business but Kawhi is an MVP calibre player and DeRozan isn't.

Big shout out to all the morons on here calling for the sixers and the bucks to win so the series would be ‘more competitive’
Goodnight #wethenorth

Care to name these morons so I can infract them?

Well if you’ve watched the game so long, surely you’d agree it’s impossible to dominate the league without playing a playoff game together.

As for bandwagoning, I’d suggest paying more attention to the posting that goes on here.

Commiserations mate. Credit to you for sticking fat in face of all the injuries.

Richmond have more injuries than golden state :D

Back